ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which exhaust from this list for my 182? Any experiences with these?

PLEASE DO NOT COMMENT UNLESS YOU HAVE ONE OF THESE FITTED - Hello everyone, The exhaust on my car needs doing and im going for a stainless with a decat. Contrary to previous car's ive owned, there are alot of systems available for the clio, so below i've made a list with prices of the ones i'm interested in and was just wondering if anyone has had or does have any of these systems and can comment on stuff like noise, power or fitment issues etc. So here's the one's i'm looking at -

1.) KTR Ultra performance exhaust super sports - £382.80 (However I don't like the fact that it only has one back box and 2 pipes coming out of the single box)
2.) Milltek Decat Exhaust System - £414.00 (looks pretty good and comes with decat)
3.) KTR/Janspeed Exhaust system (same one bax box 2 pipe design i don't like and comes with no de cat)
4.) Magnex Cat-back system - £378.65 (looks alrite but no decat)
5.) RS192 System - £399.00 (similar to scorpion but with seperate back boxes, with decat)
6.) Older Scorpion Exhaust system -£311.00 (same one back box with 2 pipe design)

From looking at the products above i'm starting to lean towards the milltek because of look, price and the fact the decat is included. Has anyone had a milltek exhaust on here?
Note the abscence of the yozzasport coz it's too loud in my opinion :)

Last edited:

J.W

RB 182 Cup
I have a Piper fitted, it's a great exhaust and not too loud however I'm currently trying to get Piper to replace the backbox due to the tailpipes being of an unequal length...

OK well the piper wasn't on my list and sounds like they have some quality control issues if the tailpipes are coming out unequal lengths. Anyone had any of the exhaust that are on the list? I wana hear from someone thats had/got the milltek.

J.W

RB 182 Cup
Don't get me wrong it's great quality, this just seems a one off and the guy who deals with this sort of stuff is back in on Monday, I'll keep you posted on how they resolve the issue if you like...

i have the k-tec ultra with silencer and k-tec sports cat, great sounding exhaust isn't intrusive on motorway journeys.

good build quality,only problem is they grow when hot (they all do it) and the tailpipes move to the right by a few mm, go's back to normal when cold.

other than that i can't fault it at all. i have heard the supersports without the silencer is slightly louder. deafening with a de-cat

i have the k-tec ultra with silencer and k-tec sports cat, great sounding exhaust isn't intrusive on motorway journeys.

good build quality,only problem is they grow when hot (they all do it) and the tailpipes move to the right by a few mm, go's back to normal when cold.

other than that i can't fault it at all. i have heard the supersports without the silencer is slightly louder. deafening with a de-cat

Lol interesting! How have you managed to notice this? Did you look at them after driving and then again when cold the next day or something? Any metal expands when heated i suppose. I'm definitely not looking for anything too loud, ideally i'd like a system thats quiet under low throttle and gets loud at higher revs and higher throttle. The cat on my car looks ok so maybe to save cost i might jus go cat back if a de cat will make it very loud. The only thing i don't like about the ktec system is that the backbox consists of a singular box with two pipes projecting from that single box which is totally different to renaults original design. Personally from an engineer's perspective i prefer the systems that have 2 seperate back boxes like the milltek because it will always produce more even gas flow.

ITB'd MK1
From the point of view of having fitted most of them........I wouldn't discount the piper, it's one of the best quality. Miltek systems crack, one of the highest returns rates, and fitting is a complete arse. The KTR/Janspeed system is nice, Fits really well and really easily, the Ultra is similary good. Never fitted an RS192 but seen them on cars and they are rather nice.

ITB'd MK1
Lol interesting! How have you managed to notice this? Did you look at them after driving and then again when cold the next day or something? Any metal expands when heated i suppose. I'm definitely not looking for anything too loud, ideally i'd like a system thats quiet under low throttle and gets loud at higher revs and higher throttle. The cat on my car looks ok so maybe to save cost i might jus go cat back if a de cat will make it very loud. The only thing i don't like about the ktec system is that the backbox consists of a singular box with two pipes projecting from that single box which is totally different to renaults original design. Personally from an engineer's perspective i prefer the systems that have 2 seperate back boxes like the milltek because it will always produce more even gas flow.

all stainless systems grow a little when hot, nothing you can do about it really.

