ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you done to your car today ???

BMW 1 SERIES
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353439190.013815.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1353439200.504967.jpg
New white powder coat on all alloys courtesy of max powder, Hemel. Great job on them and in less than 2 days ! Looks great !

BMW 1 SERIES
I was thinking of getting them to do my F1's happy with their work / cost ?

Yes I can highly recommend! Booked in last week for Monday morning, they call me at 4pm this afternoon and there complete. They even put the new tyres on that i ordered. 4 alloys fully treated, stripped and powder coated for £194. So great price, I had a 10% voucher flyer, that they have a load of Watford Costco tyres ! If you are going to do it...

extreme flamer
Drove it, broke it, tried to move it/fix it, sat and watched smoke belting out of the engine bay as I waited for the RAC to come and help me, put it in my garage to forget about it for a few days

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Spent £107 at renault on all the correct nuts, bolts and clips for my bumper, under tray and wheel arch liners. :eek:

extreme flamer
Spent £107 at renault on all the correct nuts, bolts and clips for my bumper, under tray and wheel arch liners. :eek:

Did u wait long for your nuts, bolts, etc? I need a wheel caliper carrier bolt asap, mines seems to have disappeared!

Iceberg 172
1d700eae34ac11e2ae2622000a1fb7e1_7.jpg

Had 4 winter tires fitted at the dodgiest place. Or rather, according to the picture, 4 paddles for my rowing boat :)

Next - trying to get my hands on a cup spoiler from eBay UK.

Renault Clio 172
Took off my shitty power flow twin exhaust, had to buy a new bumper as had a cut out, referbed a set of 182 cup alloys into gloss black, fitted standard back box. and have a cup spoiler turning up tomorrow to fit...
f**k me iv been busy lol..

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Did u wait long for your nuts, bolts, etc? I need a wheel caliper carrier bolt asap, mines seems to have disappeared!

I ordered these a few months ago and got them next day as i was refurbishing my callipers.

Part number is 7701203713 and they are around £30.00 - Its item number 9 on the picture below.

Caliper.gif

Astra (H) VXR
Absolutely thrashed the nackers off it for the first time in a long time... Felt good to give it some stick... Forgot how much fun they are...

Alibi Blue Clio 197
Rear numberplate light not working, dismantled re-fitted new bulb and put lens through dishwasher and it's come out all sparklie...ahh!! But stalled the car at the lollipop man this afternoon with a quarter of a tank of fuel on-board and now the low fuel light is one and wont go off???:headno:

Astra (H) VXR
Got really angry and felt like taking it to the scrap yard..

Went to change the front pads to find the brake carrier pistons seized, tried freeing it up and it sheared off.. No luck finding a new one around my area until next week..

Went to change the abs sensor, had to have the whole hub off to drill the old sensor out as it was stuck on... Then only to find the parts place had given me the wrong sensor..

On the plus side I fixed the electric window.. And refit the splitter as I half ripped it off on a Kerb..

Don't you just love it when a simple hours worth of work goes tits up and after 5 hours all you have done is fit a new window motor and brake pad on one side..

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Don't you just love it when a simple hours worth of work goes tits up and after 5 hours all you have done is fit a new window motor and brake pad on one side..

Know how you feel. Last saturday all I had after 5 hours were three nuts off and a seized bolt through the lower ball joint. By sunday night I had the ball joint off and then discovered the parts place gave me the wrong ball joints. Wasted half my weekend with half the job done.

Astra (H) VXR
Nightmare buddy... Yea I had a seized but on what I guessing is the same lower ball joint... 2 massive breaker bars on either side, an a mate to help, and 15 minutes later and it was no longer seized

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
Nightmare buddy... Yea I had a seized but on what I guessing is the same lower ball joint... 2 massive breaker bars on either side, an a mate to help, and 15 minutes later and it was no longer seized

I put so much torque through the head of the bolt that it rounded the head. Only option was to hammer it and try to spin it with the rounded head. That's what took all the time up. That side took me around 9 hours, the other side took under 90 minutes haha

Clio 172
Had new front pads, cup shocks, tie rods and track rod ends, also put my winter wheels on and had my track tyres swapped on the rims ready for next year.

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Front Discs and pads (N/S was in horrendous condition!) and tried to suss why the EML came on 3 mins after receiving the MOT refusal paperwork :/