ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which clio? 172,182,cups etc

Dead civic type r :(
Looking at getting myself one of the above at the end of the year. Just wondering what people think of all of the different models. Cups a much better drive? Is it worth paying more for the 182 over the 172?

I only do short journeys so dont think I will miss the extras on the non cups that much etc. And if I saved cash on a 182 and got a 172 I could get some toys for it insted :)

All opinions welcome

Arctic 182
By the sounds of it you wana get yourself a 172cup, i had a 172 and part ex'd it for a 182 both sports and love the 182 so much more.if your not gona miss the extras then do get a cup specialy as you can throw a bit of money at it too

Forget a 172 cup there awful for braking
and forget buying a standard 182 with the million and 1 cup packs
you have to have on it

Forget a 172 cup there awful for braking
and forget buying a standard 182 with the million and 1 cup packs
you have to have on it

the money you would save on the 182 would be spent fixing and service on the 172! ;)

lol true but dobble the price as a 182! and not much in it between the two hehe

um there not that bad! my mates one aint gone up my arse yet lol

Can someone translate all that please?

EP3 Civic Type R
I've never found my 172 Cup awful for braking. Never been in a hairy situation, never skidded uncontrollably and I don't drive like a fairy.

I love my Cup, however it's all down to personal taste. I like the more rugged feel of the cup compared to the FF 172/182's but some people like more toys.

I'd test drive as many variants as possible and you'll soon come to a descision yourself :)

Mish

bassyboi if you are going to try and argue your point, can you at least make some points that make sense?

I am going to take an educated guess that you are trying to say the 182 is better looking, when really they are almost identical. Colour, well not really sure what you mean there, most people like silver which tbh I don't but both 172cup and 182 came in silver. Mondial blue is almost identical to Arctic blue, both of which are lovely colours.

Please stop using that stupid text/chav/I like looking like an idiot speak, and use something that atleast resembles correct english!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
bassyboi if you are going to try and argue your point, can you at least make some points that make sense?

I am going to take an educated guess that you are trying to say the 182 is better looking, when really they are almost identical. Colour, well not really sure what you mean there, most people like silver which tbh I don't but both 172cup and 182 came in silver. Mondial blue is almost identical to Arctic blue, both of which are lovely colours.

Please stop using that stupid text/chav/I like looking like an idiot speak, and use something that atleast resembles correct english!

+1 Lol

a turbo'd yellow car

ow dear not another guy who takes things all to serious! im very very sorry i write how i flipin want! must pain you so so much!

i also would of thought that if you had half an IQ you could get my point!

get a flipin 182 cup! better colour! quicker and the little extras make a diffrence!

PS i hope this was a better read! sorry again pal! feel free to go off the subject again and rip into my chavy anticts! :D

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
Iceburg is very diff to Titanium!!! lol

Last edited:
Much better english and so much nicer to read! Though quite why you would get a 182 cup over a cup packed 182 I'll never know, unless you happen to find a bargain of a cup.

a turbo'd yellow car
Much better english and so much nicer to read! Though quite why you would get a 182 cup over a cup packed 182 I'll never know, unless you happen to find a bargain of a cup.

24k recaros MOT service 3new shoes 6400k

better lights, window wipers that move on their own and temp settings couldn't tempt me away!

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
  a turbo'd yellow car
that is just what i have!

ok then lets end this! i had a ff 182 and now having my cup i feel its all round the better car! also if you read the 1st post he couldnt give a crap with all the new mod cons!

i could ask the question why did you get your cup over the ff 197's

a turbo'd yellow car
  Dead civic type r :(
Ah didnt know the 172 cup didnt have abs. Thats put me off of that one a bit now. Did renault change much from the ph2 172 and the 182's?

Thinking it will be 182 as there are a couple of nice ones in the for sale section on here that I have enquired about :) just a shame they are both up north but they may be worth a trip.............

ok then lets end this! i had a ff 182 and now having my cup i feel its all round the better car! also if you read the 1st post he couldnt give a crap with all the new mod cons!

Because when buying new there is a big difference in price ;) Also, I think the white 197 cup is the best looking of the 197s

If your 182 didnt have cup packs then that would explain why you think the 182 cup is so much better.

I know he said he isnt bothered about mod cons, but I'm sure he would quite happily have the mod cons if there was little to no saving to be had by buying the cup.

182BG
Sometimes its worth spending that little bit extra and travelling that little bit further for a Mint one
Look around though there are loads about, and test drive them too.

Ive had most of them and I personally think they are all the same in terms of performance, in generally comes down to personal preference

No much changed from the ph2 172 to the 182, despite the obvious (exhaust, wheels and the extra 10bhp, due to the manifold)

Golf GT TDI, IS220d
If your 182 didnt have cup packs then that would explain why you think the 182 cup is so much better.

I know he said he isnt bothered about mod cons, but I'm sure he would quite happily have the mod cons if there was little to no saving to be had by buying the cup.

Couldn't agree more, also imo the only cup to have is the 172. I think if your getting a 182 you should forget the cup and just have the cup packs

(sorry if i offend any 182 cup owners there ;) )

a turbo'd yellow car

Because when buying new there is a big difference in price ;) Also, I think the white 197 cup is the best looking of the 197s

soz it did have all cup packs!

id have an r27 myself but for the money they want they can go tuch them selves! so sapose id settle for a cup!