ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Ordered from CleanYourCar & EliteCarCare yesterday afternoon, both just arrived via DPD. Impressed.

d6d944e6.jpg

CS, thanks for your help lads :)

Awesome selection. Pretty much what I got before mine was delivered.

How did you find it all?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Further to gally's point and re topping it with c1.5. It was ground upon for someone to top c1 with a good performing wax, now.you have yo use c1.5 for water.behaviour, and everyone seems fine with that. Well in that case why not just get Ag lifeshine applied then you just top it up with wax or sealant when necessary.

Interesting information from Kev and Dave. I think I'll just get some C4/C5 at shinearama this weekend.

Thanks for clarifying a few things about the products that I had always thought.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
ew folk have it but it's not cheap. It's probably the rarest product now. I could get some if I really wanted but i'll probably opt for Cquartz on the TT as a base.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You seem to have some experience with the nanolex range Keg, what's there Professional sealant like

I think Cquartz has the edge in that department. Their Ultra glass sealant is awesome and their sealant works well on wheels but I think there is better for paint hard/thickness wise anyway. I think the newest range is Ultra anyway. I'll have their glass sealant on the TT instead of G1. Says a lot for it.

I'd imagine it could end up going like the Dodo glass jars if it's not in production anymore!

Sort of. There's a lot of politics that I won't go into.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I just wouldn't mate. It's certainly rare now and won't be made again so to speak.

I have the use of a few bottles if need be but i'll opt for Cquartz next I think.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol. There isn't, yet that can be used on car paint anyway. You can say it is anything who can stop you? The word is correct but it's used in the wrong way. It is "Super Hydrophobic" but it's not "Superhydrophobic"

I love Chemical Guys marketing. They in by far my favourite!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
All bullshitting mate. The Lotus effect is basic. Detailing industry is 95% bullshit. I'm lucky to have seen through a lot of it and actually met the genuine people at the other side.

I'd hate to be a newbie because it's mental!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Indeed. No wonder people end up with so many products! Me included! I need more space!!!

I slimmed it down ages ago and now it's massive again!

Same here!

The problem is the amount of products that are released without any call for it within the market. Every company has their own version of everything, most of which don't any particular USP over others.

People like us then go and buy them to test and compare to other products (because you can't really take anyone's opinion on products - what works for them might not work for you).

That's where they make the money!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
This site is a lot more honest than DW or should I say it's less bullshitting.

All bullshitting mate. The Lotus effect is basic. Detailing industry is 95% bullshit. I'm lucky to have seen through a lot of it and actually met the genuine people at the other side.

I'd hate to be a newbie because it's mental!

Amen brudder.

Also, lol at Dave's new nickname for you. Although its technically incorrect.

Same here!

The problem is the amount of products that are released without any call for it within the market. Every company has their own version of everything, most of which don't any particular USP over others.

People like us then go and buy them to test and compare to other products (because you can't really take anyone's opinion on products - what works for them might not work for you).

That's where they make the money!

This is why detailing days and master courses are so immeasurably important.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's the best way to do it!

Trying things out yourself costs far too much...

Indeed it does but it branches knowledge. Also research everything. I've spent a month researching 1 glaze before or 2 months before I bought my first pot of Glasur. Why spend the money on something that isn't going to enhance your arsenal unless you're testing it.

I'm lucky that I get to test hundreds of products, some are poor or cheap and some are cheap and very good. Eventually you cut through the bullshit but hey marketing is the same all over the world, the detailing industry is a tad unique though. It has no governing body so to speak.

I know full well the products I've purchased recently aren't necessary, but detailing is like a drug lol

There is no harm in it though. Go try taking up photography, see how much that costs. A really tidy car is always worth a few quid more and it's satisfying.

See my above post.

Amen brudder.

Also, lol at Dave's new nickname for you. Although its technically incorrect.

I kinda like it! :eek:

Golf GT & A4 Avant
That kinda somes up my day so far! If this is what it does to me after 1 day of trying to go through being chartered im clearly not cut out for it!

Watch out, i might just come up with another variant of billy

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I miss Bwab!

JWD's recent work... http://www.whitedetails.co.uk/index.php?id=200

Workmanship second to none.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Flol @ Keg!

Don't think you can just ome into this section and then leave again! Fffffssnake!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I'll text you and let you know what I think of being German.