ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who is buying and selling cars at the moment?

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
In a similar vain to the"Anyone going for long drives" hopefully with less abuse.

To relieve boredom I regularly look at pistonheads. Still a few nice cars coming up from private sellers.

Noticed a nice black gold car with low miles and Recaros.

I may have taken a look at such a car, unlikely for the next 3 months.

On a similar vain I topic it loads of peopld are finishing lease and PCP deals all the time. I assume these are just getting some kind of short notice extension.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
In a similar vain to the"Anyone going for long drives" hopefully with less abuse.

To relieve boredom I regularly look at pistonheads. Still a few nice cars coming up from private sellers.

Noticed a nice black gold car with low miles and Recaros.

I may have taken a look at such a car, unlikely for the next 3 months.

On a similar vain I topic it loads of peopld are finishing lease and PCP deals all the time. I assume these are just getting some kind of short notice extension.

Reckon a lot of finance up to the eyeballs on everything "to look like you minted" (but haven't really got a pot to piss in!) people will be proper fucked due to this tbh

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I work here; Ellanicars.co.uk

we are closed to the public due to government restrictions.
We have sold a couple of cars to key workers, I even sold a car to an MP yesterday (or the day before, all the days blend in to one.. 😂)

the government are not helping us with anything that they’ve promised so if someone calls and wants to buy a car then I will go in and sell it to them. If they want to browse or are ‘just looking’ then they can wait until this is all over.
I don’t like doing it, but I have no choice seeing as it’s either sell cars or go bankrupt.
So yes, people are still buying and selling cars, but not through choice I can assure you. I’d much rather keep my family safe from all this and stay at home.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
If I buy another one then I will be castrated by my mrs

She said I can buy as many sets of wheels and cats as I want though

I have a 182 to prepare to sell... only thing is I've stored it at my mam and dads house over 30 miles away which means its gonna sit there for a few weeks at least without me being able to get my mitts on it🙄

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
I sold my old Evo weekend before last, and that's the last human interaction I've had that hasn't been my wife/kids. Did it with gloves on, no hand shakes, etc etc.

Looking back, it probably wasn't worth the risk. But, on the other hand I'm grateful to have the cash.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Catalytic converters, or the furry kind?
Catalytic converters😂

Tippy ain't keen

20200107_172447.jpg

mart.z.s

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi A3 2.0T Quattro
I also wondered how people are getting around the “collection only” bit for parts on Facebook pages as I’ve had to tell a few people no, thinking it’s OK to swing by and pick something up. But I know there are a lot of other sellers allowing collection still.

Tonyclio

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Reckon a lot of finance up to the eyeballs on everything "to look like you minted" (but haven't really got a pot to piss in!) people will be proper fucked due to this tbh

Should mean a few RangeRovers coming onto the market then🤭

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
I bought a new car at the worst possible time... week before the lockdown. I can't drive it until I sell my current car, but don't see any point in putting it up for sale now, so it's just got to sit on the drive for 6 months or whatever. Also annoying as the garage put 12 months MOT on it before I picked it up, so half of that is going to be lost! So annoying.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I bought a new car at the worst possible time... week before the lockdown. I can't drive it until I sell my current car, but don't see any point in putting it up for sale now, so it's just got to sit on the drive for 6 months or whatever. Also annoying as the garage put 12 months MOT on it before I picked it up, so half of that is going to be lost! So annoying.
What have you got? I’m always buying....

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

Noticed that you put a thread up about the new car on PH ... but not on here lol. I actually really liked them when they first came out. They are soooo council though :ROFLMAO:

I’m looking to buy a BG/RB 182, was hoping to time it nicely with selling the house, but corona has slowed it down so I shall just sit on eBay checking the local listings for something good value.

I have found one local to me, he (or she) has had it years, has the factory trendlines, still has the original splitter on, it looks a little tarnished but as long as it’s get the FSH I’ll be knocking on his door.

OneTime_

ClioSport Club Member
  '65 BMW F31 330d

I picked up my RB on the 14th of March. Literally drove it back, to work twice, once for a drive with a friend and to the shops about 3 times since. That's it :(
Not the best timing.

Swift Sport
I've stopped myself from looking in case I find a massive bargain and have to talk myself out of going to get it.

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
A friend of mine just ended his deal on a 335d and hands back to bmw a little early and picked up its replacement a new m135i. He said its sat outsiee its house with 100 miles on it. I have seen a good few people talking about the £229 a Month deals on megane rs with delivery dates soon. I guess there delivery may be delayed due to corona affecting production.

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
I was looking at a few BMW 335d Tourings before the lockdown. I’m working from home now so have put it on hold until the lockdown ends.

The price of one I test drove has gone up from £18k to £20k since the lockdown lol

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
A friend of mine just ended his deal on a 335d and hands back to bmw a little early and picked up its replacement a new m135i. He said its sat outsiee its house with 100 miles on it. I have seen a good few people talking about the £229 a Month deals on megane rs with delivery dates soon. I guess there delivery may be delayed due to corona affecting production.

I believe they're at least freezing monthly payments for a bit aren't they? That would wind me up even more, at least mine's bought and that's that. Although saying that, I'm losing tax money as the DVLA won't let me SORN it until I receive the new V5 🙄

M2 / Golf GTI
Found a dirt cheap Golf GTI near to me, I'm wondering if it is acceptable for me to 'exercise' walking to the persons house and make a no interaction purchase... seems to be a few bargains coming up now.

M2 / Golf GTI
Do you think it's acceptable to buy a car as a private buyer at the moment? Local purchase, I could walk to get it. I guess it would still be deemed unnecessary travel though, might slide it if we met in a supermarket car park to do the deal but I'm not sure if I'm quite that desperate! It's just cheap!

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Depends how both parties feel I guess! I know I shouldn't but probably would if it was a right bargain.

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
If you have no car as you crashed or blew up you previous one and need it to drive at the moment to your job at the hospital. Yes.

If you are getting because its cheap? Does not sound essential.

Remember any interaction with a stranger puts your friends and family at risk not just you.

They are else advising you to clean food over with dilute bleach in case someone in supermarket touched it before. Good luck on bleaching your car interior.

Clio 197
Do you think it's acceptable to buy a car as a private buyer at the moment? Local purchase, I could walk to get it. I guess it would still be deemed unnecessary travel though, might slide it if we met in a supermarket car park to do the deal but I'm not sure if I'm quite that desperate! It's just cheap!

How will you test drive ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M2 / Golf GTI
Common sense shone through, literally no point given you can't even drive it.

I am also keeping my eye on the classifieds, have been for a few months. Seen the black gold 182 on Pistonheads and would have been right up my street but won't be moving on anything until this blows over. Not worth any risk to either party.