ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Replaced the bumper

Removed the old one which was looking tired and had some broken clips, stripped down all the bits, and refitted to a new one

the new bumper and black inserts have had fresh paint

20200509_164741_rmedited.jpg
20200509_164726_rmedited.jpg
MVIMG_20200509_163112.jpg

Fresh 😎

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Not my car but I had the job of giving this the once over, was quite concerned about touching the canvas for fear of A) it falling apart & B) it looking 10x worse than it does already so I opted to play safe and leave it be.
It doesn’t look too different from a distance but it’s noticeably less green in places now 🙂

8CDD678F-0E0A-4382-A029-DF6C3AF8F567.jpeg

2218BE36-BA2A-4F1D-A074-815690740B17.jpeg
845DAD0F-95C2-439C-ADFB-6D7D906F6CAA.jpeg
EE5D7F04-2CAD-4ED0-9231-65938750A366.jpeg
9FA8B4C1-C0C7-4B36-8CE8-C40328692BF5.jpeg
342E9F65-0F06-4E0B-B529-88B5D14A1828.jpeg
2CD22714-A1CF-427A-A90A-E4368D30A9CB.jpeg
C2E58582-5350-435A-B611-F08A469EA479.jpeg
893E3A46-62F4-45FC-82CE-807FBE0E73BE.jpeg

8135F56F-0E17-4062-A811-60F239ABCFD6.jpeg

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
The Fiesta decided to pull a rocker stud out Wednesday and I managed to limp it home. Fuel gauge decided to stop working and gearbox has been a right pain to get in 1st and 2nd from cold. So today with my new helicoil kit I refitted the stud, fixed the fuel guage, which was an earthing issue and changed gearbox oil for some 75 - 90 fully synthetic that so far seems to have sorted the selection issue. Pics of the offending stud

20200506_232530.jpg
20200506_232509.jpg
20200506_232651.jpg
20200506_232534.jpg

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I need a red Megane. That looks so smart 👍
Cheers bud

It's had a deep clean with the lock down, wheels off, arches cleaned out, cracked out the DA etc

Just need some new plates to complete it for now 👍🏻

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Rear brakes on the van somehow this passed an Mot without even an advisory both sides the same.
A837867E-EA6C-42BD-BF65-1E2FDB48DC04.jpeg

Also managed to bodge myself a tool to wind the caliper back in.
4D81FE7F-EF36-4993-90BC-4D703F34DCDF.jpeg

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Replaced the bumper

Removed the old one which was looking tired and had some broken clips, stripped down all the bits, and refitted to a new one

the new bumper and black inserts have had fresh paint

Fresh 😎
Looks so fresh Gaz!

Who did you use for paint? Looking to have a few bits done on mine at some point

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Looks so fresh Gaz!

Who did you use for paint? Looking to have a few bits done on mine at some point

Cheers

It was a mate In the end

Originally I took it to a place near Nantwich, told them no rush, but 5 weeks in and they hadn't even touched it. So as lockdown was about to happen I picked it back up as if they shut I'd have been stuck without the black insert / blade.

An old mate who does lots of work for Honda dealer in Wrexham did it in the end. He's mobile, but as I'd striped it all down he had the bits at his for the last few weeks. Picked it up Saturday and built it back up

Nice job considering its not been done in a booth

It's a fair old job stripping it fully down and rebuilding it back up - held together with rivets and all-sorts! 🤦‍♂️

Expensive few months, clutch and dual mass at the Birchdown boys, X4 PS4's this bumper, service and MOT end of the month. Dabbling with an intercooler too 💰💰💰

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
Ahhh fair enough. It's always handy to know somebody like that. Looks like he's done a cracking job!

I can only imagine. I've spent a small fortune on mine getting it up to scratch 🤦‍♂️ Fully recommend a bigger intercooler and a visit back to Scoff's. So impressed with the mapping now, I should've had it done sooner.

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
Had a customers car today which apparently had leaked oil on his drive, went round and recovered it to my garage. Turns out it was gearbox oil.

Proper job done on it
61b2c622c43cba56f66fdfdd495d2686.jpg

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
Looks that way, surprisingly still selected gears ok and actually drove lol

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
21 year old boy racer when i got in the music nearly blew my ear drums.

Mbeau

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Serviced the track car, changed the front brake pads and fitted a new coolant tank. Serviced my XR2 and played around with the suspension settings as it's too harsh for the road.

I now know what lb springs are on the coilovers so will email Gaz and get some different ones to try.

20200516_124433.jpg

Archtects

ClioSport Club Member
  Z34 370z Nismo
Painted the door handles. Controversial not in black 😳😳
But same color as the car!
Not bad for a rattle can, halfruards special
IMG_20200519_132216.jpg

IMG_20200519_132212.jpg

The little clip is missing because I cocked it up and it needs respraying

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Dom, we are on exactly the same bloody page of ‘rescue a clio manual’. I refurbed my hubs last week! Got to remove my beam bushes tomorrow and drop the beam off at the blasters
Yeah I've been watching your progress, I need to order braided rear brake lines and a few clips for the heat shields then it's just waiting for the beam to come back.

Pegasaurus Rex

Bon Jovi Officianado
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've been watching your progress, I need to order braided rear brake lines and a few clips for the heat shields then it's just waiting for the beam to come back.
I haven’t done much on the car in last week, progress has stalled somewhat. I managed to source a nearly new hardline now, so Just going to order the standard braided line kit From BRT. I also need to try and source a back box heat shield as my car is completely missing it

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I haven’t done much on the car in last week, progress has stalled somewhat. I managed to source a nearly new hardline now, so Just going to order the standard braided line kit From BRT. I also need to try and source a back box heat shield as my car is completely missing it

Yes mine is too, I've wire brushed, hydrate 80 and painted them with silver hammerite

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Refitted the fuel tank, heatshields and exhaust mount with stainless fixings. Fitted all fuel and brake line clips, just waiting for the beam to come back from powder coating.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Finally rebuilt the rear calipers and fitted the braided lines I bought from the 'old' Proline...

The long line that runs across the beam went on fine, however the shorter near side has the wrong fitting on which I only realised after trying to get it to seal in the caliper many times 😠

IMG_20200530_182849.jpg

You can see the left side 90° hasn't got the taper seat like the other.

So ended up refitting the old line and even that won't seal 100% now, so I think in my efforts to get the braided one to seal it may have damaged the threads/taper inside of my freshly built caliper 😔

I messaged the new Proline guy and he replied almost straight away saying he would sort it for me for a small charge. I thought I would have to buy a new line thinking it wouldn't be any of his business because it was made by the previous company.

So top marks for Josh at Proline Braided Lines for helping out.

Clio182
Just taxed my 182 ready for tomorrow! Will be up at 6am to go for a drive on the empty roads. Can’t wait.

Then it’ll be time for cleaning, polishing and making it look as good as new - photos to follow!

Cullen0406

ClioSport Club Member
yesterday I took the car to AWMotorworks, gearbox to be taken out inspected and refurbed , new lightened flywheel and clutch on, service and health check, few other little goodies as well that I could do when I get the car back but being lazy and whilst its with alex I thought id let him have the fun ha