ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who else has spax rsx w/outboard rears on ph1 172???

george 172,205,metro
just out of interest what is the spring ratings on the spax rear setup?
and how much are people paying for just the rears?

Ph1 172 (titanium)
Yea dan has specified rates on here somewhere. I think he said they were around 400lbs. Could be miles wrong though

george 172,205,metro
if dan is right then they run pretty soft???
can spax supply other spring rates?
and is there anywhere that sells them at a good price for just the rears?

Ph1 172 (titanium)
That`s what i didn't want, mine still look like new....:rasp:

Scott, was all going well mate. Seems dodgy bearing has been the culprit. f**king annoying really. Cos would have been better to keep them mint. Just hope it's only a bit of paint gone. And not something worse!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
if dan is right then they run pretty soft???
can spax supply other spring rates?
and is there anywhere that sells them at a good price for just the rears?

remember the springs are not in the same position as stock, so the leverage point is different, meaning the required spring rates are different. They're perfect for a road going car that does track days, exactly what they're designed for.

Renault Clio 182
I have these fitted to my cup packed 182 no issues with rubbing but they sit very close, is everyone that is running these using spacers?

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Slightly of topic but if I was to fit f1's on the 182 with spax would I need spacers?

nope, not unless there's excess play in the axle bushes, or something is slightly bent. (I suspect bushes on Scotts car after having it in)

Renault Clio 182
really? there's one. everyone else is saying never had a problem. wow

Reading through 3 people have had rubbing issues all that have been resolved, I was just curious more than anything as I have not had one issue with mine and I have no spacers fitted, Just wondered if people are fitting spacers to either give better clearance or allow for more camber