ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you do - Advice needed..

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Chaps,

Some of you may of seen my thread regarding my 200. As it currently stands there was an issue with the clutch & flywheel which after the dealer blaimed on me has been found to be a factory fitment issue.

Ren UK are paying for this but the new issue is that the Flywheel is on back order & they have no idea when they will be available.

So far i've been without my car for two weeks atleast & driving around in a nice little 1.2 clio with pink glittery stickers all over it (to add insult to injury).

What would you do in my situation, as being honest I've been messed round a fair bit regarding this & feel slightly p*ssed off about it all.

Cheers

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
The 1.2 pink glittery Clio is on indefinite loan from the dealer?

If so, make it your mission to kill the tyres and brake pads to death and have fun doing it.

HAHA! Well they aren't sure, I said to the chap in service if they can get me something else I'd be happier with as it's gutless. Get overtaken by wild life! Got mugged by a Daihatsu Copen <1L in it the other day. Emotional.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
One of the main things I'm thinking is should I be paying or paying in full the HP on a vehicle I have no use of because of an issue not relating to me?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
One of the main things I'm thinking is should I be paying or paying in full the HP on a vehicle I have no use of because of an issue not relating to me?

That would be like me asking for an amount of the car I bought in cash to be refunded as I couldn't use it. HP is you paying to own your car...not a rental as such.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
That would be like me asking for an amount of the car I bought in cash to be refunded as I couldn't use it. HP is you paying to own your car...not a rental as such.

I understand that, but I imagine you can see where I am coming from? Firstly I get blamed for something that I played no part in secondly I'm not paying top dollar for a car I cannot even drive because of a fault of Renaults?

If you get in a taxi & the taxi breaks down before you get to your destination would you pay the whole fayre?

2016 Audi RS3
You could argue with Renault that the courtesy car should be like for like, see what they say?

In truth they've probably covered themselves in the terms of their warranty against doing that but why not try it? Explain that this experience could switch you off from the RenaultSport brand.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I understand what you're saying...but it'll never be as simple as simply not paying HP repayments for a month or two.

You want compensation.

For what exactly?

For having to drive around in a lesser car?

How would you put a value on that?

How could they argue against that?

All very subjective, open to interpretation and emotion, and never likely to be resolved simply.

That's why I'd just accept the situation and do my absolute best to thoroughly enjoy/kill the f*** out of the car I'd been given (within reason).

E92 325D
Good luck getting anything out of them.

Even the "im really interested in trading in against a 265, is there any chance of having that as the courtesy car?" line doesnt work.

Get used to it. I see the 1.2 i get as an expensive second car. Think ive had one for a total of over 6 weeks in 2 and a bit years.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Good luck getting anything out of them.

Even the "im really interested in trading in against a 265, is there any chance of having that as the courtesy car?" line doesnt work.

Get used to it. I see the 1.2 i get as an expensive second car. Think ive had one for a total of over 6 weeks in 2 and a bit years.

I did actually try that line as I was thinking about getting one haha.

I see what you're saying Mark, In fairness it has put me off owning another, the way it's been dealt with is pretty bad in fairness, especially as no one ever gets back to you when they say they're going to. If it gets any worse I'll escalate the situation with Ren UK & put in a formal complaint.

I'm fully expecting to get the car back & either have more trouble with it or find that they've bashed it. It wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Oh & not to mention that the Courtesy car I got given was absolutely filthy, I had to clean it myself it was that bad inside & out. & the fuel cap wasn't attached to it, someone hadn't done it up.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I dont think you will get anything out of them TBH.

They have given you an equiavelent size vehicle to use as transport and will have little interest in the fact it doesnt allow you to speed by as much as the 200 I suspect.

At least you are putting wear and tear on that instead of your own car, so you are sort of in profit that way.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I dont think you will get anything out of them TBH.

They have given you an equiavelent size vehicle to use as transport and will have little interest in the fact it doesnt allow you to speed by as much as the 200 I suspect.

At least you are putting wear and tear on that instead of your own car, so you are sort of in profit that way.

