ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should I be paying for this RB 182 FF...86k miles, 04 plate??????

Racing Blue 182
The add is as follows and it looks in good condition.

04 reg Clio 182 sport in racing blue with gordini stripes, cup packs and trophy alloy wheels in anthracite.

Cruise control, air con with climate control (digital display), xenon auto headlights, auto wipers, sports interior etc.

It has a cat 1 pager alarm system on it so it warns you if someones messing with the car.

I've recently spent over 600 on it having had a new dephaser pulley kit, cam belt kit, aux belt kit fitted & a service so the car is running brilliantly.

The car has loads of mot on it & has some tax left.

It has 86,000 miles & is hpi clear.

I really want a RB and there are not many cheap ones around.

What would be a good price for this?
Any worries with the Mileage at 86k? Just when I had mine it was brand new

Racing Blue 182
You reckon? haha....im confused now

So somewhere between £3k and £4.5k lol.....what about the Mileage? Im going to be using it everyday so will be putting around 15k a year on it, will it last a while?

Rusty Cup
05 plate clio's are 4300-4500 at the mo so less than 4000 i would say.

Mileage shouldnt be a worry if its maintained correctly some get well into 150k area.

LOL-

to high / to low-

£3600 ish- but 3k would be nice
S

Ignoring Ali because to him unless it's a V6 it's worth 4 quid. Lol.

But RB, which is one of the most popular colours and it's not a pikey cup.

Surely it's worth £4k? I know it's not low miles. But it's only 20k or so higher than average.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
I will have nov glasses on my doorstep tomorrow- but 4k would be nice- but at this time of year + mileage being hefty I think people will be offering bottom dollar..
& its an 04...

S

Racing Blue 182
Just spoke to the guy....sounds like a good deal.

He said it has the odd parking dent here and there and a bit of the skirt has chipped off on one side near the front wheel arch. Full service history and all MOTs etc. 6 months tax and plenty of MOT....had cambelt etc changed a few months ago.

Only downside is it has had 8 owners...... So if I can get it for £3200 would that be ok?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
£3500 imo

Last year I paid £3900 for similar miles/full history one that had just had the belts done/tyres changed/12 month mot/6 tax etc. I know that was cheap at the time but high milers (unless vag) are hard to shift whatever the market so its a buyers market for them. Offer £3.2k to start with imo

Mini Cooper S
Unless you plan on keeping it for a few years until its worthless, I wouldn't. When you come to sell it, the purchaser would be the 10th owner! I wouldn't want to be the 10th owner on a car.

What happened to the arctic on PH for £3200?

Racing Blue 182
Unless you plan on keeping it for a few years until its worthless, I wouldn't. When you come to sell it, the purchaser would be the 10th owner! I wouldn't want to be the 10th owner on a car.

What happened to the arctic on PH for £3200?

It says its sold...that was a bargain

Racing Blue 182
£3500 imo

Last year I paid £3900 for similar miles/full history one that had just had the belts done/tyres changed/12 month mot/6 tax etc. I know that was cheap at the time but high milers (unless vag) are hard to shift whatever the market so its a buyers market for them. Offer £3.2k to start with imo

I know he will take that anyways

MKV GTI
Just to prove a point: http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1932853.htm

Now is it me or is everbody seriously undervaluing RS clios, i mean come on a well looked after FF 182 in a sought after colour albeit slightly high on the mileage side (which wouldnt bother me anyway providing its been well serviced) going for the same as a 9 year old peugeot, come on.

I say 4k easy..... and this is coming from a BIG fan of the GTI .

Mini Cooper S
Get it bought for £3k. When you come to sell it - part ex the Turinis for standard cup wheels. Doubt you'll be too much out of pocket.

Racing Blue 182
Im not going to let the 9 owners put me off, thats less than 1 a year and I tend to change every 6 months.

Think ill be going for it and then i should be able to get it mint for about £150 more......then just run it into the ground until it dies.

I just lost £3k on my audi S3 in 6 months, so if it died in 6 months it would be less than I just lost on my last car.

Racing Blue 182
how can 9 owners be less than 1 a year.... its nearly 2 a year

S

I meant less than 2 a year oooppssss

So what the reason that this would put people off? Cant really see it been a problem and as I say ill probably be running it into the ground anyways. So £3200 seems ok to me for what I get

SchwepTek™
I was looking at that car.

Its a very early 182. Press car i think as they had the decals on the side.

In fact, i'm pretty certain its Riz's old car.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Possibly means its been passed around due to a fault no one can diagnose/afford to fix. Especially if the majority of the owners are within the last couple of years.

I'd wait for something else tbh, 182's are going for peanuts now.

Racing Blue 182
I was looking at that car.

Its a very early 182. Press car i think as they had the decals on the side.

In fact, i'm pretty certain its Riz's old car.

Yeh I was just looking though RB 182 pictures and it looked like Riz's old car...anyone know any details about Riz's?

SchwepTek™
I saw Riz's car when Riz had it and it was defo 04 with anthra turinis. lol.

I know he kept it very well but i wouldnt know about after that.

ash_s3

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 Cup
These kind of cars change hands quickly, people buy them for a bit of fun, run then around for a bit then sell-on.

I wouldnt let the owners bother you, as long as its serviced regular and in good condition what does it matter?

Peugeot 306 Rallye
This one has been on Pistonheads for weeks now and for some reason it will not sell. He's dropped it from £4k to £3k and still it's up for sale.

Black Gold Trophy
I don't understand the used car market at all!

I swear resale values of 1*2s are driven down by people who are just too desperate to sell!

I wouldn't want to own a car that had 10 owners in such a short space of time, it's normally a sign of a car that hasn't been looked after

Someone needs to sell urgently so has a lower price and then people expect that to be the norm and people cave to match it.

But there's also people who think their car is worth far more than it is because it's washed weekly with camel jizz.

Octavia vRS
Just sold my 182 with 48k on it loads of mot, tax belts just done full service history and a lot of £££'s spent on it I got £3500. So I would guess you would be looking for the same with the high milage on it.

Racing Blue 182
Just sold my 182 with 48k on it loads of mot, tax belts just done full service history and a lot of £££'s spent on it I got £3500. So I would guess you would be looking for the same with the high milage on it.

WOW, what colour was it? Thats how much im looking to spend if anyone wants to sell this weekend cash available