ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats fluids supposed to be in this container - top right engine bay..?

Foz turbo S & a 172
hi all.

panic stations..

just bought the car (first clio obviously) and upping the bonnet shocked to find the container in top right of picture 6 (discoloured, funny-shaped one)

here:- http://carsinalbion.blogspot.co.uk

..is empty.

please tell me its just windscreen wiper fluid..!

cheers,

Steven

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
2012-06-11+20.17.25.png

The discoloured one is Power Steering Fluid.

EDIT: f**king lol at 5 people posting within as many seconds of each other.

C1 VTR (Company Car)
How can you check the level (noob lvl99) I can't really see anything through the container on mine, But I don't think its empty as there's no problem with my power steering.

Arctic Blue FF 182
How can you check the level (noob lvl99) I can't really see anything through the container on mine, But I don't think its empty as there's no problem with my power steering.

I personally find the easiest way is to unscrew the cap and shine a torch in. You can then see on the outside of the bottle where the level is up to as the bottle is lit up inside.

Foz turbo S & a 172
..just checked.. yer right people.

Unscrewed the cap and looked down the pinkey white liquid was up to the bottom of the neck. Phew!

One further question though, it looks like strawberry milkshake with a frothy head around the top rim and underside of the cap - is this alright?

chars.

S