ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wheel Clearance - 172 vs 182 Cup Wheels

Clio 182 FF
To save me measuring, I wonder if anyone here knows...

For a specific brake setup I've been told that the 16" five spoke 172 wheels need 10mm wheel spacers. What would the 16” 8-spoke Anthracite wheels from a 182 Cup-pack would need?
I'm going to guess they'd be pretty much the same...

Oh and if it helps, standard Speedline Turinis don't need any spacers apparently.

What brake setup?

Also the spoke design comes into it iirc.

Im in the process of a 406 brembo conversion. My wheels are superleggeras et37. And by my calculation i will only need 5mm spacers due to the curveature in the rear of the spokes.( i hope)

Last edited:
  Clio 182 FF
Bump. Anyone ever compared the 16" five spoke 172 wheels with 16” 8-spoke Anthracite wheels from a 182 Cup-pack?

I've got a spare set of the 8-spoke Anthracite Cup wheels wheels in the Garage I could measure, but haven't got any five spoke 172 wheels to compare with.

Clio 182 FF
Bump to give an answer... in this post martin182 fitted the 406 brembos.

16” 8-spoke non cup 182 wheel + 406 Brembo + 16mm spacer = 6mm clearance
16" five spoke 172 wheel + 406 Brembo + 16mm spacer = barely 4mm clearance

So the two wheels are moreless the same as each other clearance wise, and the answer to my question of "10mm spacer on a five spoke 172 wheel translates to what on a 182 wheel?" is "the same!".