ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Whats happened here? * PICTURES*

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Hi,

Noticed my gearchange is a bit sloppy recently on the gearstick and noticed a 'movement' in the gearstick like the gearbox is moving around.

Took the undertray off and found most of the stuff in the pics caked in oil/mud. The rubber boot on the gear selector looks split aswell?

imgp0416b.jpg

And i found this spring that seems to be snapped. i personally have no idea what its for?

imgp0418.jpg

And i found this spring that seems to be snapped. i personally have no idea what its for?

Anyone shed any light on whats happened here and is it likely to be costly?

Thanks

John

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Thanks guys, Both your answers have helped my weekend not feel so depressing haha.

What is the clips actual name and how do i replace it?

I cant thank you enough, its something i've worried about for a while.

172 Cup
I would call it the selector arm return spring but renault have some weird and wonderful names for some of there parts, and being french, often back to front!! PM brun or wests renault for a price with good discount!!

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
I would call it the selector arm return spring but renault have some weird and wonderful names for some of there parts, and being french, often back to front!! PM brun or wests renault for a price with good discount!!

That simple huh? haha.

Thanks very much for your help!:)

Megane Coupe 2.0 16v VVT
Tried to PM brun and west renaults last week and had nothing back from either.

Anyone know what the spring is called or a part no. so i can go to the dealers?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
To go the dealers and look at a microfiche of the gearbox. If you can explain where it is I'm sure they'll find it easily.