ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what to do when someone wont give you there..

Clio SI
... insurance detials after an accident . basicially the guy is now saying he didnt couse the loss of paintwork to my bumper :mad: and that he wasnt going fast enough to possibly do any damage couse his bumper is plastic. ( he hit me from behind)

help!!

thanks

dan

Clio Cup
just take his number plate and give that to your insurance company... hit and run possibly if he wont give u details?!?!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Take pics if you can. If all else fails go beat the living s**t into him.

Clio SI
i thought that were the case i mean its only a bumper all it porb needs doing is respray but its pissed me off and i dont wanna go through my insurance becuase they will get rid of my no claims wont they plus my premium next year will be huge

thanks

dan

Clio SI
i thought that were the case i mean its only a bumper all it porb needs doing is respray but its pissed me off and i dont wanna go through my insurance becuase they will get rid of my no claims wont they plus my premium next year will be huge

thanks

dan

Clio Cup
hmmm
dr rollos second scenario sounds gd to me then.
failing that markCup's answer is the way forward

Da

Less
your no claims will not be affected if you claim off the other party. Just take his reg and pass it to your company.

Clio Cup
u would hope so wouldnt you... but the admin side of things makes some insurance companies bump on a little even if it isnt ur fault... not on in my opinion seeing as u have usually paid a hefty premium in the first place!

Clio SI
yer im paying a big ass premium as it is, and yer unfortuantly my insurance say that they will hae to stick a premium on for admin ( damm insurance) . so am i well within my rights to go to coppers!

Rsport182Cup'd
definatly go to the police station then call insurance, i had that problem, to save you more than one journey i do not know if same policy all over country but south yorks if you report a RTI crash etc you although innocent will be given a producer there and then at the reception desk, you would have the standard seven days to take but take with you so you dont have to go out your way, Driv Lic (both parts if piccyone) MoT if necessary, Insurance cert, i was shocked when gave but they said is all about things like ensuring you are who you say you are and insured etc etc, although they could just do a PNC and ICR database check.