ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what % of your monthly income do you spend on your Cliosport..?

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
zero.

only cost is tax and insurance so under £600 on that lot a year.

fuel is just given.

+1

Also trackdays, collection of wheels & tyres lalala :eek:
Cars are cheap women & houses are expensive;)

Artic Blime 182
Well i hope to come Down to about 35% as soon as this dec arrives plus I'm due a payrise asap LOL.. My current 50-60% is on fuel £150-200, loan £150 and ins £250!!!!!!

I would love to be in the ppls shoes of 10% LOL but I spose that comes with age lol!! Don't know how u guys above 70% survive!! :(

Mine is £214 finance, £110 insurance, fuel £200+ then i will spend as much as i can on it making it shiny! lol :rasp: but that is about 50% but i take it to 60-70% with stuff i dont need lol. :dapprove:

OLR

Ph1 172 and Red 197
Not a lot 5-10% on the RON98+

Every thing else is 1 off, intrest FTFL y0

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
£10 a year on cliosport membership.. does that count.

otherwise nothing.

on my car 15% ish on average

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Cant beleive the amount people spend on insurance.

I wouldnt buy a 182 until my insurance dropped below £1000. So when i turned 21 it came to £957...so i got an st170 and then a 182.

Its now £525 per year yet p4ers is paying £250 a month....to me that is absolutely mental and i can think of far better ways to spend money. Its his money but imo its an utter waste.

My loan is £150 a month although im due to qualify soon at which point i plan to get saving to clear my loan so my only monthly cost will be petrol of which i wont use much as i will have a works van. Happy days tbh.

fiesta 1.25
Mine is £214 finance, £110 insurance, fuel £200+ then i will spend as much as i can on it making it shiny! lol :rasp: but that is about 50% but i take it to 60-70% with stuff i dont need lol. :dapprove:

£324 a month before you even drive it?are you mad?

£85 insurance
£100-£150 Petrol

Volvo S60 T5
£30 odd a month.

Insurance nil, roadtax £210 a year and £15 a month fuel as I hardly use it.
But somehow it still manages to get dents and marks on it GGRRR!!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
when i bought my 172 at 18 i was paying £170 a month to my loan, £260 a month insurance then £250 a month fuel £680 a month just to run it, i was making £800 a month at the time leaving me with £120 a month lol. cant beleive i done it now looking back but still would do it if i had to go back!!

now im £600 a year insurance, £100 a month in fuel the rest on mods
im £250 a year insurance on the dci 100 and £30 a month on fuel! £70 less in fuel but yet i do all my miles in it lol

Italian 3.2 V6
Cant beleive the amount people spend on insurance.

I wouldnt buy a 182 until my insurance dropped below £1000. So when i turned 21 it came to £957...so i got an st170 and then a 182.

Its now £525 per year yet p4ers is paying £250 a month....to me that is absolutely mental and i can think of far better ways to spend money. Its his money but imo its an utter waste.

My loan is £150 a month although im due to qualify soon at which point i plan to get saving to clear my loan so my only monthly cost will be petrol of which i wont use much as i will have a works van. Happy days tbh.

i totaly agree its retarded but i love cars, love feeling of quick cars and unfortunatly the clio is best i can get bang for buck atm due to insurance.. my car is my hobbie and pride and joy.. but tbh this year is my toughest year, once this is over and we are in 2010 then the money i waste will be going down hill as my car is almost complete and insurance is cut by 30% plus i am due to have 6% nocked of my loan interest anytime soon so all will be more sane soon soon..

....unless i sell the clio and go fatser lol which i am very tempted to do tbh! car mihgt be up for sale this Nov..

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
best bet you can do, which i done was save up and save up and pay your insurance off in one payment when its due for renewal. apart from being cheaper you have more money each month

Titanium 182
Insurance - £160 pcm
Loan - £250 pcm
Fuel - £150 pcm
Other bits - £100 pcm

Total pcm = £660. :eek:

That's about 40% of my monthly pay packet.

BG 182 FF
when i get mine it will be 150 finance and 119 insurance pcm. I will have to wait and see about petrol.:)

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
My Cup was £190 with £90 insurance and very little spent on fuel (averaged 33mpg)

The 197 is £250, free insurance (business) and an infinity amount of money on fuel (22mpg).

Clio Trophy (225/500)
About 4% for me! :) Insurance is cheap at 35 quid a month and I only put 100 quids worth of petrol in.

Last edited:
  Italian 3.2 V6
makes me feel sick tbh at what i am paying when i think about it and what i could actually spend my money on...could also do with saving fpr a flat/house this next year....

just been looking at a Colt CZT which would cost me 112 a month to insure, 150 on loan for 3 years, cheaper tax, better MPG and newer.. can be tuned to 200 bhp / 200 lb ft and they weigh 1070 standard... clio scranner comes to mind... and quite abit cheaper!! i would be approx 20% better off next year!!!!!

really makes me think.. what am i doing! :( no matter how much i love my 172! :(

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Per month my outlay is just fuel which is about 5%.

If you tot up tax, ins and servicing for a year, then divide by 12 that's probably another 5% a month.

So roughly 10% of take home.

immaculate clio 172
Insurance £40 a month
Petrol £100 a month
loan £100
so less than 20% you young 1s are crazy paying these insurance premiums for a clio lol

immaculate clio 172
well what are you old ones doing buying clios anyway?:rasp:
hey im not old im only 26 but then again some of the guys on here are 19 etc so 26 is old lol but old or not i have 6 years no claims and my insurance is £38 a month fully comp for me and the missus with protected no claims etc now who's old :D

RS200
lol i know but you've got to respect them for paying whatever it takes to have a decent car. ive just got out of that catagory im 21 with 4 years ncb so my insurance is just starting to look ok now. :D

Titanium 182
hey im not old im only 26 but then again some of the guys on here are 19 etc so 26 is old lol but old or not i have 6 years no claims and my insurance is £38 a month fully comp for me and the missus with protected no claims etc now who's old :D

Yep, I would be one of those 19 year olds ;)

lol i know but you've got to respect them for paying whatever it takes to have a decent car. ive just got out of that catagory im 21 with 4 years ncb so my insurance is just starting to look ok now. :D

R26
Insurance paid for, wasn't that expensive. No finance, petrol about £150, tis all really...good thing too since Im a student!

If we want to talk silly insurance, I paid around £3000 for a year on my dad's '05 SLK350....was worth it for the cool factor at school lol! Paid simular for my Cupra R when I was 19. I'd do it again too, totaly worth it :D

RS200
im getting a clio 200 in 2 months does anyone know how much i wuld expect to pay a month on petrol? i usually drive sensibly with a few blasts when the mood takes me.