ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

who’s best for mods (insurance)

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

insurance is up it 6 days so either gotta strip car to standard or find better modded insurer.

thing is i will prob only have the car for another 6 weeks max, then ill have money for a 182 and it will be standard.

current insurer is adrian flux well actaully highway and thew quote for a 182 is £860 whereas privilege is 640 but they dont allow mods hence i cant insure this car on the policy first.

just cant be arsed to strip the car to standard and dont really want to either cos i like it like this!

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

privilege are great for standard cars but i dont get the money for new car till may time.

ill try HIC and green light tomorrow.

S1 Elise 111S

Whats the situation with insurers and track days? do they allow/forbid it? do you have to tell them? are theyre any that would cover you as part of their cover (albeit limited)?

Insurance is valid on public roads, therefore not applicatble on a private track.

Im with Highway through HIC and am insured for track days as part of my cover.

You can get seperate track day insurance but this is often very expensive and the view of most people is that it isnt need unless your driving a ferrari/lambo etc.

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

greenlight were rubbish for me, not competitive s my car is only group 8, so i asked for a quote on a 182 and they replied with £799, thats £160 more than privilege.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member

am with highway through adrian flux, was alot cheaper than anywhere else including greenlight, HIC didt evevn quote me.
21 on a valver,

sheepy you could strip it and sell all the mods seperatly but i expect you have thought of that

Clio 1.6 16v 2003

^^ i know just cant be arsed..

i wanted to just sell it the way it is, but no-ones relly interested in the wheels and the skirts dont come off.

if i insure it as standard the skirts will still be on the car so ineffect the car is modded and insurance not valid.

Quote: Originally posted by Freebone on 13 April 2005

am with highway through adrian flux, was alot cheaper than anywhere else including greenlight, HIC didt evevn quote me.
21 on a valver,
Strange? Theyre both dealing with the same insurer.....

Im 21 and have a valver, and been with HIC since I was 20!