ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

172 phase 1 & 2
Off subject I know but thinking tyres next, either Michelin pe2's or toyo proxes t1-r's.
im unsure which is best? An ideas guys?
cheers

Renault Clio 172
Purchased number 31 of 85 phase 1 172 that were imported to Australia from a friend who hadn't done one bit of maintenance on her since 2009.

Today removed three years of human slime and crud from the interior.

Removed the engine cover to find a rubber bung in where the oil filler cap should be and oil everywhere.

Degreased the engine and ordered a new oil filler cap.

Now I'm waiting on parts from the UK.

Off subject I know but thinking tyres next, either Michelin pe2's or toyo proxes t1-r's.
im unsure which is best? An ideas guys?
cheers

Out of those 2, the Michelin's

I had T1R's, then got Contisport Contact 2's. much better in the wet so I'd assume the Michelin's to be on par with the continental's

Jon

172 phase 1 & 2
Out of those 2, the Michelin's

I had T1R's, then got Contisport Contact 2's. much better in the wet so I'd assume the Michelin's to be on par with the continental's

Jon
Thanks for the reply buddy, well I only know if the 2 I previously mentioned, continentals are better?

Thanks for the reply buddy, well I only know if the 2 I previously mentioned, continentals are better?

PE2s are the best normal road tyre you can put on a clio imo. Weren't they designed for the car?
Comparing them to T1Rs is an absolute joke tbh - toyos are a budget tyre! Awfulllll in the wet.

clio sold :(
First day with the car. Replaced fog light bulb, new car mats, sticky pads on rear Reg it was falling off

172 phase 1 & 2
PE2s are the best normal road tyre you can put on a clio imo. Weren't they designed for the car?Comparing them to T1Rs is an absolute joke tbh - toyos are a budget tyre! Awfulllll in the wet.
Pmsl, chill winston lol!!! Only asking for advice lol. Have no idea if the pe2s was designed for clio's? Ill have to do some more research I guess

Lotus Elise
Hi mate, are they good tyres? I'm looking for a good quality tire an been told those or t1r an thought I would come on here an ask for people opinions on what's best before I buy

PS3s knock T1Rs out the water.

Today I used about 2mm of rear tyre driving around Donington. Driving>polishing.

Suzuki Jimny
Hi mate, are they good tyres? I'm looking for a good quality tire an been told those or t1r an thought I would come on here an ask for people opinions on what's best before I buy

The Toyos are budget, and the michelins/continentals are premium.

ps3's are awesome, lovely chap who i bought the 182 off had a new set for £430! fitted, after having a 205gti with bald tyres it is bliss. doing a 720 at a busy roundabout when youre doing the speed limit is not cool!

renault clio cup 172
hi everyone,all day have been trying to find reason why my smoke is coming out of the steering wheel shroud,have changed the squib ring today,only to find that on turning momo steering wheel smoke return,s bought the car app 2 month,s ago so problem has just occured , any thought,s

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
hi everyone,all day have been trying to find reason why my smoke is coming out of the steering wheel shroud,have changed the squib ring today,only to find that on turning momo steering wheel smoke return,s bought the car app 2 month,s ago so problem has just occured , any thought,s

Post in technical chap, you won't get any help in here.

Mick

CursedTitanium 182FF

Sounds like your horn is shorting out inside the hub, be careful its a fire hazard.

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Sorn'ed it, cleaned it and stored it for winter

384307_10152221273080562_1160088729_n.jpg

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Finally visited K-Tec! Walked away with 2118's, coilovers, carbon splitter and an empty wallet. Then proceeded to get it very dirty whilst driving around the nearby roads :)