ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what u reckon i will get?

clio 03 1.6 16v
hi guys, i think i have come to a desition to sell up after just a year of owning it.

its a burgandy 2003 clio 1.6 16v 3 door dimonuqe+.
the car has current 71k, oil changed every 4000 mls, had a brand new gearbox replaced 3000mls ago along with a new clutch.
theres a light scratch on the passenger door but apart from that all is well!
its got a sportex exhaust and a new jvc head unit, i paid £4200 for it in august and is still on finance so if i sell privetly then i will clear the balance of the car on hpi.

thanks guys.

Last edited:
  Meg R26 + Mk4 GTTDI
and theres me thinking clios couldnt last for much more over 100K but 71500K hoollllyyy fooook:rasp:

clio 03 1.6 16v
yeh the cambelt was done at 62k i made sure that was done straight after i bought it!
just been serviced again.
its just the + model i dont know if its limited edition?

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Using Glasses Guide on the VX website, it reckons these stopped at 52, it may be wrong/yours slightly late registered, whatever it only goes to 52 plate heh, so this is a 'pretty close' guess according to Glasses...

Renault Clio
Dynamique +
1.6 Petrol 3-door Hatchback
5 Speed Manual
Front Wheel Drive
Year: 2002 52
Mileage: 71,000

Part-exchange Price:Excellent condition: £2870Average condition: £2580Below average condition: £2280

That's the rough prices a dealer would give you as a part ex. So, private sale, maybe £3.5-£4k tops? Assuming it is a minter, full documented history etc?

clio 03 1.6 16v
Ahh. well its got the sports pack i bealive..
it aint a minter, it has the usual stone chips, and a scratch on the pas door..
i think im gonna have to go priv.. tbh i dont have a clue about the service history i dont have any books or anything.. but since ive had it ive kept all receipts and marked down when the oil change and stuff was done but theres nothing with dealer stamps or anything!
i'll post up some pics when its clean.
thank u.

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Unfortunately a lot of private buyers are just interested in seeing stamps in a book :( You'd be much better off if you had the service book and stuff - did it not come with the car or has it just been misplaced? Easily done, my mate lost his V5 and all his cars stuff during a house move some how hehe! And his birth certificate was in the same box. Thankfully after a complete emptying of the loft and every single thing in it, it turned up, in the last box of course.