ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What have you ordered? *Detailing*

My desk looks like Christmas morning.

Oh and Dave, the reason I've always said buy the 5l Tardis just happened. My desk stinks of it. It's not leaking, but the smell is a definite reason not to buy cheap plastic ebay bottles.

Forgot to whack up my bargains from Waxstock.

5L of AF Citrus Power £30
5L of Bilberry £15
G1 (Again, and they were sold out of 100ml at £30 ffs..) £8
GTechniq Merino Wash Mitt £7

and some Freebies:

AF Crystal (500ml)
AF Finale (500ml)
2 AF air fresheners
a small pot of Angel Wax
4 Ltd. Edition Angel Wax waxes in a raffle
megs applicators
Mitchell & King Shampoo, Plane Sealant and Glass cleaner as well as a trial of the glitter wax.

/Freeloader :eek:

Pearl Black 172
I know its wrong but started to plan the winter seal up.
Always used colli476 over winter, anything new worth trying or stick with the colli?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Anyone use any of the wolf's chemicals gear?

Personally i'm not a fan. They just didn't seem to bring anything unique to the table so to speak. Their own nano sealants weren't quite " nano" enough to work. Ie I could outlast Bodywrap with some Z2. Infact BOS/Z2 combo on my Boss' 997 has lasted longer.

Was the glitter wax a sample mate? Very nice chaps at M&K.

Nope, I spoke to two guys from Ultimate Shine (up your way) throughout the day and they have been experimenting with a special blend of it.

They offered to stick some on the Clio, curiosity took over. :)

-J- on DW (Owner of M&K) PM'd me as well asking my thoughts, apparently the main reason why it's not been done before is because glitter is abrasive lol, which isn't great!

The M&K glitter isn't though.

GTD, Lupo
Im in real need of some new buckets, preferably with grit guards. I really like the stickered ones like the DODO juice. Anyone know anywhere with a good deal on at the moment?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You bought a pot of it mate? £75 one? I fancy some with mine being Silver.

Yeah none abrasive glitter JD, don't ask me!

AutoFinesse Gorms.

Chapppers, how they can put flakes of glitter in the wax, but not make it scratch? I know what written word is like on forums, so this is a genuinely interested question (I did Chemistry to quite a high level, so intrigued).

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I know this is going to sound really gay, but how long will fk1000p last on my suspension struts as appose to collinite 915 marine wax ?

Both will get a hammering from road s**t I know

Not at all Raz. Search for my Audi suspension/arches thread. I used FK1000p on them in September and they're still going strong. Cleanest arches in Clapham, y0.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Haha Cheers JD , I'll have a browse now thanks :)

Only reason I'm waxing the suspension is due to the state the last lot came off, covered in rust.

Im a bit OCD with no rust anywhere

Golf GT & A4 Avant
Hang on Gorms, the price doesn't look right. 22.95 down to 22.95? I'd email them.

trouble with price from the supplier end I believe as I think the price has gone up a fraction since first release. Best to call / email as they may do a deal with additional non sticker set buckets I heard

IMG_1490.jpg

Definitely looks good on an immaculate car, but when it gets dirty, the glitter starts to look like dirt.

Awesome show wax, not good for real life.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
hard to really tell from a photo, but do you think it would really stand out on a metallic colour rather than flat?

what was it like to apply

hard to really tell from a photo, but do you think it would really stand out on a metallic colour rather than flat?

what was it like to apply

No, I don't think it would tbh, it's like adding flake to a flat colour, but it's more obvious in a way.

Went on nicely, not as buttery as some and didn't spread as easily, but it buffed off very nice.

When I buffed it off I thought I might rub some of the glitter off, but even after a wipe down last night with AF Finale (pictured) it hadn't budged.

Nice one James, let us know how you find it!

Bumder With A Buffer
This....Well didn't order it did some swapsies (Silver ones are worth double IIRC??)

4f7b410a-48b0-c803.jpg

Came complete with Girls handwriting on the package. ;) ;)

Flol, fark arf. I've just ordered more C4 in addition to your parcel as realised I want to do most of the engine bay as well. Thought I might as well order some more applicators as well as guessing you've none left after the Rav4? ;)

Bumder With A Buffer
No none left. I used 12-13 applicators in the end I think! Mental.

Your surprise went out today so should be there Monday, might be something extra in there too :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Note to one self, do not apply c4 to parts of the turbo system LOL. Iv gave one of the plastic pipes near the turbo a c4 coating and now it's gone white, managed to get most off with some white spirits