ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which is the best drive, 182 or 172

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Anyone put them on corner weights? 20kg is 20kg...I wouldn't sniff at it...if the quoted figures are accurate then it's a valid benefit regardless of whether or not they accelerate the same from rest.
Ok, firstly, they are the published weights, not the measured. From whats been lost, I'm not sure it will be 20kg. Having driven both (I owned a 182cup), a FF182 drives exactly the same. It's not a valid benefit if it has no effect, and it doesn't.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Appears you omitted the second half of my sentence, see the above quote in bold text for a reason.

I know the quote, i have the magazine at home on my shelf ;) For your info, a 172 cup weighs 1011kg, thats a big 'ol saving on 1090kg ...

Tbh, its horses for courses, you prefer what you prefer. I personally dont see the point in the 182 Cup, just a marketing/get it cheaper exercise like the 306 Rallye (which also saved naff all weight compared to the Gti6).

I had a Rallye in case you think im a hater :)

53 Clio's & counting
black ph1's are THE best,fastest,handle best,stop best,use the least fuel,get the most attention and are worth the most money, which is why you guys can buy mine for £7000 :D

lol

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
non cup 172 for me, nearly the same inside same toys etc apart from cruise (unless u get an 04 plate)

IMO the wheels are better looking on the 172
the rear looks better without the 182 wheelbarrow look!

but after driving my 172 with a 182 manifold, i dunno if i could go back!!

I know the quote, i have the magazine at home on my shelf ;) For your info, a 172 cup weighs 1011kg, thats a big 'ol saving on 1090kg ...

Tbh, its horses for courses, you prefer what you prefer. I personally dont see the point in the 182 Cup, just a marketing/get it cheaper exercise like the 306 Rallye (which also saved naff all weight compared to the Gti6).

I had a Rallye in case you think im a hater :)

I agree with this, they have put a clever spin on the cup by it being 'hardcore and stripped' etc when in fact in my opinion its just poorly specced lol. I would still own one though ;)

172 with k-tec sound
I was thinking the 182 Cup would be the best comprimise? It's got the Cup goodies which makes it better to drive and it's had a little weight removed without losing two very important bits of kit: air conditioning and ABS. I can live without leather, rear head rests, xenon lights and climate control...but not ABS and air con...one is a great safety net for when you run out of talent and the other is a must have to enjoy a car on a hot sunny day. Then as a little sprinkle on top you get get ESP, traction control and cruise control.

It was certainly the most appealing model to me, hence buying one. I wasn't interested in any of the FF models, the Trophy was a bit on the expensive side and the 172 Cup, whilst appealing, put me off with the lack of ABS...it sounds all well and good saving the weight but I've had cars with no ABS before and they can be a real handful, especially at this time of year. Cadence braking sounds like a solution but try doing it at 40mph approaching a sheep...

So the 182 Cup...the driving enthusiasts Clio...who is also a realist?

P.S Racing Blue is the colour!

ok cheers, my brov in law has rb 182

172 with k-tec sound
thanx guys n girls, i really appreciate the advice n knowledge you all posess on this matter. it does seem to me now that chosing wont be easy, but i hope to make the right choice now armed with all the info u have given me, once ive tried them all im sure it will just click with the right car. :cool:

ITB'd MK1
Driven every variation I think. For me I'd go for a straight 172 and put the best suspension possible on it. Cup handles a little better but not enough to be losing the nice interior IMO (not a fan of the cloth seats). Prefer the Ph1 overall apart from the dash