ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which French death trap?

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Similar money for both but out of these two which would you choose?

Saxo vts turbo - non forged running low boost on standard internals (around 180bhp).

1C58E5DE-81B8-4C82-9CC9-3A833E5BECCB_zpsf1cu3qoe.jpg

Or

S1 106 Rallye in white, tin top, standard 1.3 rebuilt, all standard parts included.

BAFDB1D8-0306-4678-B725-FEE5EA876DD1_zps2fdwa7y8.jpg

Listerine & Poledo
Rallye.

1% less likely to fall apart within 5 miles, and hasn't got all the stickers to prove how much it's had the s**t kicked out of it already.

EDIT: Also, if you took the Rallye and de-modded it, it'll actually gain value.

EDIT2: It's also a lot nicer

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Rallye.

1% less likely to fall apart within 5 miles, and hasn't got all the stickers to prove how much it's had the s**t kicked out of it already.

This is true. The head says Rallye, the inner chav says saxo.

If the Saxo didn't look the way it did I'd say that one, but let's be honest it has probably been given death every time it's been driven.
For the safe bet, get the Rallye.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
You normally punt them on pretty quickly anyway don't you? I'd have the Saxo for a few months, because a 180bhp Saxo is gonna be a laugh.

Probably worth more in bits if it breaks anyway.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
If the Saxo didn't look the way it did I'd say that one, but let's be honest it has probably been given death every time it's been driven.
For the safe bet, get the Rallye.

Did some research on the paxo and it was done in 2012 so has had plenty of time to blow up. To be honest it would cost me nothing to put back to standard (with the exception of the ride height) as parts for them are plentiful.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
You normally punt them on pretty quickly anyway don't you? I'd have the Saxo for a few months, because a 180bhp Saxo is gonna be a laugh.

Probably worth more in bits if it breaks anyway.

I've been known not to keep them for a while if I don't connect. Saying that, I've had my audi nearly five years and my other Rallye for nearly a year so I'm not doing that bad.

Did some research on the paxo and it was done in 2012 so has had plenty of time to blow up. To be honest it would cost me nothing to put back to standard (with the exception of the ride height) as parts for them are plentiful.
Ok, go for the paxo & de chav it, sell the barry boy bitz off & make a few quid back.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Rallye, people will look at you in a different way.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
Don't get the Saxo hate, remove the stickers, get some wheels that aren't black, then you've got a standard looking Saxo with 180bhp.

Rallye is a much cooler car, given, but he's already got one, and a 1.3 Rallye vs a turbo Saxo? Probably won't blow up, and if it did it's worth more in parts.

I care more about fun than image.

Mr Burns

ClioSport Club Member
  Swift Sport
Rallye.

Said it for me.