ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Golf GT & A4 Avant
iron x spray and soap gel
flexipad and DDJ sheepskin mits
CG's cherry, apple and new car smell air freshener sprays.

all ordered from CYC last night with next day delivery, so I would hope for processing today and delivery tomorrow. does that sound reasonable or expecting too much? Previously found the processing of CYC orders to be quite unpredictable.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Didn't I read a write-up recently that didn't really rate the Iron X spray and soap gel? Didn't negate the need for using Iron X separately afterwards anyway.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Russ (MCC) used the snow foam iron x and needed the spray afterwards. But I had a small bottle of the soap gel that you apply via sponge and works quite well on well sealed cars, still prefer the spray for heavily contaminated details but for my own cars and intermediate strip backs and sealing again the soap gel is fine and works out a little more efficient.

the soap gel isn't quite as fast acting or seem as strong as the spray but it doesn't really dry out and can be left a lot longer. you also use a lot less than the spray so find it handy to have both unless you bulk buy the 4l container of the spray

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Bilberry
DD Wookie wash mit
4x ValetPro brushes
DD Born To Be Mild shampoo
Tardis

Collected it all from Shinearama yesterday for a healthy cash discount. :eek:

BMW E46 330i Touring
Probably a stupidly obvious question, but is it worth getting a wheel cleaner like Bilberry instead of using generic shampoo, even if my wheels are pretty mint?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Sorry mate, meant plain old car shampoo (AF Lather) which I just use to clean the wheels at the moment. Is it worth getting a specific wheel cleaner and, if so, which one?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
No mate. Wheels cleaners are obviously quite harsh for cleaning.

BMW E46 330i Touring
Not sealed I don't think mate, I picked the car up a few weeks ago and whilst it's obviously been cared for, I doubt the previous owner went to those lengths.

Plan is a good clean and decontamination and then probably just a few layers of Werkstat Acrylic as that's what I have in abundance!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Buy a wheel cleaner then mate. Few good ones out there. Autosmart trader local?

I think Autobrite Brite Gel is still one of the best safe cleaners out there. With the right brushes.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
have DPD changed there time allocation system?

I had an email to say they will email again today confirming my hourly slot, got it today and it says 8am to 6pm. I guess I shouldnt complain that it is actually next day.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
My Auto Finesse Revive arrived today, it has a strange smell to it. Very similar to motor oil?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
DPD fail once again!

Had it sent to my wifes work address which receive many deliveries each day, including from DPD, and the driver was 'unable to locate address'. updated after 6pm and can't call customer services till tomorrow

Red
Some goodies from Bouncer's. Sealant and Sherbet Fizz.

Just want some weather to clean my f**king car!!!

Really want a machine though!

No more guessing at paint thickness! :)

Got one of these in the group buy on Detailing World.

394737_254181824696794_1247440150_n.jpg

my Dad's car as a fathers day thing, even then it was only an enhancement via DA, I'd be doing something seriously wrong to burn through!

I've set up the business as a way of doing a bit of detailing alongside my degree, I haven't been and wont be guessing at paint depths. :eek:

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's not really about burning through chap. It's about removal, old repairs.

Being aware of what you're leaving behind paint depth wise for future polishing.

You have one now though.

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Some Bilberry wheel cleaner, Poorboys wheel sealant and a few brushes, applicator pads and microfibre cloths.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered a green hex pad, megs 105, megs tyre gel and an applicator.

See how I get on with me swirls with this combo.

Megane R26
my Dad's car as a fathers day thing, even then it was only an enhancement via DA, I'd be doing something seriously wrong to burn through!

I've set up the business as a way of doing a bit of detailing alongside my degree, I haven't been and wont be guessing at paint depths. :eek:

So when you were 'picking my brain' for your degree, you were in fact intent on setting up a business the entire time... Nice.

So when you were 'picking my brain' for your degree, you were in fact intent on setting up a business the entire time... Nice.

I wrote a 4000 word business plan for my degree, in a New Venture module, which is what I asked help for and I appreciated it.

If you look back at the PM you ignored I said that if it was viable I would be going through the procedures, which it is considering the time I have available over the summer to work on it.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
FLOL! How to make friends and influence people. You need teaching, clearly. Me and you both know he has a point.

I don't need to please anyone.

I don't need to please anyone either and I told him my full intentions over PM, so I dont think he has a valid point.

I wasn't sly and I was asking things like what type of insurance he has, which needed covering in my plan.

LOL at needing to be taught how to make friends, I have loads on Facebook, does that count? ;)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yes definitely. lots of Facebook friends always = successful business.

Anyway it's a bit of brass necked to ask Russ questions unless you told him you were going to open your own business. Which is not a million miles from Russ.