ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you do? iPhone 3G or 3GS...

A

ashy_gtt

Right chaps need some advice here...

I'm not very upto date on technology so could do with your input here. I've won an apple Iphone 3G in the monthly raffle at work. The thing is the company haven't bought the prize yet and have asked me to have a look and find a good deal on one (typical) anyway the prize value is approx £350.00 for a pay as you go version.

Ive read loads of reviews on both phones and there doesn't seem to be a lot between the 3G and 3Gs versions. THe new 3.0 firmware seems to have sorted most of the niggles that they had with the 3G.

Now I was thinking would it be worth me putting an extra £100.00 to my prize and go for the 3Gs version or will the 3G 3.0 version be almost as good?

I only really use my mobile for texting and e-mailing but I like the google maps app and wheres my phone app and would also want a satnav app...

So just looking for opinions on what I should go for?

Any help appreciated.

Ashy.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that helps thanks :)

So the question is Are the compass, speech recognition and video worth the extra £100.00?

Like most things Apple - does the fluffliness warrant the extra cash? The compass is brilliant and very accurate. But I rarely need it when I get up, drive to work, when grabbing a butty at dinner, on my way home, etc....

Never used the speech recognition yet, so I can't really comment. Good phone though. The first make to switch me from Nokias in twelve years, anyway.

D.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Still cynical, despite it being the best phone to come along in ages?

Voice control is great, i use it in the car.
Compass is there to be used with satnav in future apps. So its a bit useless at the mo.
Video is VERY VERY good for a phone and the extra megapixel on the camera makes a world of difference (along with the auto focus)

The screen is also much better with its special coating.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Definitely worth buying the 3GS as the OS runs faster than on the 3G. Safari is also noticeably faster.

Octavia vRS
I have had all 3 Iphones 2G, 3G and 3G'S handset 3G's is brilliant it works and it much quicker than the rest. Pay the extra and you will not be disappointed :)