ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

When tailgating goes very, very wrong (Clio Cup pics)

A day of firsts for me, Thruxton (strange as it's only 35 minutes down the road), British Touring Cars, and also seeing the new Clio Cup series for the first time.

It all started so well...

207583487-L.jpg

207582569-L.jpg

207583541-L.jpg

207588014-L.jpg

and then...

207584125-L.jpg

207584607-L.jpg

207585083-L.jpg

207586225-L.jpg

207589212-L.jpg

and because we all loves flames and 3 wheel action...

207574471-L.jpg

207579004-L.jpg

207578812-L.jpg

207580218-L.jpg

207588038-L.jpg

207577147-L.jpg

More here: http://chrisharrison.smugmug.com/gallery/3640657

BTCC and other stuff will be in General Media later tonight.

Renaultsport Clio 182
best pics i've seen i reckon! awesome stuff. that white clio on 3 wheels is amazing!

what camera you got mate as the picture quality is simply superb!

best pics i've seen i reckon! awesome stuff. that white clio on 3 wheels is amazing!

what camera you got mate as the picture quality is simply superb!

Nikon D50, and I use a Nikon 80-200mm 2.8 AF-S lens. Not the best pics I've taken quality wise (not very sharp at all, the fine fog that wouldn't lift for hours didn't help) but the action makes up for it.

Fantastic pics as always Chris. Methinks you're being modest about the quality. They're up to your usual standard. Where did you stand in the end ?

They look pretty good on the web, but they wouldn't be good enough to make into wallpapers or anything like that, anything over 800x600 and they are mostly a bit iffy, should be fine to print at my normal 6x9 though.

Got a good position at the Chicane initially but gradually got fed up of all the wannabe-pros muscling their way in with massive white lens, holding down their shutter releases and firing off 10 shots every time a car touched the kerbing and got a wheel up ;) I was made to feel like moving my camera for a pan was a criminal act, so I buggered off!

Went to find some room where I could swing a bit for some panning, found a nice spot near the marshal post up at the Complex, was quieter up there and the people I did speak to were much more pleasant.

Didn't like it as much as Castle Combe, but I will go back next year as it's so close.

M

mini-valver

It's eating it's ass! Awesome stuff mate.....

The roof scoops are gash!

Clio 197
Wicked photos mate, i love the fact those clios have the three wheel action so easy but the wheel is off the ground for such a long time it actually stops moving. Brilliant.

Wicked photos mate, i love the fact those clios have the three wheel action so easy but the wheel is off the ground for such a long time it actually stops moving. Brilliant.

The really high 3 wheel action is due to striking the kerb, but evry car was already on 3 wheels entering the corner, so much fun to watch. Most of the drivers said they were much easier to control than the 172s they used to run.

This would have been my shot of the year had it been sharper...

207590901-L.jpg