ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should be my next few mods and why

So I've had my Clio for a good 2 years and so far it has a brand new Boring mild steel exhaust, front and back spacers, skoda splitter, New brakes all round, refurbed alloys with brand new tyres, eibach springs a little sub in my boot and painted calipers.

I have some poly bushes on route for the dog bone and fatty induction kit in the pipe line. Have I come to the end of modding the Clio?

What other mods should I consider to improve the performance, drivability, comfort or styling of my little daily?

Running short of ideas other than turbo or throttle body routes

Last edited:

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Fatty induction kit? Nice and cheap, looks nice in the engine bay and apparently makes a nice sound too

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
ditch the exhaust and get a pure motorsport stealth system and decat :smile:

Decat can certainly go on the list. I was considering a 182 manifold and decat but I understand that are a b**ch to fit.

I take it @ADS1982 you have a pms for sale?

Volvo S40
How melted is your steering wheel? Either a retrim or an aftermarket wheel could improve both the interior styling and driving pleasure :smile:

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
hi no i bought a pms its getting fitted soon,they now do a new stealth system which looks the business,i have a ktec full system and decat up fro sale next week

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
Wouldn't do the seats if it is a daily drive or have no intention of putting it on the track. Keep them standard

I would say a race style steering wheel, they look pretty cool.
What colour callipers? If they are a bold colour could use it as an accent colour, like on the door bullets

How melted is your steering wheel? Either a retrim or an aftermarket wheel could improve both the interior styling and driving pleasure [emoji2]
I've retrofitted cruise control( forgot to add this to my original list) and the wheel that I got off here was in really good condition. No need for a return yet. But a snappy one would go on the list do I can retain the cruise.

Wouldn't do the seats if it is a daily drive or have no intention of putting it on the track. Keep them standard

I would say a race style steering wheel, they look pretty cool.
What colour callipers? If they are a bold colour could use it as an accent colour, like on the door bullets

I liked the idea of have either some buckets or a pair of good condition evo seats installed ( if could find any). I did though wonder about the practicality[emoji17]

LED all the things.
I've been considering this for sidelights, and the interior light. There's a guide on here I think for changing your dash colour as well but I write liked orange[emoji5]which I know his against the grain a bit.

I was thinking of installing oil pressure/temp gauges from an Audi (had then in an old coupe) as the dial colour would match. The only issue would be where to mount them (cup holder area or where the clock is now) and use a sandwich plate to run them. This sound like an acceptable mod?

SQ5
I've been considering this for sidelights, and the interior light. There's a guide on here I think for changing your dash colour as well but I write liked orange[emoji5]which I know his against the grain a bit.

I was thinking of installing oil pressure/temp gauges from an Audi (had then in an old coupe) as the dial colour would match. The only issue would be where to mount them (cup holder area or where the clock is now) and use a sandwich plate to run them. This sound like an acceptable mod?

It's not really needed on a road car though

It's not really needed on a road car though
No your right ........ but useful to know that my oil is hot before I give it the beans on my b road blast. Trying persuade myself that this is a good mod. Not sure if it's working though[emoji4]

Clio 182
How melted is your steering wheel? Either a retrim or an aftermarket wheel could improve both the interior styling and driving pleasure :smile:

This! Best money I ever spent and its the only part of the car you touch every day so you really notice it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443770366.741813.jpg

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
RS Tuner remap, makes the car so much nicer to drive as a daily.

sorts out the crap idle and gives you more in the low-mid range which is where you spend most of the time commuting anyway.

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
I liked the idea of have either some buckets or a pair of good condition evo seats installed ( if could find any). I did though wonder about the practicality[emoji17]
My 172 had buckets and harnesses and that was a daily drive for 2 years (it's now a track car again). I enjoyed driving it with them, but as you said there are practical issues.....ticket machines, toll booths, reduced visibility as it is harder to move about..... But they do improve the driving position. I would put buckets in my daily drive but the girlfriend won't let me

Listerine & Poledo
What other mods should I consider to improve the performance, drivability, comfort or styling of my little daily?

Choose your priorities as, for instance, performance may well have negative effects on the driveability or comfort.

From my perspective though:

Money set aside for cambelt to be done (this, before ANYTHING else, a modded car wont get any lady-dampness if it's sat by the side of the road with all its valves embedded in the pistons)
Steering Wheel retrim.
Good tyres.
Rarb.
Recaro sportster Cs.
Silver visions.

Choose your priorities as, for instance, performance may well have negative effects on the driveability or comfort.

From my perspective though:

Money set aside for cambelt to be done (this, before ANYTHING else, a modded car wont get any lady-dampness if it's sat by the side of the road with all its valves embedded in the pistons)
Steering Wheel retrim.
Good tyres.
Rarb.
Recaro sportster Cs.
Silver visions.

Send time I've seen recaro sportster cs I take it these are the trendline seats?

At 1500 quid though that's half a turbo conversion or throttle bodies!

Might be able to stretch to these fake seats. They look similar

bebcdb4c4e0037f5b3317a6713c37e62.jpg

RenaultSport clio 182
I used to have a track/daily 205mi16 with cobra Imola standard width buckets. They were a perfect fit for my 31inch hips but LOTS of people couldn't even get in them! Pretty embarrassing when you've offered someone a lift!!

If you're getting proper buckets (as opposed to recliners) I'd get added width or GT version for the passenger!!

I used to have a track/daily 205mi16 with cobra Imola standard width buckets. They were a perfect fit for my 31inch hips but LOTS of people couldn't even get in them! Pretty embarrassing when you've offered someone a lift!!

If you're getting proper buckets (as opposed to recliners) I'd get added width or GT version for the passenger!!
Xl corbeau anyone run these as a daily?

Problem is finding somewhere round mine that may have then in stock to try. @DannyR at least these ones are real
f175c3feb7244340b8dbaff17d555355.jpg

clio 172 ph2
On the topic of mods has anyone had used or seen the jms style inlet on fleabay for 950 notes made from billet aluminium looks good???