All the most popular systems run a single box. You're going to see no power advantage from 2 boxes, but you will see more weight

From the point of view of having fitted most of them........I wouldn't discount the piper, it's one of the best quality. Miltek systems crack, one of the highest returns rates, and fitting is a complete arse. The KTR/Janspeed system is nice, Fits really well and really easily, the Ultra is similary good. Never fitted an RS192 but seen them on cars and they are rather nice.

Ok cheers for that dan, good to hear from someone with hands on experience. I like the rs192 it does have the dual back box configuration i prefer aswell, ebay time and pictures to follow.

all stainless systems grow a little when hot, nothing you can do about it really.

All the most popular systems run a single box. You're going to see no power advantage from 2 boxes, but you will see more weight

Maybe more weight versus the single box setup but apparently the rs192 saves 6kg over the standard system (probably exagerated) and i just prefer the look of the dual boxes, im not really looking for much of a power gain coz with any exhaust its never gonna be more than a 10bhp gain in reality.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
ive got a rs192 (although no decat) and its a nice system. people say the fitting is bad but i didnt find that problem, thought it was ok. the sound is slightly louder than standard with a nice low burble. driving through towns is nice and subtle but around 4500 - 5000+ revs the sound comes alive. motorways are not "boomy" the system looks good in the bumper cutouts and from following the two rear boxes just show from the underneath of the bumper which looks nice. ive got a little thread of me fitting on. its not that good but it might give you a better idea somewhat. keep an update on "mikes86 ff" thread as hes just purchased a rs192 with decat.

ITB'd MK1
Maybe more weight versus the single box setup but apparently the rs192 saves 6kg over the standard system (probably exagerated) and i just prefer the look of the dual boxes, im not really looking for much of a power gain coz with any exhaust its never gonna be more than a 10bhp gain in reality.

other systems save more weight than that though. The stock system is a bit of a behemoth.

wont be anything even close to 10bhp gain. maybe 1 or 2 if you're lucky ;)

lol but its not a twin exhaust if its got one back box its just a single back box with 2 pipes coming out of it :p Na seriously i just prefer the twin exhaust, the weight difference is probably minimal on a car that weighs 1000kg, 1 or 2 kilos is 0.1 or 0.2% weight difference. I'd be very happy with 2bhp lol i just said no more than ten incase someone claimed to have got 10bhp out of a system.

Clio 182 arctic
just a comment on the fitting of the rs192, i fitted it last week to my car without decat mind. it went straight on, the plus side was there is plenty of adjustment to be had if youre not happy with the initial fit. the tailpipes do grow yes but mine grew outwards (15-20mm max) and still sit in the cut outs perfect whether hot or cold. when it grows its better neway as you can see the scorpion logo on the pipes more.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
just a comment on the fitting of the rs192, i fitted it last week to my car without decat mind. it went straight on, the plus side was there is plenty of adjustment to be had if youre not happy with the initial fit. the tailpipes do grow yes but mine grew outwards (15-20mm max) and still sit in the cut outs perfect whether hot or cold. when it grows its better neway as you can see the scorpion logo on the pipes more.

+1

koi

Audi S1
No issues with the Janspeed here, fit is spot on and the slash cut tips look great in the cut outs. Gain wise you're never going to get 10bhp, however I think the power delivery is smoother...but that might just all be in my head.

b/g 182, meg tourer
no issues with my miltek other than the mounts sagging, not the exhaust's fault tho. im running mine with a de-restricted std cat and no centre silencer section. its a lovely sound without the boomyness and headaches of a decat. i would buy the same system again to be honest. cant fault it.

Clio 182
Just got my first french toy. Clio 182 in Gordini!

Hi guys, this is my first thread.

Have got a clio 182 with a Janspeed exhaust and wanted it louder.

Its in the garage now having a de-cat and the middle silencer out.. Straight through from 4 - backbox. Hopefully it will sound good.
Has anyone done this to a clio 182 before...?

any benefits to power?

Cheers

Virgin Mike..

Re: Just got my first french toy. Clio 182 in Gordini!

Hi guys, this is my first thread.

Have got a clio 182 with a Janspeed exhaust and wanted it louder.

Its in the garage now having a de-cat and the middle silencer out.. Straight through from 4 - backbox. Hopefully it will sound good.
Has anyone done this to a clio 182 before...?

any benefits to power?

Cheers

Virgin Mike..

Correction this is the first thread you HIJACKED