ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When a car blocks your drive way.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Went out this morning to find somebody thought it was ok to leave their car over my drive. Passenger window was open a bit and half empty bottle of wine on the floor. I might of been able to squeeze out, but not the point as they were well over the white line markings on the road. After waiting for about an hour to see if anyone appeared and me ready to kick off I phoned the police. They said they would contact the owner. Hour or more later they called to say officers en route. First thing policeman said to me was how long you had the cup? ? He was sound, took out his phone and showed me his Clio trophy he sold in 2012. Was had good chat about cars and he told me the registered keeper of the car over my drive stayed round the corner and they weren't in their house. So it was getting lifted. He reckoned driver had been drunk. So their car is now impounded and afaik it's £210 cost then £25 a day charge. Serves the fucker right.
IMG_20190120_105244.jpg
IMG_20190120_105258.jpg
IMG_20190120_140824.jpg
IMG_20190120_141110.jpg
IMG_20190120_141538.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
hmm judging by the parking it seems like the driver was probably driving drunk so serves them right.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
The white lines have no meaning in the Highway Code or any law AFAIK??

Some councils will paint a white line across the driveway if you ask, it doesn't mean anything.

It's an offence in Scotland to block a Drive an obstruct exit of car.

Is here too isn't it?
My brother got a car lifted that was blocking his drive, that person was also pissed when she parked it.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
You are very lucky. We had a car catch fire and burn outside our house blocking the drive. The police or council wouldn't do anything. So after 2/3 days my dad got pissed of dragged it into the middle of the road so the police had to come and move it... not the best idea but it got moved.

Mk2 1.2 Campus
It’s annoying but I’m sure you could have got your car out of that gap. Were you needing to go anywhere if you waited around for an hour?

I might be different if it was my drive but that money could be a lot to someone who may not even have been drunk, although admittedly The signs are suggesting they were. We’re making assumptions here.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Top work.

It’s not like they couldn’t have parked a little further back away from your drive.

My 90 odd year old neighbour always has people round blocking the road/path/drive because they’re old as f**k and can’t drive.

One spends a bit of time there and always parks like this. The prick. He’s knocking on 100 and shouldn’t drive either.

BA973F0E-4C0C-4BA3-B194-5ADE74E5DFC3.jpeg

I don’t know the legalities of that but he’s parked over a shared drive, on the pavement and on double yellows. I wouldn’t be as arsed if I hadn’t seen him use he drive before. Lazy prick.

Andy_con

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
Some councils will paint a white line across the driveway if you ask, it doesn't mean anything.

Is here too isn't it?
My brother got a car lifted that was blocking his drive, that person was also pissed when she parked it.

Essex stopped paint "H" markings years ago, maintenance issue and no legal backing as paul said. but im sure some councils still use them.

I think saying its an offence can be a bit misleading, the police aren't going to come and arrest you for parking over someone's dropped kerb. yes its a big pain in the arse and well done to the OP for getting the car removed.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
Was there possibly someone parked behind them when they parked there? I wouldn't say that's classic drunk parking, looks more like they are one of my fellow Herefordians.

They left just enough room to get out although it would pi$$ me off too.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Was there possibly someone parked behind them when they parked there? I wouldn't say that's classic drunk parking, looks more like they are one of my fellow Herefordians.

They left just enough room to get out although it would pi$$ me off too.
yes there was a car behind it all night so they had parked in front of it.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Was the driver of the silver van on holiday abroad?

my neighbour was not in, he was my first port of call to see if it was somebody visiting him. this car was left, obstructing my drive overnight and nobody came to move it before 2pm the following day which is when it was towed. if anybody thinks that's acceptable and wouldn't of done anything about it makes me laugh. even if I decided to squeeze out , getting back in would of been much more difficult. the point here is don't park like a c**t.

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm torn....on one hand I'm thinking Oooo that's a nice cup.
On the other I'm thinking nice one for wasting the police's time and resources, more so when you can see from the photo's that you'd of made it out.
"I might of been able to squeeze through" pissin wider than my drive way!

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Exactly Steve, it won't take much working out who contacted the Police.

But then the Police know who dunnit, too. Stalemate - move one.

Me, I'd have driven out round it - leaving a note on the screen stating you think their handbrake is faulty as the car has rolled down the hill.

Did you try pushing it @yeecup

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
I can see why you did it, but then again you could get out so... I'd not of been a total jobsworth and either left a note or waited to see them and just let them know.

If this person did it all the time then thats a different matter or had actually blocked you in..

PH2 172
But then the Police know who dunnit, too. Stalemate - move one.

@yeecup

Knowing and proving are 2 totally different concepts.

Talking to a copper a while ago, he was complaining about the amount of Police time wasted on parking disputes that have escalated out of control.