ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which is the better first dslr to get?

none, just walk
im needing some advise on which is the better camera to get, either the olympus e-410 or the sony a200.

Both these cameras are the same similar price of around £230 used, Im looking to get into photography but im not able to afford the canon or nikon £300+ for my first proper camera.

Im going to use one of the following camera as my first intro to taking proper pictures, the only thing that sways me out of the two cameras is the live view on the olympus but im just wondering if the sony would be a better first time buy?

Im not looking to use every day or need a camera where the lenses are cheap to buy as im going to be using the camera very low level.

thanks in advance.

none, just walk
yeah ive had a look at those but i just dont have the budget for the camera's that are being recommended on here, i have upto £250 tops hence the used lower end scale, if i could get a first dslr to learn on and take some really good pics that can justify going down the dslr route and not just sticking to the powershot/ fuji fine pix cameras i can get for half the price.

Track 172cup
if you need to stick to that sort of budget i would seriously consider a second hand Nikon/Canon

you might be able to get a decent Nikon D40 or Canon 450D (second hand) around your budget

none, just walk
i like the look of the d40 but im worried about the lack of mega pixels? or is that pointless as its a dslr- i wont be making big prints of the pics i take?

also the 450d is still a bit too expensive, ive seen plenty of 300d/400d's for sale are they any good?

thanks

Could you stretch to an e-420? Used one for a holiday trip and it was a cracking bit of kit TBH. The Olympus gear is always overlooked, but you nly need to read reviews to see that it shouldn't!

none, just walk
Ive gone for the a200, it fit the bill for me. I had a try of the nikons and others of similar price at a local photo shop and the sony was the one for me as it had all the features and for the right price. I got it for £200 used but all in so its a bargin because the nearest to that was a d40 and that was £240.
Now i have to test it out im really happy with it.