Thought as much mate. Getting to the point where I'll end up loosing my rag with them shortly tho, fed up with them never knowing what's going on & never telling me anything. Terrible customer service.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Thought as much mate. Getting to the point where I'll end up loosing my rag with them shortly tho, fed up with them never knowing what's going on & never telling me anything. Terrible customer service.

Yeah, renault are fecking terrible, parts, service, delivery dates, everything they just such the big fat one majorly, shame as the cars themselves in the case of the RS range are cool cars, but owning one isnt a pleasant experience compared to other equivalent new cars from what I have seen.

E92 325D
What's the story with yours fella?

Are you on clio200.net? The saga is written out on there in depth.

To summarise.

Clutch slave cylinder at 6k.

Gearbox at 13k. Straight after gearbox change i complained of knock in the steering and vague feeling to the handling. Got told "yes we hear it but will have to wait for it to get worse" (with a steering issue? Safety related surely?!) didnt believe the car handled any different though. Continued to complain to many different garages. Same story. RUK involved, cases opened, cases closed with no resolution.

Latest garage hear knock. Glues steering column to rack under RUK instruction. Doesnt fix it funnily enough. Send them this video after investigating with a mate

Get accused of interfering and told they wont continue to fault find my problem. Even though the video backs up my complaining of the rack being the culpret.

Threaten legal action.

Getting new column and EPAS fitted thursday, new rack if it still knocks.

Only been on going since November 2011. :headno:

Last edited by a moderator:
  E92 325D
Admittedly, in your case, theyve stripped the car down and are now stuck because what they found is on back order. Thats not their fault. Nor is it their fault that they wont reassemble the car faulty.

However, in these situations a little more should be done i agree.

My mate had an R26.R

Baffles blew out the exhaust. Back order of a year. Complained enough and got the Titanium upgrade fitted for free.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
its not just renault. my dads skoda fabia vrs was in for an engine rebuild under warrenty due to the oil consumption and they didnt even offer him a courtesy car at first until i found out and got him on the case, then he got some 1.2 to use for the weeks they had it (which was only meant to be 5 days) he had numerous conversations with skoda uk and i also went to the dealership to see what was taking them so long but makes no difference. all sorted now thankfully. but id just be happy you have a car to use, a courtesy car is never going to be a top spec model.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
I think writing an official letter of complaint, or at least making your unhappiness known, is the first step. Leave it completely open without stating what you want them to do about it, and see what RUK come back with in terms of some kind of offering, be that a V6 or an apology, then go from there. Expect to write lots of letters though.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Are you on clio200.net? The saga is written out on there in depth.

To summarise.

Clutch slave cylinder at 6k.

Gearbox at 13k. Straight after gearbox change i complained of knock in the steering and vague feeling to the handling. Got told "yes we hear it but will have to wait for it to get worse" (with a steering issue? Safety related surely?!) didnt believe the car handled any different though. Continued to complain to many different garages. Same story. RUK involved, cases opened, cases closed with no resolution.

Latest garage hear knock. Glues steering column to rack under RUK instruction. Doesnt fix it funnily enough. Send them this video after investigating with a mate

Get accused of interfering and told they wont continue to fault find my problem. Even though the video backs up my complaining of the rack being the culpret.

Threaten legal action.

Getting new column and EPAS fitted thursday, new rack if it still knocks.

Only been on going since November 2011. :headno:

Blimeyyyy! See stuff like this is my nightmare!

I don't want to get it back & get plagued with issues because they haven't sorted it properly! I'm guessing they'll track it properly seeing as they've had the arms etc off. I'll be taking the guy from service with me on the test drive when I pick it up & no doubt pointing out problems.

Just to add the dealer also tried to shaft me as they told me I needed new brakes (which where done the month before).

boils my p*ss

Last edited by a moderator:

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Admittedly, in your case, theyve stripped the car down and are now stuck because what they found is on back order. Thats not their fault. Nor is it their fault that they wont reassemble the car faulty.

My mate had an R26.R

Baffles blew out the exhaust. Back order of a year. Complained enough and got the Titanium upgrade fitted for free.

