ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who here took their engine cover off their 172/182?

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I did, it was doing my head in not being able to get to the brake fluid reservoir. Is it true that cups dont come with them on? I guess there arent any serious implications from not leaving it on?...........

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
The plastic is there for cosmetic reasons...the Cup doesn't have it on, but its your call.

Donny

182, SRT8, RS4, GT-R
I took mine off to shave that extra few tenths off on the way to work ;)

In all seriousness...On/off...personal opinion really

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3
why not? they rattle about and theres always someone who will pay good money for it!

E90
Clart said:
why not? they rattle about and theres always someone who will pay good money for it!

some one payed good money for my itg filter i sent back to you, i dont remember seeing any of it mind you, LOL

Clio 172 mk2
Left my engine cover on...just made sure the bolts are torqued down properly so it doesn't rattle

R

Rebecca

I never heard our rattle over all the other noises but we prefer ours of anyway as it looks better if I ever get his car I could be tempted to respray it a pretty colour like purple and pop it back onto the car.

Commando is the future. Why the f**k would anyone want to cover an engine up? It's beyond me. If I didn't have a Cup, I'd have unbolted the engine cover on delvery day before I even sat in the car.

clio sport mk1
thanks allot guys...:dapprove:
i've never thought about taking off my mk1 cover...
now i'm thinking about it, despite the problematic local police

Clio RS
police in uk can make you problems because off the engine cover?!

it's not a engine upgrade!
it doesn't make more noise than original configuration
it doesn't make problems with pollution

MK2 Audi TT - 2.0T dsg.
thanks allot guys...:dapprove:
i've never thought about taking off my mk1 cover...
now i'm thinking about it, despite the problematic local police

lol it's just a bit of plastic dude. Chill :D

I've been meaning to do mine for aaaaggges.

I heard it's best to take it of after a quick 5 min drive to get it warmed up rather than freeeezing cold bolts.

Mine snapped off when I had to take it off to get to brake reservoir, one bolt wouldn't come out so just lifted engine cover up and it snapped off in my hand!!

182FF c/w Recaros
Mines been off ever since I got it. guy I puchased from said it vibrated sometimes at certain revs so he took it off.

Looks better with it off anyway so it's been off ever since.