ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What should I do?

CLIO 172 SPORT
Black, the lights have a hint of blue in them, the seats are half leather, got a 6 cd under passenger seat, but never used it, trying to think was else, I bought 4 new tyres 5 months ago pilot sport 3, but fronts are now worn, I had new brakes 6 months ago, but I guess them are now worn as well.

What colour is it?

CLIO 172 SPORT
BLACK, I'm just getting off the train now, heading back to the office, I have a few pics on my phone I will try & download & add to this forum

Black, the lights have a hint of blue in them, the seats are half leather, got a 6 cd under passenger seat, but never used it, trying to think was else, I bought 4 new tyres 5 months ago pilot sport 3, but fronts are now worn, I had new brakes 6 months ago, but I guess them are now worn as well.

CLIO 172 SPORT
Photo's

Attachments

• IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    520.9 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0445.jpg
    IMG_0445.jpg
    522 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
  CLIO 172 SPORT
Hi Danny, I did think about that, but I think me & my Clio have fallen out of love, after 2 failed cam belts in 8 months, so plan to sell for spares or repair, (£500-£750) plan to get Lotus exige which I can use everyday & the odd track day which I would love to try for the first time.

Why arent you dropping a new engine in it if your not getting anywhere with the garages?

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
She is in good hands now! She behind me on the A-frame.. Wind blowing it all over the place!

Will be back on the road soon enough!

Stupid aux belt killed her off :(

182 f/f
Sounds like u got a billy bargain there tunst.

@Tom - You wont regret the Exige.

I had been using my series 2 Elise as a daily driver for 2 years and then got another baby so had to think of something more practical.

Picked up a reasonable 182 and been using it as a daily driver and the Elise for W/Ends and trackdays now.

Make sure you test drive a good few cars and are happy with all the compromises an Exige will present. For example, Very hard to get in and out of - no rear vision - uncompromising ride etc. Once u take one out on track though u will be a very happy man indeed.

Look on www.seloc.org for all the tips and advice you'll need. Best of luck with it!

Cheers,
Dave

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Yeah hopefully il have better luck with it than this poor fella!

CLIO 172 SPORT
Well done @Tunst I hope it proves to be £450 well spent & you get it on the road soon.
I'm glad it's gone to a good home & fellow ClioSport member.

Now it's time to start looking for my new ride. I have shorted listed it to a early Porsche Caymans S or Lotus Exige.

I don't have to rush the process.

Because I bought one of the last 205 TD made a few days ago from a Farmer who's grand dad had from new, for only £200,
it's got 5 months mot so should be ok, it was quite strange the farmer had a hanger full of planes on the farm & a make shift grass runway.
He offered to take me up, but kindly declined as there was a 90yr old messing with the plane engine. (search Stanton, Morpeth in google street view)

My PA had a phone call on friday from the receptionist as she though someone had abandoned a old car in my parking space at work lol

The 205 doesn't handle or stop the Clio!, but the fuel gauge hardly moves.

Right might go & view this tomorrow to cheer myself up!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...rch/true/postcode/ne226ag/radius/40?logcode=p

or move to the dark side & think about this, but I need to check I can get a baby seat in it.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/100/page/1/postcode/ne226ag?logcode=p

I would love another Clio but I need a little longer to forget about buying a car for £3500 12 months ago & selling today for £450 & spending £3000 in between on cam belts & serving lol my money saving tip of the day is change your clio for a new porsche to save you money.

This might be my last post for a while, have fun everyone & don't forget don't use this garage in Newcastle :) www.centrevillegarage.co.uk/

cheers T ex clio sport owner

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Hope you have better luck with the new car than you did with this clio mate!

IMG_0387.gif

Tucked up waiting for me to take her apart monday morning!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well done @Tunst I hope it proves to be £450 well spent & you get it on the road soon.
I'm glad it's gone to a good home & fellow ClioSport member.

Now it's time to start looking for my new ride. I have shorted listed it to a early Porsche Caymans S or Lotus Exige.

I don't have to rush the process.

Because I bought one of the last 205 TD made a few days ago from a Farmer who's grand dad had from new, for only £200,
it's got 5 months mot so should be ok, it was quite strange the farmer had a hanger full of planes on the farm & a make shift grass runway.
He offered to take me up, but kindly declined as there was a 90yr old messing with the plane engine. (search Stanton, Morpeth in google street view)

My PA had a phone call on friday from the receptionist as she though someone had abandoned a old car in my parking space at work lol

The 205 doesn't handle or stop the Clio!, but the fuel gauge hardly moves.

Right might go & view this tomorrow to cheer myself up!
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...rch/true/postcode/ne226ag/radius/40?logcode=p

or move to the dark side & think about this, but I need to check I can get a baby seat in it.
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/100/page/1/postcode/ne226ag?logcode=p

I would love another Clio but I need a little longer to forget about buying a car for £3500 12 months ago & selling today for £450 & spending £3000 in between on cam belts & serving lol my money saving tip of the day is change your clio for a new porsche to save you money.

This might be my last post for a while, have fun everyone & don't forget don't use this garage in Newcastle :) www.centrevillegarage.co.uk/

cheers T ex clio sport owner

LOL at the farmer guy, superb!

Id stick with the Exige, i really dont know where the Cayman fits in in the grand scheme of things, your budget is superb for the used market!

Have you thought of anything else?

CLIO 172 SPORT
The 2 Clio's look great.

I did test drive a new Clio Cup a few weeks ago, & they even offered me £1700 PX but I felt a little car sick after the test drive, I think I was hung over & was on bumpy roads in Northumberland, I must be going soft in my old age & the mpg was reading 24mpg & didn't seem much quicker then my 172. My only concern with the Lotus is, having to visit clients, I get 40p a mile but not sure about long motorway trips.

A friend has a Cayman S & my old man a Boxster S & both have had no problems, apart from expensive services from main porsche dealers. I'm even thinking about a 2nd hand BMW 135i, but I keep changing my mind :(

Cheers T

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I was going to suggest a 135i as it happens, i adore them. They looks stunning on the CSL wheels...

CS7%20Mounted31.jpg

I'd love one but just cant afford one at the moment. Your budget would secure a top spec'd example i would imagine!

182 f/f
Lotus Club Ireland is the track day club i'm with.

We would normally have a couple of Caymans at each day. Last time out there was a special edition Cayman S, Porsche Design model (graphics, turbo wheels and other bits) and a normal Cayman S.

They are very capable around the track. Only really beaten by a couple of the guys who have heavily modified Exige S's.

The Porsches are by far the more luxurious and properly sorted car for the road than the Lotus.

But they are much more mainstream and pedestrian than the Loti. It's a hard one to call.

If u choose with your head it'll be Porsche every time. If u let the heart rule it'll almost certainly be the Lotus

Good luck with your choice either way.
Cheers,
Dave