ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who should pay for it

Could it be that the bumper has been scratched at some point taken off and resprayed?

I had my back bumper resprayed and mine doesnt sit 100% right (although its nowhere near as bad as yours). I believe its quite difficult to get it to sit perfectly.

By the looks of things I'd say that the bloke refitting your bumper didnt have his specs on that day (the fact that it doesnt sit right is probably causing the exhaust to look wonky).

Take it back to the garage and get them to assess the damage (if there is any).

We had a lady who collected a 07 astra off me last week and she didnt spot a nasty scratch which was why the price was reduced, but she came into to see us at the garage nice and polite but we could tell she hadnt spotted the scratch in the 1st place, but as she and her family are valued customers we got the scratch repaired however i was well within my rights not to but that not good for business.

It's not down to the customer to spot it - if the price was lower because it had a nasty scratch, that should have been made very clear to her.

If she wasn't told, she had every right to make sure you repaired it. I'd have thought it wasn't good for business that you don't tell people when there is damage to the cars you're selling..:S

A used car has to be in a 'satisfactory condition'.

Yes, but you cannot 100% define 'satisfactory condition'.

By the way you are talking you could argue that ANY used car isn't 'satisfactory condition' as it isnt 100% perfect as it would (probably) be fresh from the import center.

www.renparts.co.uk
looks like a damaged rear bumper, 182's have some problems with the exhausts and it may be that its been repaired/some part replaced and its not fitted up quite right, the claims of a bent chassis etc are utter rubbish and even if it was it wouldn't have effect on those areas imo.

Mini Cooper S sport

By the way you are talking you could argue that ANY used car isn't 'satisfactory condition' as it isnt 100% perfect as it would (probably) be fresh from the import center.

It's satisfactory condition in relation to the age and price...

So basically within reason...

To be honest mate, for the amount that i paid for the car, i would atleast expect the pannels to fit, and i dont think thats too much to ask. The car is now at the dealership, they gave me the "impression" that its going to be repaired, but im not getting my hopes up.

cheers
toon

To be honest mate, for the amount that i paid for the car, i would atleast expect the pannels to fit, and i dont think thats too much to ask. The car is now at the dealership, they gave me the "impression" that its going to be repaired, but im not getting my hopes up.

cheers
toon

You would also expect that for the amount you paid for the car you would have a good look at it before buying

clio sport 182
well,id never trust renault again after my experience,my engine blew in my 182 took them 4 weeks to tell me its not covered with my warenty(sumhow)and 2 and half months later still not had the car back

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If the car was sold with scrathc from a bump, bumper out alligment and a droopy exhaust as it does not affect the operation of the car in anyway whatsoever then a garage does not have to put it right, if the damage wasnt there when you looked at it and signed the order form then when you came to collect it it had that damage then that a different ball game.
We had a lady who collected a 07 astra off me last week and she didnt spot a nasty scratch which was why the price was reduced, but she came into to see us at the garage nice and polite but we could tell she hadnt spotted the scratch in the 1st place, but as she and her family are valued customers we got the scratch repaired however i was well within my rights not to but that not good for business.
Thats exactly why people can't stand dealing with car dealers.

Any update from the garage Toon?

Nope mate, not yet. I gave them a call about an hour ago and was told " it had just gone into the workshop" which actually means " OH SH*T WE FORGOT ABOUT THAT 182, GET IT IN NOOOOOOOOW".

Did you notice the damage before you bought mate?

Nope mate, but the car was very close to a biulding, so it was hard to see the back.

cheers
toon

Broken Diesel Megane :(
If the car was sold with scrathc from a bump, bumper out alligment and a droopy exhaust as it does not affect the operation of the car in anyway whatsoever then a garage does not have to put it right, if the damage wasnt there when you looked at it and signed the order form then when you came to collect it it had that damage then that a different ball game.

+1.

totally agree!! dishonesty is one thing i cant stand, and to have someone hold information back on you when your handing over £000's is one thing i hate! :mad:

+1.

totally agree!! dishonesty is one thing i cant stand, and to have someone hold information back on you when your handing over £000's is one thing i hate! :mad:

I know what you mean mate, i used to be a service advisor, for the dealership my car is currently at, and i admit, i used to lie to cover up people mistakes. I think if the customers were just told the truth, then situations like mine, and no doubt many others on this forum, they could of been provented.

toon

Just got a message on my phone " hello sir, we need authority to replace and exhaust mount and clamp, total cost is £78.00. I ONLY BOUGHT THE CAR LAST SATURDAY:mad: 1 YEARS PARTS AND LABOUR WARANTY:mad:.

toon

Broken Diesel Megane :(
Just got a message on my phone " hello sir, we need authority to replace and exhaust mount and clamp, total cost is £78.00. I ONLY BOUGHT THE CAR LAST SATURDAY:mad: 1 YEARS PARTS AND LABOUR WARANTY:mad:.

toon

kick up s**t mate!! obv the warranty aint worth the paper its written on!

