ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Clio 182, Astra Sri
Just got a lovely delivery from polished bliss :D

cd21f5b9.jpg

Autofinesse: waxmate, mercury, glide, tough prep, satin, tripple, hide, finale, spritz, imperial concentrate.

Raceglaze leather brush

6x meguiars form applicators

And a vikan multi purpose brush for wheels

Yay, can't wait to get a photo up of the full autofinesse collection so far :D

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Same Dave. I have a right up coming up that shows Rejuvenate cleaning power by hand but tough prep sounds very very good.

Not that I need more cleansers ffs!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Rejuvenate just seems a pretty good and safe alround product that is easy to use via machine or hand. admittedly it didn't leave quite the finish that HD cleanse did but not far behind. I'm a little lost with tough prep as it still seems to fill from pictures on DW, I can't imagine they're really that different TBH

I decided to use Rejuvenate as a base for Glasur and Concours at the weekend to see how they bond

Just placed an order for:

Amigo
Poorboys Bug Squash/tar
Megs Foam Applicators
Z2
Z6
Z8
Wash Mitt
Bilberry
Bilt Hamber clay
Poorboys wheel sealant
Gtechniq shampoo
Meg Endurance

A few other bits too. So much for £100 budget.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I will do:

Rinse > Wash > Clay > Wash > Amigo > Z2 > Z6 > Z2 > Z8

That'll be the first proper clean it's ever had. What are the steps I take at maintaining it?

Rinse > Wash > ?

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh you need to dry the car before using Z8 during maintenance. :)

Mini JCW
Currently have RaceGlaze 55, but seriously considering a pot of RaceGlaze Black Label for the next car - especially if the beading and flake 'pop' can better 55's :

6282739226_bd26a86267_b.jpg

DSC_0158 by DEAF N1NJA, on Flickr

Also I need a new Foam Lance as I think the gauze in mine's clogged and I can't strip it apart to service is

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I don't see B;L worth the money in that range. Just doesn't seem to hit that boutique spot for me.

Mini JCW
I don't see B;L worth the money in that range. Just doesn't seem to hit that boutique spot for me.

Interesting that - what would you prefer in that price bracket?

I see that, just as sealants replaced wax as the current 'must have' LSP, now ceramic / quartz coatings have replaced sealants - and yet neither appeal to me at all.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh no if you want a wax buy a wax I just feel there are more boutique waxes out there. Zymol for eg.

Mini JCW
SW range has never appealed to me tbh -Certain Zymol waxes are worthy of a look.

Just applied 2 coats of Valentines Concours wax - it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the 55 in terms of beading and durability.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
SW range has never appealed to me tbh -Certain Zymol waxes are worthy of a look.

Just applied 2 coats of Valentines Concours wax - it'll be interesting to see how it compares to the 55 in terms of beading and durability.

Vics won't compare to RG55 imo.

Bought some things yesterday morning at 8:15am from CYC which I need for Sunday. I paid for the Royal Mail 48 hour delivery service.

Rung up today at 5pm because it was still processing on the website to ask why.

The lady said it won't arrive until Monday, but didn't seem to understand my plea that if it was sent out yesterday, 48 hours would mean an arrival on Saturday at the latest, ideally Friday.

I ended up paying an extra 2 quid for their next day delivery service, but considering the problems other people have had with CYC delivery, am I unreasonable to expect £50's worth of products to be sent out the same day or earlier the next?

The reason I didn't order sooner was because their login wouldn't work for me and I know £2 is nothing, but it's the principal really.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Lol, it's not there delivery that's at fault, they just can't seem to process the orders within a day. I always order the night before I would like or expect it to be processed. 50% of orders end up taking 2days to process.

Compare that to i4d who'll process an order in a couple of hours it really stands out

Mini JCW
Vics won't compare to RG55 imo.

No, Valetines Concours, not Vics Concours - it seems to have gotten favourable feedback on DW too.

Witnessed the beading tonight after a brief shower - even tighter / more uniform beading than RG 55!

BMW E46 330i Touring
Aye, they've been pretty slow at processing orders for quite some time now unfortunately. I never found it a massive issue as I tend to stock up once in a while with no urgency but, in such a competitive market, it's noticeable when other companies are so much quicker at getting orders with the courier.

Lol, it's not there delivery that's at fault, they just can't seem to process the orders within a day. I always order the night before I would like or expect it to be processed. 50% of orders end up taking 2days to process.

Compare that to i4d who'll process an order in a couple of hours it really stands out

Aye, they've been pretty slow at processing orders for quite some time now unfortunately. I never found it a massive issue as I tend to stock up once in a while with no urgency but, in such a competitive market, it's noticeable when other companies are so much quicker at getting orders with the courier.

It's the first time I have experienced a bad service with them, it's usually good, but it's worrying that the quality of service obviously fluctuates with demand, to the point where I have had to pay extra for service I might get for cheaper at a quieter time of the week.

Do you have a car in on Sunday?

Surely for business terms it would of been better to just pay the £2 to make sure you had it on time.

Yea, but with the weather it's not looking sensible.

I did think about that and yes I probably should have in the first place, but my question was am I being unreasonable expecting to receive it when ordered mid-week on a 48 hour delivery rate?

On the opposite end of the scale, I suppose it's bad business to pay unnecessarily for quicker delivery when it should arrive well within the safe time frame if they sent out the same day.

Fair enough.

But surely it must of been something you need to do the detail, so by missing out the product are you not stuck on what process you can now offer the client and therefore lose more than £2.

I would of paid just for peace of mind tbh. Although granted I'm never in a rush for products.

Well if it was for something like Tardis, shampoo etc. then I wouldnt risk it, but it was for a few pads, bottles, a spray head for Bilberry bottle and AF Tough Coat which I was going to use as it's a silver car and I've wanted to try it for a while.

None of it was urgent enough to affect the detail, but it was stuff that was for the detail, if that makes sense!

This. Last time I got fed up and emailed them and I got "The combination of good weather and the long weekend ahead as led to a busier than usual time" reason.
Although its not been an isolated case. Quite frustrating really.

It's a shame really, because I think apart from delivery issues, CYC are great for prices and they are very polite to speak to.

They don't seem to have any more than 2 members of staff though, which probably limits how much they can increase capacity on days like you mention.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I must say I4D impress me more and more everytime I use them. Been quick I long time since I used CYC. They kinda ruined it for themselves.

GTD, Lupo
After reading one or two threads here i have ordered.

G|techniq G1/G2 and G5
G|techniq C1.5
10x MFs

Only a small shop but i have never used any products on my windows apart from Megs glass cleaner so it will be interesting to see how things go.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
allmy shopping is done through Shinearama nowadays had nothing but brilliant service from them as well.

Shine are superb. Great range of products. Easily the best range on the market.

Ordered from CleanYourCar & EliteCarCare yesterday afternoon, both just arrived via DPD. Impressed.

d6d944e6.jpg

CS, thanks for your help lads :)

Mini JCW
Picked up.a Stanley tote bag earlier - been meaning to get one for months! I really need to save for the Z4/R26 now though.

KTM 990 SD / S60 D5
Just started valeting/detailing full time,so I have ordered lots and lots,but what I am most looking forward to receiving is the Metro vac air force blaster.