ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

White valver project

This has been copied from another forum i use, i picked this car up last tuesday (5 days ago)

Right as you all know my car has suffered a death at the hands off a dodgy driver in a corsa, this left me in a dilema as i had literally just finished the car ready to attack this years track days, do i repair the bent car, do i reshell it or do i jsut get something else. Well after talking to many people ive been convinced to re-shell it as i have everything here to build a track going clio!

Currently i do not have another car! but i have started stripping the old one, Brands hatch is on the 27th of may so this gives me around 6 weeks to complete the car.

This is my current car, which is currently sitting in the garage with the engine half hanging out and the interior all loose falling about.

DSC00482.jpg

DSC00483.jpg

DSC00484.jpg

APR 15TH -

Right yeasterday i picked up a white valver for £850, a good price i think, the engine and box are mint, 4th mount powerflex dog bone, stainless heat sheet, others bits e.t.c.

I finished work and met the scrap man who took my car away

DSC00540.jpg

I sent Danielle to the wheel refurbers to drop off my replacment wheel for a refurb, and i was left with this

DSC00539.jpg

DSC00538.jpg

Ive decided to do the interior first, then the supension/brakes, theni will do the engine, meaning i can do a few bits to it while its out (nothing major jsut ptfe gaskets and tappets e.t.c)

Today i stripped alot off the interior out, my heat gun broke so i still have the tar to look forward to, i also need to swap the seat runners around as thier diffrent, i did also change the wheels as ive sold the turbines, i left the car like this (In the garage)

DSC00541.jpg

a selection off stuff ready to be thrown out

DSC00542.jpg

19TH APR

progress over the weekend, interiors almost done now, just need to change the steering wheel and lose the half working stereo.
A friend of mine has my old polybushed wishbones and a new set off williams ones and is swapping the bush's for me, im hoping to get the interior and suspension done by the end off this week, then do the engine the week after. pics -

Tar

DSC00546.jpg

No Tar

DSC00547.jpg

DSC00548.jpg

Glass window removed, and the electric motor systems

DSC00549.jpg

Carbon door cards on!

DSC00552.jpg

Then my niece came out to help

DSC00554.jpg

Broom Broom!

DSC00556.jpg

Then i put it away

DSC00550.jpg

The plan tommorrow is -
Change the steering wheel
remove stereo
fix in the harnessess properly
ring wheel refurb place to see if its done
fit new number plates (if they come)

Im not fitting the rear windows just yet as mine go in using silocone and i want to get the arch's repaired, its alot easier to mask up the rubbers than silocone.

Love it, gutting about your old one though.

is the corsa owner paying for the lot? (as in the avos that look snapped?)

The corsa drivers insurance paid out £1800, i kept my car at a price off 225 leaving me with the £1575 diffrence.

ValverInBits
mines a 92J and it's got a silencer instead of a cat as standard by the looks of things.

OP: Nice project. Lovin the carbon

work from the last 2 days -

steering wheel changed

DSC00558.jpg

DSC00561.jpg

I changed the rea shocks to the avos from my coilover set and lowered the rear, i havnt done the front yet as im waiting for my friend to put the polybush's in my new wishbones.

DSC00562.jpg

DSC00570.jpg

Then i stripped the manifold off the 2.0 so i could put the ptfe gaskets on

DSC00575.jpg

DSC00576.jpg

DSC00577.jpg

Then of course i bolted it all back together also adding the tb ptfe gasket.

DSC00578.jpg

Thats about as much as i can do, im waiting for my friend to do the wishbones, and im also waiting on him doing the new lifters in the engine, only a very few small bits i can do before that

They are fresh ones, turbines are to heavy for me! and they dont provide any cool air to the breaks (wilwoods to go on)

i used petrol, the windows cant be opened as thier locked from the inside using a split pin.

Todays work/progress -

I finished work got changed then went straight to pick this up

Newly powdercoated wheel

DSC00593.jpg

Then when i got back i changed the plates over, i ordered some new ones as i didnt like the gb thing on the old ones

DSC00580.jpg

DSC00582.jpg

Then removed the fogs

DSC00583.jpg

rear

DSC00584.jpg

DSC00589.jpg

I then got out my megane manifold (modifed to fit on the clio) and painted it in uht

DSC00579.jpg

DSC00581.jpg

DSC00591.jpg

DSC00592.jpg

my replacement coilover had also come, heres a couple of pics off the new vs old (yes that is duck tape on the thread, to stop them getting ruined!)

DSC00585.jpg

DSC00586.jpg

Then i set it to the same setting as the one that isnt fucked, saves me doing it when i put the widetrack all on

DSC00587.jpg

I removed the thermostat from my engine and replaced it with a low temp one i got from Matt Brown, my old one was a bit ruined!

DSC00590.jpg

My wishbones will be ready by friday so hopefully ill fit the widetrack on friday, then set about removing the engine on saturday, while i do this a friend will be changing the lifters as mine were noisy.

Nothing to do tommorrow except order a few bits from renault and get the wheel changed over

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Oh thats really sad seeing that black valver on the scrap wagon :-(

New project looking good, I love white valvers.

Right my wishbones were finaly ready on sunday so i fitted the wide track, didnt take many pictures as i was just getting on with it, fitting this lot is a real pain, especialy the arb, i changed the inner arms to the williams ones as i didnt want the track rod ends almost falling out (they sit in on about 3-5 threads if you dont change the inner arms)

PAIN IN THE ASS

DSC00596.jpg

And this is what i done today, i didnt refit the driveshaft's as im taking the engine out so it saves me doing it twice
i started off doing all the stuff underneath the car as thats the stuff i hate doing just wanted to get it out off the way

downpipe and dog bone disconnected

DSC00604.jpg

fitted the short shift while i was under there

DSC00602.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

Then moved to the top where i was greated with 4 over tightened bonnet nuts which resulted on 4 broken studs, the bonnet will now be pinned

DSC00605.jpg

and removed a load off stuff from the engine bay, the engine is ready to lift now, rad, clutch and throttle cable disconected, loom unplugged, ecu unplugged, pas disconected e.t.c e.t.c

DSC00606.jpg

Tommorrow i will lift the engine out and clean up the bay, im dropping the engine off for new lifters to so hopefully ill get it back thursday

Gez

Yozza'd 182 RB 188bhp
Quick progress mate. as said, shame about the old motor.
how clean is the underneath on this white one? rust free???

rust free underneath, a touch on the rears but ill get that sorted.

today i dropped my engine off for the new lifters to be fitted and took my engine out

load leveler makes it a million times easier

DSC00608.jpg

DSC00609.jpg

big update but unfortunatley not many pics!

yesterday (thursday) i fitted the oil cooler and anywhere in/around the engine bay that had a hint off rust got abused with hammerite! started by removing the bumper and fitting the rad to check clearence

DSC00611.jpg

fitted and the grotty mess cleaned up

DSC00612.jpg

bumper back on

DSC00613.jpg

While i was doing the above i got the call from my engine guy who said it was ready so i picked it up thursday night, this brings us to this morning which started like this

DSC00609-1.jpg

swiftly turned into this

DSC00614.jpg

refitted almost everything, rad/pipes/battery/dowpipe e.t.c e.t.c

But as always there is stuff to do! i broke one off the fuel lines so i need to sort that out also need to fit the injectors properly and fit the driveshaft's (need to change one off the cv joints before being though) then with a bit of luck it will start up! though of course there is more to do, brakes wheel bearings,arch's,rear windows e.t.c e.t.c!