EP3 Civic Type R
Kinda feel sorry for you here mate, HOWEVER looking at those pictures im susrprised you handed over so much money without checking out those exhaust's they are clearly not right... The last car i bought from a dealers was worth almost 9k and I spent an hour going over it

Well, i recived a call at 3.30 and heres how it went.

Hello sir, We have found that your exhaust mount is bent due to the impact to the rear bumper

Rite ok, well i have a 1 years warranty, so this should be coverd

No sir, its not coverd because the cars been hit

Look i only bought the car 1 week ago, it was sold to me in this condition. I used to work for you lot, and i know what your trying to do.

Rite ok sir

i have no intention of paying for any repair on this occassion, if it is not repaired correctly, i will be takeing further action

Ok sir, i will go and talk to the sales team.

THE END

TTRS & V50
c***s tbh.

bumper is most likely to be out of align because of some one reversing it, nothing highspeed, probably happened on the forecourt but the person responsible obviously shadied away from it.

i cant see them saying no to fixing it tbh, all they need to do is replace exhaust brackets remove/re-paint/refit rear bumper, jobs a good-un, just check for the colour match if they do this, as they might be cheap skates about it.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Just a quick question. Ive only read parts of thsi thread.

Did you buy the car like it?
Did you not notice it had damage already?

Even when buying from a dealer cars come with damage, if you dont ask for it to be repaired they dont have to....

And as they mentioned, if you buy a car and bump it, your warrenty wont cover the car to be fixed.

(I know you noticed the damage after you purchased it, was the damage done between you looking and buying the car to picking it up?)

Ladies and gentleman, i have news. I recived a call yesterday from the dealership.

Hello sir, your car is ready

Great, thankyou very much, is the bumper all done aswell

..........................what bumper, did you mention it on the job card

Yep i did, its one of the main reasons the car came in.

Ah rite, ok sir, i will get back to you

Call number 2 ( made by me)

Hello, can i speak to Nick please (salesman who sold it to me)

Hi nick, im having a lot of trouble with finding out what the hell is going on with my car

Ok, tell me what service has told you.

Basically, you lot are trying to charge me for the repairs on the car because it has been hit. I know it has been hit, its one of the reasons i brought it back, i know what your service department are trying to do, i used to work for them, so get it sorted, or further action will be taken.

Ok Alex, give me 10 mins

......10 mins later.......

Hi Alex, just to let you know, i have no idea what service are on about. WE are paying for it all to be repaired. Its going to the body shop tomorow asap

THE END

Just went and looked at the car, the exhaust now looks alot better, couldnt really get a detailed look as it was close to a wall. Should be going to the body shop today.

cheers
toon

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My ass will it be going into te bodyshop!!

Come on Al, even you used to try and pull that one!!

My ass will it be going into te bodyshop!!

Come on Al, even you used to try and pull that one!!

Very true...................but atleast i actually intended to get it there. Steve and Jenny used to hate me for asking them so much lol.

Hey people, just a quick update. The car is currently at the body shop. Should have it back for tuesday-wendsday.

cheers
toon

Dodgy one
I was going to put money on an exhaust mount been at fail, mine looks as yours did in the second picture, Bet your happy its all getting sorted now.

Make sure the paints a good match too and check you cant see any marks where they've sanded if theyre painting anything

The work should have been completed then billed to the sales department, thats the procedure, will probably go to with renaults approved body shop or have the mounts adjusted and a smart repair done on site.

As I said smart repair.
Tbh it doesn't even look that bad, people talking of a bent chassis are having a giggle. Even if it was my own personal vehicle I would use a smart repair type service, seems pointless spraying the whole bumper.
I can't believe you didn't notice when viewing it, I would have got that factored into the deal if I had bought it.
Exhaust mount is an easy fix.
Sounds like they knew about it if they are repairing it, if I had sold it to you in a private sale I would of told you to get lost, sold as seen, you could have reversed it into a lampost on the way out.

Thanks for all the people who have given me posotive feed back on this topic. For the people who say that " i could of reversed it into a lamp post" or you could of hit it from after you bought it. Well the fact is, the car has been driven a total of 2 miles since purchase, mostly due to the fact that i cant drive because i am banned until mid november. The only person who has driven the car, was the salesman who deliverd it and my gf who drive it around the block. So if someone could explain how i damaged it in 2 miles of my gf driving the car while i was in it. Then go ahead

toon.

P.S. job interview went well paul, im down to the last 2