ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
52848886-d2e2-f646.jpg
This arrived today to attack the BMW paint. Came to less than £10 delivered too which is a bonus!

Clio 182, Astra Sri
52848886-d2e2-f646.jpg
This arrived today to attack the BMW paint. Came to less than £10 delivered too which is a bonus!

Where from?

Ordered af total, af hide cobditioner abd some gtechniq i1 (500ml) from ultimate finish yesterday afternoon

Arrived today, brilliant service, all bottles were very well bubble wrapped too!

Definitely use them again, I was going to thank them on DW but they haven't got a traders section :s

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Just checked my receipt, £10.56 too.

No idea where I got it into my head that it was less than £10 :s

Still a decent price though!

1 x Autosmart Tardis - Tar & Glue Remover - 5 litres
1 x Zaino Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
1 x
CarPro IronX - Highly Effective Cleaner - 500ml ECO Refill
1 x
Gtechniq C6 Matte Dash 100ml
1 x
Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric - Ultimate Protection for Fabrics 500ml
1 x
Gtechniq L1 Advanced Leather Guard 100ml Spray
1 x
Elite Pro Wheel & Detail Brush

Got this in my basket - any better products for the same money? (is chemical guys fabric guard protectant as good as I1? and can I use either/both on the alcantara on the clio seats?)
Better QD? I'm using AF tough coat as a sealant.

1 x Autosmart Tardis - Tar & Glue Remover - 5 litres
1 x Zaino Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
1 x
CarPro IronX - Highly Effective Cleaner - 500ml ECO Refill
1 x
Gtechniq C6 Matte Dash 100ml
1 x
Gtechniq I1 Smart Fabric - Ultimate Protection for Fabrics 500ml
1 x
Gtechniq L1 Advanced Leather Guard 100ml Spray
1 x
Elite Pro Wheel & Detail Brush

Got this in my basket - any better products for the same money? (is chemical guys fabric guard protectant as good as I1? and can I use either/both on the alcantara on the clio seats?)
Better QD? I'm using AF tough coat as a sealant.

You can use I1 on Alcantara and it's a great sealant but you need to be quite strict on coverage otherwise you will miss patches, rub it into the fibres a cloth.

I don't rate Z6 tbh, if it was Zaino I'd go with Z8 because Z6 didn't seem to add anything for me.

Nice purchase otherwise mate!

Not a 320d
Z6 is probably one of the best detailing sprays ive ever used. It doesnt add anything in terms of protection (I dont think) but it was just so.... perfect. Z8 is also amazing though, suprising durability from a spray on/wipe off product.

Prefer carnuba spritz though.

Chappers -

Was just ebay. Im always short of spray bottles. So I decided to make sure I had no issues anymore.

Ive had Tardis for about 3-4 years now and just run out.

Not a 320d
Fair enough!

I've nearly gone through a bottle of Z6 now and I just haven't got on with it, it didn't add any gloss and the way it smears frustrates me!

Really?! DEFO shouldnt smear. It was just bliss to use for me.

Try carnuba sprit if youre using a wax, Z8 if youre using a wax or sealant.

You can use I1 on Alcantara and it's a great sealant but you need to be quite strict on coverage otherwise you will miss patches, rub it into the fibres a cloth.

I don't rate Z6 tbh, if it was Zaino I'd go with Z8 because Z6 didn't seem to add anything for me.

Nice purchase otherwise mate!

Ok great thanks.
Hmm that's interesting - never tried it (or any other QD before) - just wanted something for after each time I wash the car. Didn't think about Z8 because that's a sealant in it's own right isn't it and will change the characteristics of the AF tough coat.
Think I've added some Gtechniq W2 now too lol - again I assume I can use this on the alcatara?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Non agreed is pretty poor English Keg, even for a southerner like me to understand...

AF oblitarate
AF spritz
AF hide leather cleaner
CG stripper scent
couple of random MFs and applicators

Fair enough!

I've nearly gone through a bottle of Z6 now and I just haven't got on with it, it didn't add any gloss and the way it smears frustrates me!

Come on mate you run a business doing this sort of thing.

Z6 is brilliant and is very very easy to apply. You are either not using it right, over applying, not wiping down correctly or just opening the bottle pouring it on and leaving it.

Fiesta ST200
I've had a change in occupation to being a valeter in the past couple of months, hopefully getting the training to call myself a detailer, even though that's what my company have labelled me already.

Anyway, I find Z6 a doddle to use! Hardly need to use any, it's great! It also gives a nice gloss to the paint.

Z8 is just as good, if not better! Even if it is fractionally harder to get right.

