ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White Plastic Cap from Top Of Gear Stick

Clio Extreme 2008
Greetings! I have a Clio MK3 (I believe, it's a Clio Extreme from 2008), and replaced the gear knob a while ago. During replacing the gear knob, the white plastic cap from the top of the gear stick was thrown away because it was damaged. The official gear knob now just spins around on top of the stick. I've been driving around like this for over a year and it's still irritating me. I replaced the knob with a 3rd party one but as the grub screws just screw onto the textured metal shaft as none of the rubber bits supplied with it fit, that also becomes loose and slides around after a while and then needs tightening.

I just wondered what the white plastic cap which lives at the top of the gear stick was called and whether replacements for it were available so that I can refit the original gear knob and not have it slide around. I asked my local garage and they weren't much help here.