ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

which would win ?

im sure i saw a copy of one of matt blacks runs 3.9 to 60 with 400bhp.. the what does a normal m3 do to 60? 5ish? im pretty certain if launched right the M3 would barely get infront of the clio if at all...

Whats the M3 1/4 in as standard?

13.33 for a normal m3 coupe.

No doubt it would beat it down the 1/4 mile, but I must admit I have only towards the end of the thread found out that the OP said the road was 1/3 of a mile.

APR LCR225
It would be stupid to try and launch the car aggressively in first gear..Is it worth breaking the car for? Shaun didnt give it much stick in 1st as its abit of a bloody risk(may pull you into a hedge or blow the box to bits!)

Cant use the tration control no, he apparently tried it and snapped a driveshaft!:eek:

I found the power to be nicely progressive when i was in it though, in the dry anyway. Wheels didnt try to spin up too much in 2nd,3rd etc...Fair bit of torque steer like, even with the lsd..but once rolling, wheelspin wasnt too bad. Got racing tyres on which probably helped alot!

80MPG BEEZA
okj i havent read the last 6 pages i got bored after the first 6, k-tec have pics of rolling road proof of running 308bhp, yes! rr are not essentially true, BUT we were behind their demo car at fcs in a clio with nos running around 245bhp on the nos and it was fair to say it was gunning away from us on the straights, as per vs a M3 who knows BUT

310bhp + 850kg's = :)

I've just read through 11 pages of mainly drivel (sure no one made me do it) but do I get a gold star ? lol.

Some here have gone way off of the initial question, it's un true.

As for a standard 182 cup keeping up with an e46 m3:lolup: - get out of here.

I'm 99% certain (correct me if i'm wrong here) that the dude never even said what M3 it was (maybe it was mentioned, but overlooked by other load of rubbish in this thread)

At the end of the day Ollie has a damm nice car, but some on here can't hack that:rolleyes: most just wanna come out with 'this modded car this & that modded car zzzzzzzzz :boring:' comparing standard v's standard doesn't enter peoples heads sometimes.
Then people get the hump when he qoutes the cost if it new (like the other person did with their car) At the end of the day it's his car & his money, it's up to him what he does.

Back on topic (and as most have suggested) please can the dude with the 309 bhp clio turbo just go & race the dude with the M3 ?? (obviously not on the road)

Mountune Tractor
Agree with cat ^^^^^
So most are in agreement that the clio would suffer at the start and then once it had traction would start to catch up with the M3. The question is....is 1/3 mile long enough for the clio to catch up and then overtake?

P.S. I'd rather own the 60k M3 CSL

very true...

yes but then one guy came on saying how his standard 182 sticks up with an M3, and then some other guy starts bringing his mates mega tuned cars into it.

Ollie, gotta remember this is Chava Sport, home of the prepubescent teen dreamer. Anyone who's IQ tests above that of boiled water knows an M3 spanks a Clio into the middle of next week, I'd just laugh mate.

yes but then one guy came on saying how his standard 182 sticks up with an M3, and then some other guy starts bringing his mates mega tuned cars into it.

Ollie, gotta remember this is Chava Sport, home of the prepubescent teen dreamer. Anyone who's IQ tests above that of boiled water knows an M3 spanks a Clio into the middle of next week, I'd just laugh mate.

PMSL!

Lux'd Glacier White R26
I've just read about 7 of the 11 pages of this thread and i must admit, its been an incredibly funny read; however, can we keep this simple?

The facts:

'309 bhp' Clio 182 vs Standard M3.
Dual carriageway.
1/3 of mile is the total distance of this 'straight line' race - 1st set of lights to another set of lights.

Now, a 1/3 of a mile is about 520 meters - give of take...

M3 would win based on the above facts; however, i do believe the Clio would own it given the race was extended to a whole mile, given his 182 was geared to go beyond 140mph!!!

End of discussion, surely? Besides, my c**k is bigger than yours! ;)

Tys.

P.S, Ollie, 190mph top speed? You serious? Have you removed the limiter and actually had that GPS verified? Not saying its untrue, just hard to believe to be honest! :)

Last edited:
Not sure about standard M3s but the CSL is certainly geared to go over 190. I've have the speed needle off the clock (goes up to 180mph, and my needle was showing about 195)

Not really that hard to believe tbh.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
The P1 is limited to 155, but they will go off the clock and show around 167mph. This is pretty pants compared to the M3 and definitely the CSL. I wouldnt doubt the 180-190mph + quotes at all.
Awesome.

S2 106 GTI
haha this thread is soooo funny!!
i'll put my 2 pence in - i bet on the clio! shauns 182 was f**king quick! we went to a meet in chester with it, and off the lights we had a race with one of those slk amg things - looked like a le-mans car! now shaun would back me up with this but off the lights from a rolling start we kept in front
if i had the cash i'd like a m3, but i don't so.......

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Who was the guy on here with a turbo and posting about keeping up with a ferrari 355/360 a few months back,would like to hear his side.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
Who was the guy on here with a turbo and posting about keeping up with a ferrari 355/360 a few months back,would like to hear his side.

Not that hard to believe, CSL will keep up with a 360.

Yeh,if my nan was driving the 360.They reach 100 mph in 9.0 for the ferrari and 12 for the csl.

3 seconds is a lot.Who told your bmw was as fast as a 360????

Not that hard to believe, CSL will keep up with a 360.

Yeh,if my nan was driving the 360.They reach 100 mph in 9.0 for the ferrari and 12 for the csl.

3 seconds is a lot.Who told your bmw was as fast as a 360????

CSL to 100 in 12 lol. OK mate.

360:
0-60 4.27
0-100 9.44

CSL:
0-60 4.49
0-100 10.24

Admittedly the site I got both stats from are slightly ambitious but it's hardly a different world stats wise.

EDIT: And I heard it off another CSL owner. Ive only just found out the stats of the 360.

Last edited:
  FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I got mine from EVO who have over 100 years of driving between them,but hey,you stick to your max power figures

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
If a ctr was 3 seconds quicker to 100 than a 182 there would be a holy war on here for someone to say there 182 kept up with the ctr

clown

Mk4 .:R32
come on boys, kiss and make up.

00057724-531B-1C75-9B81809EC588EF21_arch2.jpg

MK1 16v
got to put my bit in if it an E46 it would nail a clio E36 evo would p*ss all over it aswell E36 non evo would be close and i think it would beat an E30 M3 although the E30's are the best M3 looks and noise wise.

i want an e46 csl when i pass my bmw master techs in a couple of years :D

got to put my bit in if it an E46 it would nail a clio E36 evo would p*ss all over it aswell E36 non evo would be close and i think it would beat an E30 M3 although the E30's are the best M3 looks and noise wise.

i want an e46 csl when i pass my bmw master techs in a couple of years :D

Good choice fella :approve:

e46 M3 CSL is the best sounding ;)