The Zaino range on the whole was partly designed for ease of use, am I right?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The only complaint I have ever ever heard of the Zaino system is Turner after he left Z2 on a panel in a million degress heat for 8 then said it was tricky to remove! :eek:

Possible exaggeration used!

The poor Engerland Davie boy was deliberate to show my exasperation at the comment!

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I know Kev, was just being a bit cheeky after an early beer.

Z6 & Z8 is on the wish list for when I next need more QD

Dan, providing you get the application right and clean up or renew its fantastic.

I love the fact that Keg has stuck.

I have a spare weekend coming up. I'm going to go mad.

Amigo
Tardis
G101
Glasur
Wheel woolies
C4

Not a 320d
Just ordered the Gtechniq glass sealant kit as it's finally in stock.

If I'm impressed then I'll probably go for the C1+ sealant too :)

Depends how much you like detailing!

Id sooner be going with the new wolf's chemicals hard body or whatever it is to minimise wash marring/swirls. Then topping it with a wax a week or 2 later and just topping that up.

I found body wrap to be complete dog s**t, but a perfect base for wax.

Used C1.5+ the other day on my ex's X5. Looked good enough but we shall see about the water behaviour. Didnt prep properly, just wiped down with erazer then applied.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Unless regularly topped up I didn't find it to resist tar and road debris for all that long, but the initial water behaviour and clarity were very good. I can see that when over C1 or another nano type sealant the combination would be great. But on its own on bare paint I'd stick with C2

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered the Gtechniq glass sealant kit as it's finally in stock.

If I'm impressed then I'll probably go for the C1+ sealant too :)

I wouldn't bother with C1+ mate. Although saying that, as a base it's a great product, it's solid and durable but it needs topped with something decent for water behaviour and sheeting. Even a wax! C1.5 isn't it imo.

Toby you can take your hard body and waffle! ;)

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I wouldn't bother with C1+ mate. Although saying that, as a base it's a great product, it's solid and durable but it needs topped with something decent for water behaviour and sheeting. Even a wax! C1.5 isn't it imo.

Toby you can take your hard body and waffle! ;)

I think a lot of people are going to come round to that way of thinking. The durability and dirt resistance of a nano base topped with a rich glossy finish of BOS, Glasur, even vics concourse. Still though many people seem to be resisting wax over nano sealant

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I think a lot of people are going to come round to that way of thinking. The durability and dirt resistance of a nano base topped with a rich glossy finish of BOS, Glasur, even vics concourse. Still though many people seem to be resisting wax over nano sealant

I did also but that's because it was original C1 and it was awesome.

No matter what GT say C1+ couldn't hold a candle to C1.

Dan it's a toughy mate. It's not as easy to apply as you might think. You are quite competent with detailing though.

It's not a bad kit. If you could C1+ on it's own and buy something nice to top it I certainly would.

Infact i'm in a similar position. I will have a ceramic base on any future car including the TT (Cquartz probably). I would say it's a must.

Just before the Frp left I went over it with the sun gun and in 8 months of washing it had minimal if any extra swirling from the correction in July+November.

Now 50%+ of this might be from good washing techniques but you still have to touch the paint, drying etc. Original C1 more than minimised the risk of wash induced marring.

Just food for thought. No doubt you probably already know that. :eek:

Ceramic sealants are king but doesn't mean you can't mix them with the old school products.

The only thing that plays on my mind is the self cleaning properties of these products. They genuinely work and topping them with waxes actually reduce this. More so in the winter really tbf.

Zaino is one of the old school products that still keeps up self cleaning properties.

Original C1...

577063b3-9771-06d4.jpg

Mini JCW
Gotta say, i'm looking forward to a none silver car - although after owning 2 black cars, along with all their frustrations, they do look great when well maintained.

The depth of the paint isn't 'too' bad for silver I guess :

Last edited:

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Urgh. I hate washing the car when I'm not in the mood. I've just washed 5 weeks of sand and motorways off, kinda.

Retired for a beer now although it really needs some LSP top up.

Come on mate you run a business doing this sort of thing.

Z6 is brilliant and is very very easy to apply. You are either not using it right, over applying, not wiping down correctly or just opening the bottle pouring it on and leaving it.

lol, I'm not too sure why that's relevant...

I'm using it correctly, I just don't think it adds that much to the finish.

That's my opinion, take it how you wish. ;)

Not a 320d
I love the fact that Keg has stuck.

I have a spare weekend coming up. I'm going to go mad.

Amigo
Tardis
G101
Glasur
Wheel woolies
C4

Ive another pot of glasur on order. this will be my 3rd i think.

also 6 german applicators cause I always run out.