ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Flat Eric

Sing Hosanna!!
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
In need of some new snow foam. Which do you lot recommend? I've had both the I4D snow foam along with the snow foam wax one.
Recently ran out, just wondered if I should try a different one at all? If so which one, and where from.

Cheers, Chris

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Picked up a few more bits from Shinearama at the weakend.

Poorboys Natural Look
Dodo Purple Haze sample pot
Few VP brushes
VP wheel brush
Prima Wheel Armour

Went to the BMW open day they had yesterday too, since Mike's got an e90 now. F*cking tough paint. I'm glad I own a Renault. :eek:

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Nah, for my Dad's Touring. I'm doing an enhancement on it at the weekend. I have a feeling that Amigo will be my saviour.

Sh*t, I forgot your Amigo. :( Next time. lol.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I might have found some of this somewhere.... Not for sale yet. :eek:

exo.jpg

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I might have found some of this somewhere.... Not for sale yet. :eek:

exo.jpg

From what ive read this is going to be stupidly fussy for the standard user (must be applied between 20degreesC and 30degreesC) although the beading, sheeting and gloss looks second to non!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not quite that fussy but it's best they tell people that incase it goes wrong. Similarly to not selling C1 to the public. :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not sure how you strip a polish back but strong fairy liquid helps strip everything. Or something like g101 lightly diluted.

Also things like Daisy and Stardrops from Tesco, Asda etc are good Apc's.

RB One Eight Two
Just picked my order up from Auto Finesse, can't wait to try them out. Their Berry air freshener smells amazing aswell, by far the best smelling freshener I have had!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I use C1+/C1.5 on a A4 Avant Sline on Saturday. Looked superb. Topped with C1.5 of course.

It'll be pretty good. Old C1 is definitely better but the combo should hold it's own quite well. :)

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
The application was what always put me off old C1.

Quick question- from what I can see on Rob's video, there is no "buff off" stage to it. Just apply, spread the product, then lightly remove the residue. Correct?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah it's hard to explain without showing. It's way more forgiving than old C1.

I wouldn't be leaving it too long though just incase. :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
think your self lucky that is all you have so far!

I've promised myself not to buy any new product until I NEED or have run out of the same type of product. it's a terrible hobby to get caught up in

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Same :/
Off the top of my head..

9 waxes
7 sealants
5 QD/top ups
7 polishes
2 glazes
2 AIO
3 clays
+ other stuff

Cringe.

Last edited:

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Ha. That's not 'all' I have. There's a DA and another load about as much as that of 'naff' stuff like AG / halfrauds sh*t.

At a rough guess of £10-15 a 'thing' there, that's a worryingly large amount of money !!!

Ah well.

Just been informed by a friend that the pic looks like 'things you'd find in a cross dressing mechanic's handbag'.

Says more about him than me, I think :S

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'm glad I slimmed mine down. Was way too much stuff doing nothing. Always regret selling stuff though. :(

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'm generally quite elceltic. Even though its my car im working on 95% of the time, I always think 'what if I need some of that just incase'.

RB One Eight Two
I totally run out of QD's, polish, shampoo, sealants, glass cleaners, tyre dressings etc.

Feels good that I can start again with a fresh box of Auto Finesse products :)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the AF gear. I've got rid of most of my other stuff and kept with autofinesse and gtechniq, although only recently got hold of zymol but I could still easily sell more

BG 182
Just got myself 90% full tub of glasur, on the lookout for some hd cleanse to complement it now. I shall have a sample in the sales section when it arrives as a full tub will last me years!

I've cut down my collection now and hav pretty much all AF which I love. May get the zaino collection next.
I just want a bulk wheel cleaner - thinking autosmart smart wheels.
And Got a dedicated snow foam - Magifoam

When applying glazes by DA, is it similar to polish?
As in, starting on a slow speed to spread the product initially, then moving to a high speed to "work in" the product, or different?

Also any views on which is better for a budget wax, I've got a pot of AG HD, but just want a rele cheap one too?
Megs #16 (used before), or Colli 476s, or Natty's paste wax, or any other similar priced LSP (sealant possibly?)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
When applying glazes by DA, is it similar to polish?
As in, starting on a slow speed to spread the product initially, then moving to a high speed to "work in" the product, or different?

No mate, just spread the product at the 2 lowest speeds to work it in. Nice and easy, no abrasives to break down either mate.

Get some Z2 if you want a cheap good lsp. 2 layers will last 6 months easily and it'll look stunning. Worth picking up some Z6. Imo the Best QD on the market.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'll take the Zaino clay if you're selling it mate.

I'm with Gally on the Z2/Z6/Z8 bandwagon. I'm new to the range and it's cracking stuff.

Check my thread in media to see Z8 results.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Z16 is a superb clay. Not cheap but the best i've used for a soft clay anyway. I don't use aggressive clays. Bilt Hamber is the best value for money.

RB One Eight Two
Might be a silly question, but after using AF Triple, Rejuvenate then Soul Wax, would you then use Tough coat on top of the wax? Or does this affect the way the wax works?

No mate, just spread the product at the 2 lowest speeds to work it in. Nice and easy, no abrasives to break down either mate.
Get some Z2 if you want a cheap good lsp. 2 layers will last 6 months easily and it'll look stunning. Worth picking up some Z6. Imo the Best QD on the market.

Ah cracking. Cheers for that :)
Z2 sounds good, Do you apply it by hand, or can you do it by machine?
Z3 sounds similar with "a custom blend of emulsifiers" on top, what's the differences, is one better than the other

Yea Christopher I saw your media thread with the Z8, already decided on getting some of that.
My list is growing again grr!

Last edited: