ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who can answer this then? lol :P

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
I hav a remapped DCi 100, it does 50-70 in 5th in 6.5secs

When i put my foot down the revs soar like a petrol as the car accelerates & i can feel the excessive torque coming into play, but at around 3.5k the REVS START TO FALL for about 0.5k and then rise again as they should!!

So the car continues to accelerate and the speed keeps hiking, while the rev counter actually goes down?? lol

Which smarty pants knows the answer to that one??? lol :rasp:

Last edited:

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
Same as other thread, EGR valve is possible for this too. Seen it on one before.

Clutch sounds like its slipping you should be able to tell though can you not tell the speedo and rpm arn't going up together.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
If the clutch was slipping the revs would rise not fall.

The clutch is slipping at lower revs. Remember this is a diesel. Then as the revs rise and it gets past the torque peak the clutch stops slipping and the revs fall.

Clio Dci100 Dynamique
Thanks PMurray, took it down Renault today cos of that warning light and the diagnostics turned up 2 faulty glow plugs and a blocked EGR Valve!

Nice one! ;)