ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What would you do?

180.5 bhp 172
Hi Guys,

Need some opinions of what I should do...what would you do in my situation?

My 95k 172 has dropped a crank. Very bad knocking sound identical to that of 'Andyk1801' as seen here:
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?708818-Car-sounds-fuked&highlight=crank

I've had my mechanic out who has confirmed this.

The car overall is in very good nick. Subtle mods and always taken care of. Externally and internally you wouldn't know its on 95k and almost 12yrs old!

Would you:

A) Source a 2nd hand engine and chuck a cam & aux kit on it then drop it in (already have the full kit which was going to be fitted before this happened)

B) Get the crank re shelled (however this may lead to more expense the deeper into a rebuild I get)

C) Break the car (I have the space and time, but maybe not the patience!!)

Thanks,
Nick.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
If you like the car, and want to continue owning it, then A, considering you already have the belt kit. Or you could take it as an opportunity to try a different car, but I don't know your age/car history/situation etc.