ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which to go for: Clio 197 or 197 Cup?

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
I'm wondering what the difference is between a 197 and Cup, as I'm looking to buy one and found 2, one is a standard and the other a Cup pack.

I've driven a Cup already and quite liked it but wondered can anyone tell me the difference, as the Cup is more expensive.

Cheers

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
I'd go for a white 197 cup, with Recaros, speedlines AC.
That's the options on the Cup, its £500 more than the 197, which has exactly the same spec except its no xenons or Cruise and the cup has twice the mileage, but its still not a lot of miles

SG9 Forester STi
Go for the cup.....
DSC00991.gif

Just to persuade you lol! (Ben_r1's cup) :D

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Get the 197 with cup packs. End of the day, neither is a very light car, might as well get the car with the nicer interior. Importantly for me, the cup loses the reach adjustable steering wheel, so has a poorer driving position. If I like the 200, I'll be going for a cup'd one.

Barge
Get the 197 with cup packs. End of the day, neither is a very light car, might as well get the car with the nicer interior. Importantly for me, the cup loses the reach adjustable steering wheel, so has a poorer driving position.

+1 TBH.

The weight difference is barely noticeable. Go for the luxury.

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
thanks guys. Think it'll be a 197 with goodies as I've found one in white with the black speedlines, then sort out suspension etc after. Doesn't seem to be any at all as 197 with Cup pack, unless they are just listed as 197 Cup!!

Swift Sport
197 with goodies sounds like a plan, for the price you pay you may as well have the toys and the extras. Cup pack is preferable, but not essential.

Listerine & Poledo
Isn't there an offiicial Renaultsport bodykit for the 197?

I remember it being on the option list when I was pricing one up a few months back.

Just wondered

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
if thats the carbon effect skirts, front lip and rear spoiler, not for me thanks! clean and simple imo

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I bought a cheap 197 and lowered it on H&R springs, handles awesome! ...job done!

Exactly what i did!

Knew i was getting coilovers, so cup chassis (which is just springs and thicker arb) would have been a waste, as it would now be in the shed

BMW 320 M Sport, 197
Cheers guys, looks like I made a good choice, and tbh I think the rides hard enough without a cup pack set up too, so coils will be considered in future as it does need dropping!

GW Clio 200
Looks great.. enjoy

Didnt like the one with the black bonnet, looks like a megane, not my cup of tea...... your choice, exellent!!