ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which 37" LCD TV?

Golf GTI 1.8T
I've always liked that model in all sizes. I like the new one too. seems a good price for that!

The Tosh has 2 HDMI inputs, where as the LG only has 1. Which to me is quite substantial. I Think the LG looks gash, I have never seen it up and running through a HD source though. I have the Tosh and its fabulous. I think Ian (Clart) has it too.......

i have always been a fan of the tosh :)

gf's parents have just got a 37" lg screen dont know the model number and i was horrified by the picture quality on sky

Rav4
Change the settings on the SKY box for the cables, make sure it is using the right setting.

i.e I have scart so on my NTL box the default was component, but changed it to RGB and its 80% better!

Toshiba mate, all about the 2 x HDMI, plus its gorgeous.

gf's parents have just got a 37" lg screen dont know the model number and i was horrified by the picture quality on sky

I got my Tosh from Empire Direct, £799.00. Thats one of the empire direct shops I went to. I think the price is the same on their website.

Change the settings on the SKY box for the cables, make sure it is using the right setting.

i.e I have scart so on my NTL box the default was component, but changed it to RGB and its 80% better!

Toshiba mate, all about the 2 x HDMI, plus its gorgeous.

trust me it was even worse till i changed it to rgb and 16x9 lol the weather woman was half of the screen yet they didnt seem to find this odd !!

depends how big your room is and how far away you can sit from the set? The pixel resolution on the Tosh is higher. You are really comparing two totally different things in a 37" LCD + 42" plasma.

Clio 182
Yeah I know, lol. Similar price tho, its for my room...prob sit about 8 feet away from the tv.

Revels Mum & Sister
You can get the Panasonic TH3xPX60 for arounf £799 with the Pedastal Stand if you have a look round. I got one from Currys on boxing day. A few places still have this offer I believe!

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
You can get the Panasonic TH3xPX60 for arounf £799 with the Pedastal Stand if you have a look round. I got one from Currys on boxing day. A few places still have this offer I believe!

Got one on order, after seeing plasma vs lcd side by side there is no comparison.

Plasma all the way.

Panasonic even comes close to the pioneer!!

Clio 182
^^^ Slightly out of my budget, The panasonic seems a good'un but dunno whether id want a 40/42" for my bedroom! :S

Mate I would base the decision on the size of TV you want/can comfortably accomodate.

If you want a 42" then get a plasma. I sit slightly further away than you, and the 37 inch tosh is just ok, any closer and you can start to see pixels. Id get yourself down to a shop and view for yourself, ask them to hook up a proper feed so you can judge for yourself.

its the wl range that is sans digital tuner :)
the 32wlt66 is available for just over 500 now if you look really hard and use discounts

another to look at is the 37xd1e sharp

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
I can get it through work for around 500 mark mate :)

Which would you recommend 32" I trust your judgment!