ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats the maximum i should buy for

renault clio 172
a clio 172 cup in blue it had a cambelt, dephaser pulley and aux belt in november 16 and has could service history but needs rear discs, an exhaust and a driveshaft but is mot till jan 18 is the miles too much for the car

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Depends on condition. Cups are at an age now where I'd buy on history and condition over mileage.
If it's been well maintained by an enthusiast then I'd have no issues. If it's had twelve owners, has budget tyres and generally looks rough, obviously I'd walk.
£1.5k at the most, based on that limited information.

I personally would walk away, there's plenty that come up on here enthusiast owned with lower miles and no issues to sort.

If you do want it though offer £800 and see what they say...

172 Turbo
I'm dreading listing mine for sale as people will want to pay peanuts, yet there are sellers out there like this who want the earth when they have a shed.

What is it like though condition wise ? How long have they had it for & how many owners etc ?
If your budget's not much you won't be getting a spanking one.

Canary172

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
1k sounds reasonable if it's in good, original specification and with plenty of history