ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What speed are you getting on 8mb bb ?

172 Cup
b3nje said:
how do i find out my line attenuation etc..

i'm on 8mb but only ever connect at 1.1mb

"You are around 3.12 kilometres from your exchange (as the crow flies)."

"You should be able to receive 3.5 Mbps or above
at ** Orchard Drive, Ackworth, Pontefract, WF7 7DS."

i have these bad boys?

Connection Status Connected
Upstream Rate (Kbps)288
Downstream Rate (Kbps)1152
US Margin29
DS Margin21
ModulationGDMT
LOS Errors0
DS Line Attenuation49
US Line Attenuation63
Path ModeFast Path

mean f**k all?

You're not on 8mb (Maxdsl) but on a fixed 1mbps service.

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
ok so i'm not ON 8mb but they said i should have upto an 8mb connection, i know its UPTO 8mb but 1.1 seems a wee poo!

Fabia vRS
b3nje said:
ok so i'm not ON 8mb but they said i should have upto an 8mb connection, i know its UPTO 8mb but 1.1 seems a wee poo!

no, you aren't on an up to 8mb (dsl max) connection, you are on a fixed rate 1mb connection.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
ever since going to adsl max ive always been connected at 8mbit but never had a throughput of anywere near that...tend to get something in the region of 200/300 download, and in the middle of the night maybe 500 at a push. upload is always 40+k a sec

Fabia vRS
russ9898 said:
ever since going to adsl max ive always been connected at 8mbit but never had a throughput of anywere near that...tend to get something in the region of 200/300 download, and in the middle of the night maybe 500 at a push. upload is always 40+k a sec
if you are getting 500k at night and 200 during the day then that must be contention.

run the beta speedtest that i posted about earlier in the thread and paste the results.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test:
help.jpg

IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 4891 kbps

Audi TT 3.2 V6
getting a nice speed atm, ive actually been downloading through bit torrent at 480k just. wondering if maybe bt throttle bit torrent traffic during peak hours now

Fabia vRS
russ9898 said:
getting a nice speed atm, ive actually been downloading through bit torrent at 480k just. wondering if maybe bt throttle bit torrent traffic during peak hours now
see, nothing wrong with that speed, and bittorrent speeds can be so variable it's hardly a great test of speed.

i take it BT is your provider?

from the bt site

How does the Fair Use Policy work?
If you regularly use the service inappropriately during peak hours, and we believe this is unfairly affecting other customers' use of the service, we'll manage your bandwidth during peak times (which could result in reduced service speeds).

and i also found this on adsl guide...

P2P traffic is throttled in 5 hour blocks, usually between 5pm and 10pm, but some areas its 6-11. The whole setup is a bit random as some people will only be throttled once they use their monthly allowance - others will see throttling at peak times even after their allowance has rolled over. Normally the traffic limit is 40KB/s down and 40KB/s up.