ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What products should i use

Hi, i'm new to this site. Just bought myself a 53 plate 1.6 dynamique:

Want to give the car a proper clean now and was wondering what products would be best on my colour car.

current plan:

Wash: 2B method, using megs NXT wash, sp wash mitts & sonus der wunder drying towels
Clay : Megs quick clay kit (any better alternatives? never clayed before)
Seal : what do you recommend, (cg m-seal? pb ex-p? other?)
Wax : what do you recommend, (XXX? collonite? p21s? other?)
Tyres: Poorboys bold n bright
Wheels and engine: AG engine & machine cleaner

using sonus applicators & poorboys towels

Can someone please recommend a good sealant and wax to use on my paint colour. Would you recommend using something different instead of the megs nxt shampoo and megs clay kit? Is there anything else i should be doing?

thanks
Andy

106 GTi
Welcome to CS - No a fan of the NXT wash here for normal maintance washes as it is hard on sealants and waxes, will be fine to use if you plan to seal after using it. The Megs Clay is fine to use.

You ideally needs polishing stage in your process, especially if claying you may causes so minor marring.

Wash: 2B method, using megs NXT wash, sp wash mitts & sonus der wunder drying towels
Clay: Megs quick clay kit
Polish: Autoglym Super Resin
Seal: Autoglym Extra Gloss
Wax: P21s, CG 50/50 or Swisswax Onyx
Tyres: Poorboys bold n bright
Wheels and engine: AG engine & machine cleaner

Hard to tell from the pic what Blue is the car?

thanks rich
i'm not actually sure yet what paint code, i paid for the car yesterday but won't be picking it up until later this week so will check the code/color then.

what would you recommend as a shampoo instead of the nxt?

106 GTi
I am currently using either Swissvax Shampoo on my own 182 as it is currently wearing there best of Show Wax, before that was applied I was using:

Duragloss Shampoo
Sonax Gloss Shampoo
Chemical Guys Wash'n'wax

All of which are very good.

On my daily drive I use Meguiars Hyper Wash or Shampoo Plus as they both work really well and are alot more cost effective than any of the above.

Megane Trophy, Golf
thanks rich
i'm not actually sure yet what paint code, i paid for the car yesterday but won't be picking it up until later this week so will check the code/color then.

I use the NXT and thought it was quite good, but have noticed wax dont stay on as much as before, Rich what shampoo do you recommend? ;)

106 GTi
thanks rich

I use the NXT and thought it was quite good, but have noticed wax dont stay on as much as before, Rich what shampoo do you recommend? ;)

The NXT Cleans really well, but the side effect is it does not help the Waxes durability. See the above post I made.