ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Which wheels look better

Nick, saw a lowered 172 with 17" OZ Superleggaras this week and it looked the dogs ! Definitely made me want these wheels ! I heard that the 17s look smaller in this model but I dont agree, they looked stunning and BIG !

To find out what these wheels look like, go http://www.auto-extreme.com/eng/wheelwizard/index.php?PHPSESSID=3223a5f27401457f2910e16214c30c6eHERE ! It is a wheel wizard and you can define the amount the car has been lowered and what wheels, it has both the Super Ls and Chrono Evos on there ! Just select your car and wheel make and away you go !

Hope this helps.........

BMW 320d Sport

I havent looked at that picture for ages, thats the nearest to a side on shot Ive got ! Thats a pretty old school look there.

Here are some pics of the Clio MKI, both 17s and lowered 30mm. They are taken from this wheel wizard but you can specify the ride height :

Well Dai, ya beat us to it mate!

So Nick, which do ya like more? Id have to say the SuperLs every time, and your getting nice lightweight rims, youre only other alternative is to get a set of Team Dynamics Pro Racing 17s, very light, only available in anthracite or white though.

That wheel wizard is pretty good, not ideal but can give you an idea of what it is going to look like as you can see.

BMW 320d Sport

GOod work fellas! the problem with these wheel wizards is that the motors are always the base model and theyre never slammed enough to get a good idea. ANy wheels gonna look shoddy on an unlowered base Clio.

The reason why Im looking at Crono wheel is because my #1 consideration is weight, and the Cronos arent actually that much heavier than Super L. Before the superL came along the Crono was OZs lightweight aluminium wheel. In 17" its something like 7.2 kg for the SL and 7.9 kg for the Chrono.

I like a lot of spokes but I can see theyd be a nightmare to clean...and the Super T is a lot prettier than the Super L. Now Ive seen those Chronos on there, I reckon theyd be pretty hardcore on a slammed, fast Clio.

BMW 320d Sport

I just checked out the wheel wizard, and it confirmed what I always thought - even *3-spoke* rims can look hot under a 90mm drop.

To be honest, with a 60mm drop (which is roughly where mine is on that picture) I reckon the Chronos are streets ahead. Someone convince me otherwise?

BMW 320d Sport

John I got em from Chris at Carnoisseur Southend. I was out the back last week and hes got a couple of sets lying around. Theyre Sparco ones, you cut them to shape and fix them in whatever way you want to.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Nick, I think your right to go with the Chronos. Theyll look perfect on a slammed valver. Plus I agree with your view on them looking more hardcore, they look more like proper race wheels rather than the Super Ls.

And theres the individuality thing, Super Ls are pretty popular but I think Ive only seen one other car on Chronos. That was on a lowered Civic and it looked spot on.

Rick

Glad that wheel wizard helped a bit Nick !

Leanne has a very good point ! Super Ls and Ts for that matter are very common now or at least getting that way, you can see why tho because they do look the dogs cajones !

What are you doing with your Wolfrace alloys then Nick ???

BMW 320d Sport

Errr one of you lot are gonna buy them off me! £700 cash, they need a bit of refurbishment, a bit of the Hyper Black finish has flaked at the edge where I had the outer rims diamond cut.

Then I can get my Chrono 17s. If I wasnt a quarter miler I wouldnt sell them. But they are just a bit too heavy for my purposes (losing 0.2 seconds over the 1/4 mile!) although they definitely make it easier to get off the line and give IMHO a much better ride than the factory 15s.

BMW 320d Sport

The thing is that the new silver Super Ls look better than the dark ones I think. Not that the originals didnt look good, but the lighter shade looks better.

nick so what you doing to your egine now?? i see you cooked your current engine somewhat, but thats about it..............

chuckie

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Nick

Go for the super Ls mate they look nice !! Mind you you could always get em in gold !! They always look the tits in gold. Remember how good Adams looked !!

leigh

I actually like the Chronos better - they look class. Those Super Ls are nice - but that style seems to be all over the place nowadays.

Quote: Originally posted by Daipac on 29 November 2002

Nick, saw a lowered 172 with 17" OZ Superleggaras this week and it looked the dogs ! Definitely made me want these wheels ! I heard that the 17s look smaller in this model but I dont agree, they looked stunning and BIG !

To find out what these wheels look like, go http://www.auto-extreme.com/eng/wheelwizard/index.php?PHPSESSID=3223a5f27401457f2910e16214c30c6eHERE ! It is a wheel wizard and you can define the amount the car has been lowered and what wheels, it has both the Super Ls and Chrono Evos on there ! Just select your car and wheel make and away you go !

Hope this helps.........
The yellow HERE is the link to the site.

BMW 320d Sport

Well now Im more confused than ever.

Chuckie - Im onto Plan C with the engine. Turbo - blown all four pistons so might as well go low compression.

TT 225

Well, i have to go for he Chronos. Im an old skool kinda gal and I love the rally sl*g look. Had Compomotive MOs on my last motor and love the TH and the TH2

Infact i think your valver looks ard with those stamdard wheels :D

BMW 320d Sport

OK I think the Chronos are the ladies choice so Ill have to go for them. Now just got to find a buyer for my 18s.

clio williams, Ph1 172

Nick can you fit them mud flaps with out having your plastic inner arches. I had to take my front rally ones off as I had to take an inner arch out due wheel chafage.

I like the OZ wheels mate, though I guess im biast as they look kinda similar to mine. You cant go far wrong with five spokers. Never go out of fashion.http://www.cliosport.net/gallery/clio16v/paul3.jpg

You can get a general idea with the look of mine I guess. Think mines got about a 40mm drop, maybe more. Not sure.