ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

whats this- 182 + pic

Ford Fiesta

cant budge them, dont wanna try too hard removing them as I have no idea what they are. sure someone will know on here....

maybe

?

Trophy 263 + 265

they make a good place to earth a sub without drilling.

just slid my earth lead under neath for a tight fit

Ford Fiesta

they are only on the passenger side.

Slugger, is it just the passenger side wheel arch, so you know which bit of it?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

DONT TOUCH THINGS LIKE THAT.

Take it to renault let them sort it, it just needs to be sealed.

Ford Fiesta

why TOM, its only gonna be a small hole aint it, its not like its pouring in., so should be able to seal it easily from inside of car.

Thinking back on here ages ago Im sure someone said the leak was from the rear light unit though.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Ok but if you remove internal gromits and bolts and bits fall off when you try to drive it dont blame me.

Maybe its just me i mean im quite handy with the spanners but for stuf like that as its under warranty its going back.

If you think its the rear light take it off and check the seal.

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 09 January 2005

Maybe its just me i mean im quite handy with the spanners but for stuf like that as its under warranty its going back.

I AGREE..!! why the hell should you or i have to fix something ourself after paying out that much money?? Fair enough after the warranty runs out but..

they are obliged to fix it

Audi A6 (S3 on order)

Quote: Originally posted by Kiev85 on 09 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 09 January 2005

they are obliged to fix it
And f**k something else up in the process.

S2000

I think its sealed from outside the car. Just get some sealant and fill all the joins up in the wheel arch. Havent done it myself though so could be wrong.

Clio Trophy ,EFI'd 5GTT

when i first got my cup i noticed that the spare wheel well was full of water and it turned out that the water was coming in through the ends of the gutter thing on the roof ..

all the dealer did was get sum silicon sealer and put a big dod at each side then painted over with touch up paint ,which was not to my amusment :mad:

i rejected the car after that but ended up letting them fix it proper which they did and the inside of the tailgate was painted properly

although i have noticed recently that the car sumtimes feels damp inside when not driven it for a day or so ,think im goni need to have a closer inspection

Ford Fiesta

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1105296325__blackfix.jpghttp://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1105296306__fix.jpgbeen messing all day with my own car and my mates new black 182.

Very difficult on mine to get carpet out of boot as sat nav computer blocking everything.

As you can see from the pics this is where the water comes in, didnt notice any on the drivers side.

All I id was shove lots of clear silicone around the gap at the top of the suspension mount. Should be fixed, (hopefully)

Did same with my mates.

So at least you know now where it is coming in. I tested with a pressure washer and me sat in car watching.

Ford Fiesta

on the 172 that would probably explain how it ended up in the wheel well, as it runs down there and on 182s heads down to under the rear seats..

On the 172 it will be quicker for it to head straight to the wheel well?

I read on renaultsport forums how people gave it to renault and they couldnt fix it, and wanted to test it on the motorway in the rain!! wtf.

At least you all know where it comes from probably same for rest....

Ford Fiesta

basically yeah, bit hard to do but can be done, and pushes back easily enough too. Was much easier on the 182 with no nav computer as you could pull the carpet off easier and no brackets/wires in the way.

It doesnt have to come right off as this would mean removing plastic surround which goes right in to the rear cabin area, just enought to pull it out and put the silicone on with your finger or the gun.

right o, so no need to unbolt the trim ??, not sure why im asking as mine doesnt leak, but i suppose its bound to start soon !!

Ford Fiesta

no u dont need to undo any trim, just pull the carpet back and remove the rubber suspension mount plug from the top, once this was done and i got someone to squirt at a particular angle with the jet wash it was easy to see it was coming from this area.

and you can follow the stream right to the rear seats.

Ford Fiesta

lol, me too, printed off for friend 3 beep fix, abs serv light fix and now sorted this for him myself. as I said hopefully.

Wont test fully til its properly dry.

Ford Fiesta

again took carpet right off this time and there is another lip above the other one I sealed. Again sealed and also did the square moulding under the wheel arche from the outside. If it leaks this time I will eat my hat!