ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What is this item in the engine bay? (pic enclosed).

Toady I was fitting a new battery and checking my bulbs etc, and noticed an item rattleing around my engine bay near to the aux belt. Its quite heavy and only seems attached by a bolt with is loose.

Its a heavy black square thing that dosnt seem to be serving any purpose except a bolt through the middle of it into the car.

dsc03038s.jpg

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
Aircon pipe.

Need a better pic if you're talking about the part behind it..

The square block im meaning isnt shown in that pic (its the area where I have draw, but its deeper inside). I will get a pic of my actual car if it makes identifying it easier.

Arctic Blue FF 182
I could be wrong as I'm not 100% sure if the sports have them, but it could be the carbon canister?

Is it similar to this maybe?
u_clio_ccannister_fj38628.jpg.jpg

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
No, i know which part you mean, its like a block thats right underneath the engine mount, think its to do with weight balancing of the car :s or something like that, but some people have removed it,

this:
cb725c9f.jpg

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
No, i know which part you mean, its like a block thats right underneath the engine mount, think its to do with weight balancing of the car :s or something like that, but some people have removed it,

this:
cb725c9f.jpg
Think you're right mate.

Yep, thats it!

I think i'll remove it too, its stupidly close to the belt and way too loose for my liking.