ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What springs to buy, and from where?

172cup
Got a 172cup... been holding off for a set of cheap 2nd hand ones to come along... but non existant at the moment.

So... what springs shall i get? I want a half decent drop, but no rubbing. I want better rather than worse handling.

Ive had a look on ktecs site... but not too sure.

Help

yeah motor sport world .

and i think there the right ones .

why not try and get in touch with brun off here ? think he has a contact for them

defo apex mate make such a difference to hold and also look of the car as well for the price they are amazing easy to fit as well and they come with a 3 year warantee

172cup
ok here are the choices... i assume as i have a 172cup... that i need 42DF4? (ie... im not a r****d... but 172 and 172cup are no different??)

This a good price also? As i'm just about to pay for it on credit card

springs.gif

Vectra :(
If you want apex be prepared for a 3 week wait.

However i waiting 4 weeks last time i ordered eibach, but to be fair they were having factory issues

Maz

LY 200
Apex are fantastic for looks but if you drive your car hard or track it they are pretty crashy imho, never tried the eibach ones but I presume they are better because the drop is less.

If you go for Apex, which is what I currently still have on mine until I can afford H&R Coilovers contact Brun he works for Motorsport and did me mine for £80 iirc, like Lam7R says though you will have to wait as not many if any people keep them in stock

Hope this helps :)

172cup
fred ... what you got in stock then?

btw ... MSW say they have s**t loads of stock? i take it they say that until you buy?

Cooper S JCW
Eibach Sportlines on mine and the handling is superb and less crashy than the Apex/Pi Springs. If it is the look you want then it has got to be the Apex though!

Maz

LY 200
fred ... what you got in stock then?

btw ... MSW say they have s**t loads of stock? i take it they say that until you buy?

Yep they don't hold stock of them and iirc they come from Holand

All depends if you looking for looks or handling ..

Maz

LY 200
Looking at your tyres you drive your car hard lol

Would you be happy with a 15-20mm drop ?? to keep the handling ??

Maz

LY 200
Apex it is then, drop Brun a pm and tell him Maz said he would be able to help you out :) he is NW based so you would be able to collect when they come into stock

Vectra :(
I had sportlines on my FF172 and to be honest i could hardly tell it was lowered, the splitter gave more of a lowered look.

The handling was better tho.

Got some apex on order tho for my ph-quick as i thought i could give them a try and compare. If i dont like em can always sell and get another set of sportlines.

R

rich[182]

I know a 172 full fat and 182 no cup packed owner who both said their low mileaged standard shockers were totally f****d after only 6-7 months on Apex, is this a common problem due to standard shockers working outside their limits ?

Maz

LY 200
rich[182];2138397 said:
I know a 172 full fat and 182 no cup packed owner who both said their low mileaged standard shockers were totally f****d after only 6-7 months on Apex, is this a common problem due to standard shockers working outside their limits ?

^^ couple of people on here have said the same thing, isn't it the case with any aftermarket spring and OE shocks though ??

R

rich[182]

Not heard any probs with the progressive Eibach's on OEM shocks, only ever heard about Apex

Chocolate Bar™
exactly the same dilemma that im in. want the look of apex, but hear some crap about them, but worried the eibachs wont look low enough for me. i need money for coilovers...

Clio 172
Hey newb here.

Got Apex's on mine and whilst they look the tits, the rides knackered. They're coming off on Thursday and going for a 15mm drop instead.

Might have some Apex's for sale then if anyones interested.