ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Who will be/is Buying a 200T

RB 200
Fair doos, maybe bad personal experience, I test drove one before I got the 200 and wasn't impressed personally.

TBF the Mk III 200 has perma-lag from tickover to the redline. Nothing ever happens. A bit worse than waiting half a second for a turbo to make boost.

RB 200
TBF the Mk III 200 has perma-lag from tickover to the redline. Nothing ever happens. A bit worse than waiting half a second for a turbo to make boost.

Mine doesn't? .. the only issue. I ever have is a flat spot on about 6 1/2k in 5th, and the old kangaroo complaint only seems to happen if you hammer it cold. which i'm not daft enough to do :p

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Mine doesn't? .. the only issue. I ever have is a flat spot on about 6 1/2k in 5th, and the old kangaroo complaint only seems to happen if you hammer it cold. which i'm not daft enough to do :p

Relatively speaking...it does.

Mine pulls cleanly from tickover to limiter as well, but calling it lethargic until it sees >5k would be kind.

RB 200
back to the point ... think may people will buy these? .. also, I'm sure I seen a standard car in RB the other day .. sort of kill the joy of better colours on the proper versions?

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Balls, just been on Peugeot and specced a 208... Grrrrrrrrrr. Want - in Grey! NOW!

1.2 TCE Dynamique S
I will be buying one, but I'm going to need to stop looking at this forum haha... So much negativity towards Renault its slowly making me worry :D

After pricing up a few other cars i might be interested in they all come out quite a bit more expensive so this looks like a good option for me.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
back to the point ... think may people will buy these? .. also, I'm sure I seen a standard car in RB the other day .. sort of kill the joy of better colours on the proper versions?

People are acting like its the end of the world. Im sure in 2 years the 200T will be popular.

When i was young and single i loved the Clio. But after 5 years from owning my first i wanted something more grown up but more interesting to drive than a Mk5 Golf ( which i bought and sold). I think the 200T fits the bill nicely. MY only concern is Renault and there record of electrical issues. Im sure if people actually test drive this car they will love it. I cant see why they wouldn't? Cars nowadays are more refined and have to be so they can sell more.

I'd love one and I can't wait to see them posted on here and in person. I'll be keeping the Trophy though.

steve32c

ClioSport Club Member
  200T

Renault are calling it French blue - I don't think they are making blue an option let alone Racing Blue for the 200T, the only colour options I've seen are Deep Black, Flame (Red), Glacier White, Mercury (Silver) and Liquid Yellow.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
I am. Well I might. I'm not sure. Grrr.

The Fiesta ST financially makes a very strong argument for itself as an alternative..as in a £4k argument that I can't ignore. Reports seem to say it's a pretty tidy package. Only negatives for me are 3 doors. All else is on a par with or preferred over the 200T.

Argh.

#whycan'timakeafcukingdecision!!!

I agree, if I was looking to buy either of these I would find it tough not to get the ST. It's cheaper for a start, and I have access to some additional discount...

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ive been looking at them but I just cant justify the cash for one, be interesting to see what sort of dealer discounts etc are available.

id personally prefer a meg 265 but £31k with the "must have" options for me is comical for a Renault, especially when a nice 250 granted not with the same options is 12k!