ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Might be a silly question, but after using AF Triple, Rejuvenate then Soul Wax, would you then use Tough coat on top of the wax? Or does this affect the way the wax works?

You used Tripple before rejuvenate mate?

Ah cracking. Cheers for that :)
Z2 sounds good, Do you apply it by hand, or can you do it by machine?
Z3 sounds similar with "a custom blend of emulsifiers" on top, what's the differences, is one better than the other

Yea Christopher I saw your media thread with the Z8, already decided on getting some of that.
My list is growing again grr!

Z2 is the one you want Z3 is for cars with no clearcoat. Older finishes mostly. Z5 is good on dark colours but very similar to Z2 tbf.

RB One Eight Two
Sorry my bad, I meant to put Rejuvenate then Tripple. Once Soul is applied, is it okay to apply Tough Coat?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Sorry my bad, I meant to put Rejuvenate then Tripple. Once Soul is applied, is it okay to apply Tough Coat?

I wouldn't recommend it but you can give it a go, tough coat does.contain a little carnuba I believe so may work. It is always best to use a sealant then top with a wax if you want to use both, but most will use one or the other. AF waxes sit well and look good over tough coat. The problems come with the sealant not bonding very well to waxes, but waxes aren't to bad at bonding to a sealant, albeit not quite as well as o.to bare cleansed paint

Using tripple and rejuvenate is a little unnecessary unless the paint is in need if a good clean up

RB One Eight Two
I wouldn't recommend it but you can give it a go, tough coat does.contain a little carnuba I believe so may work. It is always best to use a sealant then top with a wax if you want to use both, but most will use one or the other. AF waxes sit well and look good over tough coat. The problems come with the sealant not bonding very well to waxes, but waxes aren't to bad at bonding to a sealant, albeit not quite as well as o.to bare cleansed paint

Using tripple and rejuvenate is a little unnecessary unless the paint is in need if a good clean up

Cheers mate. I only gave it a go on the bonnet last night, seemed to come up very well. I will use Tough coat underneath the wax for the rest of the car when i get some time to do it. All in all, I'm very impressed with AF so far.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
You can if you want, but it's not likely to bond to a wax very well I would of thought, and depending on the product used, it may also clean or strip whatever you put it over. but then if you don't seal in your glaze what's going to stop it from being washed away.

It's always best to start from the beginning, clean, glaze, seal. Done

I want a good QD, something I can use to just wipe the car down after work, only light dust/road film, wouldn't be doing it after a weeks worth of rain.

What do people recommend?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
#6 is a part protectant product though.

Z6 is still the best pure QD i've tried. LT I thought was a little cheap and didn't really add anything to the finish.

A lot of megs products are poor because of the chemical restrictions in America.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
#6 is a part protectant product though.

Z6 is still the best pure QD i've tried. LT I thought was a little cheap and didn't really add anything to the finish.
Yeah of course, quite minimal though really.

Think I'll have to gets some Z6 as wipe down for I between layers etc.

Inferno 225 cup
Just received my wolfs body wrap and Christ the bottle is small and didn't think it would be a thin liquid,

Just hope it goes a long way.

e92 330i
Bought some sonus carnauba spritz, not bad so ive gone for werkstat carnauba glos to compare.

Also tempted to replace my AG HD with something else. But is it worth moving to carbon or af passion over the hd wax?

Inferno 225 cup
A tricky one.

I know a fair bit but stuck on this....il be fully decontaminating my car ie;

Snowfoam, washing, drying, iron-x, tarred and clayed then repeating 12&3 again, machine Polishing using a combination of products to remove swirling, blemishes & RDS, then I'm going to use wolfs shine and seal which can remove light swirls etc etc but does leave some protection, but here's were I'm ( stuck scratching my head in what to follows up with) do I use a glaze before I use wolfs body wrap?? Followed by a wax then qd or do I skip the glaze.

Any suggestion??

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
A tricky one.

I know a fair bit but stuck on this....il be fully decontaminating my car ie;

Snowfoam, washing, drying, iron-x, tarred and clayed then repeating 12&3 again, machine Polishing using a combination of products to remove swirling, blemishes & RDS, then I'm going to use wolfs shine and seal which can remove light swirls etc etc but does leave some protection, but here's were I'm ( stuck scratching my head in what to follows up with) do I use a glaze before I use wolfs body wrap?? Followed by a wax then qd or do I skip the glaze.

Any suggestion??

Skip the glaze, it needs to bond to the paint and the glaze will impede the bonding.

No need for wax after either as its rather pointless, as for QD id recommend wolfs nano QD as it helps keep the sealant strongest and keeps gloss up.

Ive put 3 layers on my silver dynamique now and the clarity is amazing.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Perfect mate. Z2 and Amigo is probably my most used combo.

I need more Z2!

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
Perfect mate. Z2 and Amigo is probably my most used combo.

I need more Z2!

I sometimes wish i went down the Amigo Z2/6/8 route instead of Body wrap now. Ahh well, ill give it a few months and probably strip it all back.

Is machine polishing the only way to get rid of nano sealants?

I've got Britemax Blackmax as a glaze, got it before everyone started raving about Amigo!
Then Zaino Z2 will be going on top of that.

Doing my cousin's type R saturday, full decon and polish/glaze/seal, looking forward to it. First time I really be able to put my DA into proper use.
Just hope its not too hot!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh I seem to know the right people. I have a full pot of this on the way to me to try out :eek:

bouncers22-lg.jpg

LT I thought was a little cheap and didn't really add anything to the finish.

Agreed but I don't usually want anything from a QD apart from something that lubricates dust/oils/fingerprints off the surface.

not bad so ive gone for werkstat carnauba glos to compare

A poor product at best. Stick with the Sonus.

I sometimes wish i went down the Amigo Z2/6/8 route instead of Body wrap now. Ahh well, ill give it a few months and probably strip it all back.

Is machine polishing the only way to get rid of nano sealants?

I've found they can be depleted by a strong APC ratio in snow foam. Worth a try, say G101 4:1 or 2:1.

Oh I seem to know the right people. I have a full pot of this on the way to me to try out :eek:

bouncers22-lg.jpg

I've heard you're bringing it to MK in the Summer?

;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
For you darling of course! I'm still waiting on that SV brush since CSS last year ffs! :eek: