ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which Clio

Clio v6

Quote: James and Matt i believe, are simply adding theirs.

Quite right Tom, and I can assure this thread WILL NOT be allowed to continue will only one persons incorrect opinion being final.

We have had thousands of similar threads and most agree to disagree, and then we move on.

Im off, to many heres relief.

I have some Staffordshire country lanes to blast.

Lets hope I meet an old 1993 Williams, with its meagre power and brakes.

Hee-hee.

TATA!

:D

Octavia VRS

Why do so many people belitte others opinions? :confused:

If others think a Willy is the best Clio then I respect their opinion.

IMO my 1.4 is best!!! :p

Quote: Originally posted by Vee Six on 30 May 2005

Hee-hee.

TATA!

I might just come up and kick your arse then.....

:devilish:

Quote: Originally posted by James on 30 May 2005

Quote: James and Matt i believe, are simply adding theirs.

Quite right Tom, and I can assure this thread WILL NOT be allowed to continue will only one persons incorrect opinion being final.

INCORRECT OPINION? MINE?

What about YOUR incorrect opinion?

Vee dub

If you start a thread like this one, your going to get a range of different opinions.

Seems to me VeeSix hasnt got the views and opinions he was looking for....

Quote: Originally posted by Matt Wills on 30 May 2005

Hee-hee.

TATA!

I might just come up and kick your arse then.....

:devilish:
You wouldnt get close sunshine, even before the (soon) rise to 300 bhp.

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 30 May 2005

If you start a thread like this one, your going to get a range of different opinions.

Seems to me VeeSix hasnt got the views and opinions he was looking for....

You think I care what someone in an old classic thinks?

Do me a favour. Just educating a few here who are stuck in the past.

After the brathing mods., I will be mixing it with TVRs and Porsches this summer, not a bloody 130bhp 1993 hatchback.

:D LMFAO :D

Clio v6

Quote: After the brathing mods.,

I do hope you dont suffer from asthma because youll have to be taking a big deep breath on that V to get 300 bhp.

I agree with Ben, I think its easy to get carried away with how fast the car is but thats not the whole story. For a pure driving experience, the Williams will not be beaten. Plus it still looks amazing where as the V6 does look a bit OTT. It doesnt blow the supermini competition away, I mean, you can get all manner of high performance low budget cars nowadays. The V6 Mk 1 or 2 will not be talked about in the same way in 12 years time as the Williams is now, of that I am certain and I am taking an unbiased view as I have neither car!!

Fine by me. July sees the car (as discussed on another thread) get 300 bhp / 230 ft lbs and very sticky tyres.

The std V6 is 221 ft lbs already, so is that a mistake? would have though for an extra 50bhp torque would have gone up by more?

btw, dont let this lot of V6 hating guys get you down, most are just jealous as hell, as for James, he has a V6 (and a V6 site), if he really thought the Williams was better he would have one, dont you think??????

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by James on 30 May 2005

The 2006 Clio will probably turn round in my road in less than 17 moves. Now that is certainly BEST in my book :)

maybe you should close down your V6 site pal, you seem to dis them so much.

V6 has a 13m turning circle, 182 has 10m, hardly that much diff???

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Ben j on 30 May 2005

in years to come... the V6 will just be and old cool car

a Williams will still be a CLASSIC

Willaims aint a Classic, its just 1990s fast hatch period, on the other hand with less than 200 v6 255 in the country the V6 will be the classic mate. :)

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by Leachg1 on 30 May 2005

For a pure driving experience, the Williams will not be beaten. Plus it still looks amazing

Only 150bhp is NOT pure driving experience and its LOOKs crap imho, way to OLD now....was good in its time, but its time has GONE...

Simon.

Just taking over form Vee Six on his quest to show thw world the V6 is AWESOME....;)

I think everyone will their own opinions. Personally, if I was going to spend 25k on a car I would buy a brand new evo but that is purely my opinion and Im certain you totally disaree with that. V6s are real headturners though where blatanty the Williams will never compete. And back to my opinon, forget the Williams and the V6, the Mk 1 172 everytime!!! :D

P.S That last bit shouldnt be taken too seriously though I wish it was true.

Mini Cooper S sport

Yes, the V6 looks and sounds amazing, but its just a bit annoying when someone has to put down everyone elses opinions amd has to start boasting.. :rolleyes:

I would personally choose the V6 out of the three, but I freely admit Ive never driven a Williams, so maybe Id change my mind if I did (I doubt it, but maybe!).

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

i think this is all a bit immature really guys.......

its one thing having a disscusion about what you think is better but it seems to be getting a bit carried away, its peoples opinions on what car they think they would PREFER not what is BETTER..

Tis true, however the thread start said that if price didnt matter which one would you have,

So if I could have a 2005 Clio V6 255 for £3500 or a 1990s Clio Wiliams for £3500, I would choose the V6 255 everytime...lol

Simon.

GW Clio 200

I love the fact that Williams Drivers think they are Superior to those of us who have the newer Renaultsports models like the 172/182 etc.

To me for some reason the interior looks like they have just skinned the cookie monster and covered the seats...

http://www.kiddiekareakademie.com/cookiemonster2.jpg

Not a fan of the Williams interior...poor cookie :( or the Dull Royal blue colour.

The williams was a nice car in its day, I would always choose V6 then 182...ford ka...lada...then possibly The Williams, (king Stromba would chew my ball off for such blasphemy)!!!

By the way the above statement was a joke...

I would have a lada before a ford ka!!!

On the other hand..

You can make them look like this!!!

http://www.race-cars.com/carsales/other/1090615322/1090615322pa1.jpg

Stunning, Im just f0oking about with the Williams fanatics!!!

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Sheesh these v6 owners are so up their own arses!! How about re-phrasing this thread....

Which out of the following cars is the best clio of all time

Clio V6.............

thanks for this online ego boost!

Ah well at least I can console myself in the thought I can still hand a v6 its ass on plate in my 12 year old relic!:D

Clio v6

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 30 May 2005
Sheesh [ some of ] these v6 owners are so up their own arses!!

The old ones are always the best:D

Quote: Originally posted by Martin. on 30 May 2005

Ah well at least I can console myself in the thought I can still hand a v6 its ass on plate in my 12 year old relic!:D

Well I could hand my V6 and your 12 year old relic there asses on a plate with my 14 year old relic too (200bhp GT Turbo, if I still had it), but not if they were std for std....which we are talking here....

I still know which car Id rather have, and it aint your 12 year old relic .....;)

Simon.

As an ex 16V, Williams and current 172 owner, Id say that the Williams easily holds its own against the 172 in performance terms... and then again, so did my 16V.

The Williams was a very special car to me (had novelty number 123 of the original batch) and in hindsight I probably shouldnt have sold it. Theres no doubt at all that it got more admiring looks and questions than my 172 does - although the 172 also gets a lot of comments.

Driving-wise, youd be shocked (given all this debate) at how similar they all are. The 16V, Williams, 172, 182 etc are all at the top of their game - and youd be hard-pushed to call one conclusively better than the next to drive.

I really notice how much less hassle my 3-year old 172 is than my old Clios though. No rust, no parts to find, no having to spend money to make it mint. The old Clio is pretty reliable and ages well, but nothing beats newness. Also, the equipment and comfort of a 172/182 is massively better than a Williams (although I really miss my 16Vs full leather).

The V6 is a different story altogether and I cant comment on the drive. There are whole new issues of practicality and running costs than dont need to be answered with the other Clios.

Vee dub

Simon I dont think any of us were dissing for want of a better word the Clio V6.

Just a lot of people actually think the Williams is going to be the all time classic, and therefore the best clio Renault will make.

Just opinions, I wouldnt take it personally,

Tom

R26

If money is no object I would like a 95 clio 1.2 8v prima in red with 3 inch rims.............................Bring on the williams - bring on the 182, however I reckon it would be neck and neck with the V at least upto 2 mph

Quote: Originally posted by TomS on 31 May 2005

Simon I dont think any of us were dissing for want of a better word the Clio V6.

Just a lot of people actually think the Williams is going to be the all time classic, and therefore the best clio Renault will make.

Just opinions, I wouldnt take it personally,

Tom

Thats fair enough, but a 2.0 ltr clio with a Williams badge is NO classic to me, where as a Mid engined, RWD 3.0 V6 Clio is.

Just my opinion this time...ok:eek:

Simon.

LY 200

tbh I dont really get why you started this thread as its quite obvious V6s are the greatest are the greatest car to date(as you find with alot of mk2 owners, specially those of the V6 kind;)) and you will not take anyone elses opinion as a good one if they dont choose the V6!!!Lol

imo the V6 surely is the best but look at the price you have to pay for one compared to a great hatch like the Williams!!!

If money was no object id lay my bottom doller that a good majority of the Williams boys would take the V6 but thats understandable and not taking anything away from how good the Willy is (it must be good as my Valvers enjoyable enough;))!!!

I think people on this forum weather is a Clio up against another model/make of car or weather its mk1 clio up against a mk 2 Clio need to show a little more respect for the opposite as it seems the car they OWN regardless of other peoples opinions is the best thing since sliced bread!!!

did the maxi clio not dominate and break records in the rallys when it was unleashed?

wats a V6 done? look nice...

Quote: Originally posted by Ben H on 31 May 2005
Not me ;)

Ill give you that, way cooler and more purposeful than a V6.