I enjoyed that car ( R26R) for the 2 weeks I had it!

GT 86
its not just renault. my dads skoda fabia vrs was in for an engine rebuild under warrenty due to the oil consumption and they didnt even offer him a courtesy car at first until i found out and got him on the case, then he got some 1.2 to use for the weeks they had it (which was only meant to be 5 days) he had numerous conversations with skoda uk and i also went to the dealership to see what was taking them so long but makes no difference. all sorted now thankfully. but id just be happy you have a car to use, a courtesy car is never going to be a top spec model.[/QUOTE

This, Ford were just as bad when I had my Focus, cut a very very long story short it spent more time at the dealers than it did me driving it in the first 6 months I owned it, I complained and telephoned Ford that much they threatened to take an injuction out to stop me harrasing them :eek:, in the end I had the car back and got rid of it as soon as I could as it was clearly a Lemon. The best dealerships by far I have dealt with were when I had my Peugeot.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Update-

Out of nowhere... despite that there was apparently no flywheels available in the UK they seem to have had a random delivery & I will collecting my car this afternoon...

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Update-

Out of nowhere... despite that there was apparently no flywheels available in the UK they seem to have had a random delivery & I will collecting my car this afternoon...

Interesting update, fingers crossed it all goes to plan :)

Clio RS200
Oh really? What for a flywheel issue? Mines had the peddle box, slave, clutch & flywheel replaced lol.

Pain in the arse to get first when its cold and sometimes grinds into second. Plan is to get it in before it gets any worse and the warranty is still valid. It seems that a lot of people on here have had to argue the point with Renault to get it sorted though. Car only has 25k on it so should be ok, fingers crossed.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R

My mate had an R26.R

Is your mate Dom Littlewood? That must have cost Renault a fvcking fortune lol!

E92 325D
Haha no.

But i can imagine he caused a lot of hassle with the powers at be to get that sort of a resolution!

He was over the moon as you'd expect.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Pain in the arse to get first when its cold and sometimes grinds into second. Plan is to get it in before it gets any worse and the warranty is still valid. It seems that a lot of people on here have had to argue the point with Renault to get it sorted though. Car only has 25k on it so should be ok, fingers crossed.

Mines only done 10k! I imagine yours was more gearbox related tho?

Clio RS200
Mines only done 10k! I imagine yours was more gearbox related tho?

Me too. Clutch feels fine and there's no slip. I've heard rumours about the clutch being slightly engaged when the peddle is released.....it would be nice to have a reason to why the box is bleurgh after 25k as I don't want to replace it again in another few thousand miles.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Me too. Clutch feels fine and there's no slip. I've heard rumours about the clutch being slightly engaged when the peddle is released.....it would be nice to have a reason to why the box is bleurgh after 25k as I don't want to replace it again in another few thousand miles.

From what I've heard it's the syncro's that go on the box. With regards to the clutch being engaged I had my suspisions regarding this as my clutch disc had one hot spot on it the diaphram fingers has witness marks but only on two of them. I personally believe it was down to clutch distortion in my case.

Where was it you heard about the clutches remaining engauged if you dont mind me asking ?

Clio RS200
From what I've heard it's the syncro's that go on the box. With regards to the clutch being engaged I had my suspisions regarding this as my clutch disc had one hot spot on it the diaphram fingers has witness marks but only on two of them. I personally believe it was down to clutch distortion in my case. Where was it you heard about the clutches remaining engauged if you dont mind me asking ?

On here somewhere, would explain why you got a new pedal (<---knew I spelt it wrong the first time, I blame you) box on yours. It's going to Ashford Renault and a guy from here is taking care of it so hoping it'll be painless. If not I've got a courtesy car I'll be selling parts from in the new couple of weeks lol

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
On here somewhere, would explain why you got a new pedal (<---knew I spelt it wrong the first time, I blame you) box on yours. It's going to Ashford Renault and a guy from here is taking care of it so hoping it'll be painless. If not I've got a courtesy car I'll be selling parts from in the new couple of weeks lol

I'm sure you'll enjoy whatever heap they give you as a courtesy car.