ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What shall i do to this with £700

Meg on pistonheads £6995

Thai Pai massage parlour in Northampton.

700 will get you bath & full monty with 2 birds for 7 hours.....

.... so my mate tells me!

sell your wheels and get some cheaper phase 2s !! This will give you about £ 800 - 900 to spend !! you could have the works done !! BenR headwork, cams, pulleys, chip or maybe save a little more and get a willy lump !!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Cliosportcraig - ive got my phase 2s in my garage and BenR lives about 20mins from me!

Ive been quoted £425 + Vat for a unichip @ Interpro but im not sure!

Then i would go for keeping the wheels! and maybe a subtle spoiler and then getting it chipped

thats what i would do i think in your situation

vix :)

Quote: Originally posted by 1.8_16v_Clio on 23 March 2004

Cliosportcraig - ive got my phase 2s in my garage and BenR lives about 20mins from me!

Ive been quoted £425 + Vat for a unichip @ Interpro but im not sure!
sell your wheels then !! 17s will slow you down, the 15s look better anyway (IMHO of course), get BenR work, cams and pulleys and have a chip setup on the rollers and youll have a VERY quick valver !!

Ask Craig aka adams_16v for a ride in his and your mind will be made up !! if you blow the money on exterior mods then get blown away by a nova youll be gutted !!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

If i was to get a unichip with the mods i have already what sort of power would i be runnin?

Get benr to do head, piper 270 degree cams and hp stage 2 chip if youve got enough left over.....

"you know it makes sense!" :D

what about the megane conversion?

megane lump should be about 500quid, get a used 2ltr ecu and williams starter if the megane block doesnt have its one. Should be able to get the work done for about 400 and sell youre old bits afterwards to amke some cash back (i.e 16v starter, bottom end, megane head etc).

2005 Nissan Navara

f**k cars (for the moment at least!), buy a sh*t load of okey cokey, and have urself a bender of a wkend!!

lol!!!!

1.8_16v_Clio, if your interested, pop over at the end of the week and ill have a 16V head completed (hopefully) to show you, although it is a turbo head its near similar enough to get the rough idea.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by stan* on 23 March 2004

f**k cars (for the moment at least!), buy a sh*t load of okey cokey, and have urself a bender of a wkend!!
Nah mate i strear clear of the Niffa wiffa. Its a fiends drug!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Must be nice to have that sort of money to spend on yer car :(

I reckon cams and chip for that money but dont quote me on that.

Go for the phase 2 alloys. Some performance pads and discs. Willy shocks and springs or koni shocks on eibach pro springs. Some sort of piggyback ecu.

keep hold of it, save until you have another 700, then spend 700 on ya car or beer or whatever and you still have 700 :D

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

If cambelt change etc is due soon then going down the cam route will kill two birds with one stone so a good idea.

Id basically spend the money on making it as freash as possible. No good spending money on performance mods and then have something go and cost money to fix that could have been done if mods hadnt.

Also handling will give most fun for the money as cams etc will help but if suspension and brakes worn or old, not good.

Chips help drivability and would work nice with cams, probably 700 quid and 150 bhp plus.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Matty - I had my engine refrreshed about 3k ago! New cambelt and water pump, ect. So this money is for mods!

Ive been pricing up coilovers and cams. Ive been offered a chipped ecu dirt cheap too!

Matt16v i love the car!, how much can i get a spoiler and skirts for?
actually i have rsi skirts at the mo? rekon it would be worth changing?
ryan

BMW 320d Sport

Jesus Christ youre all mental. The one thing that car needs before anything else is some serious lowering. I bet I could crawl right underneath that thing with a bit of a squeeze!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Nick Read - Its lowered 35mil already? It doesnt look it from the pics but the exhaust scrapes on every speed bump! Still think your right though!

Coilovers all the way!

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Ryan22nd - thats not my car - some one elses!

I want the stuff hes got as well - I was just asking him - if you read the bottom bit.

looks sweet as, i have rsi skirts on mine rekon id get the same look after the spoiler is on and been lowered?
how much u rekon to lower her by, i got alot of s bumps around?